The online racing simulator
Quote from MoMo92i :hum...btw XR2 won round 1 and Team Inferno was in the leading pack of round 2.

Let's be honest this isn't the first time that MoE run that combo so the majority of the teams there have already a basic set. In XRR there are not as many GT2 sets as in FZR. That's all, then I'm sure XR2 could do 47.XX and if you check from spdo DB FZ2 pace on it first ever season, you gonna see that it wasn't running some 46.

I said it can’t be as fast. (But it gets really close.) As for the inferno guys, that’s more a matter of some raw talent and experience. It would be great if they could compete here to set the benchmark for XR2 in this race. (Probably you read half of what I wrote. “Just another moaner” yeah I know this is the first impression)

I did 2:48.3 while practicing with many mistakes... 2:47 is definately possible even by a not talented driver like me. I just hadn't the mindset to do that in the race. And that's partly because...
Quote from JPeace :Well, for one, don't crash into the gravel captin obvious.

exactly that
A mistake like that in XR2 can cost several minutes or just one lap if you shift+p early enaugh... on the other hand the same mistake in FZ2 costs some seconds.

[edit]
On another note, it was a pretty clean and enjoyable race (lots of nice battles on the stream )
Well your team contributed to one of the XRRs in the gravel
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :
E2: My thoughts go to Concept, being stolen from a 24h race podium after such a brilliant race with a time-out occuring 2 minutes before the end, this must really suck.

yes it does
Quote from JPeace :But then, how many times did you see an FZR go into the gravel, and how many times did you see an XRR go into the gravel? XRR was in gravel more than the FZR, which is why you lost so much time in it.

Well; for the record, my team got stuck on sand traps 2 times during the 24h race. The first was caused by running with punctured tires while trying to avoid traffic and the second time was a mistake of one of our drivers.
I didn’t get stuck on a sand trap trough my 140laps of my period in the race, if this means anything to you. (it doesn't mean anything to me)

It’s not just about my experience of the race. I am talking generally about that situation from my first post.
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :
E2: My thoughts go to Concept, being stolen from a 24h race podium after such a brilliant race with a time-out occuring 2 minutes before the end, this must really suck.

well my game crashed totally or windows who knows 2min left :& but i am not happy about my performance anyway but troy and lars did great job driving whole night and day
Reasonable race for me. But I wasn't so fast like others drivers here
It was fun for me to do this race, thanks to Yann for calling me.
My first stint was very touristic, too many time on grass, and a beautiful spin at ffffuuuu last chicane. 2:54 best lap, very slow
3 others stints were better, with some great 2:51 what mean I progressed during, of about 3 seconds.
Fair GT1, this is the first time I see that on a long race... Great job guys !
But some GT2 drivers mustn't know that we didn't had to wait that his car is into another racer's car to pass him after drafting, like this driver which the name finished by "ski" who send me on gravel after the second split's start...

And, unlucky for me that replay fail to be saved, because there is something suspect with srla's driver A.Bertoni. He was on my rear and had the possibility to pass me like normal time. Tracker said that srla were classified after us, but the guy don't stop to flash me with his lights, like I was blue flagged, then he push me on the rear, and I loose control and lost like 10-20 seconds. When I see tracker, we're behind them in the order of 11 seconds if I understand what Yann had written :P, but this make me sick...

So, the race is finished, I will remember that i've done 4 correct stints for about 4h20 of racing straight. Like Yann said, our aim was to finish the race, and we have achieved it

Good job admins, it was fun to do this endurance race !

E: @deko : It's impossible to have the full stream ? :/
Quote from JPeace :But then, how many times did you see an FZR go into the gravel, and how many times did you see an XRR go into the gravel? XRR was in gravel more than the FZR, which is why you lost so much time in it.

I, for one, put my FZR in the gravel in T1 after a puncture and had no trouble getting out. Woulda been beached in an XRR.
And what could the solution possibly be? The XR2 should have been competitive this round. Looking at KY3 where it could run R2s, it was pretty dominant. Could have been the same here.
I wouldn’t say dominant. But KY3 favors XRR a bit because it has less "stop and go", slow or twisted corners than AS5. (so turbo lag or engine "flexibility" is not an issue.)
Other than that, XRR is just fine and its cornering performance is great.
As I have already stated, it doesn’t need more power. It just needs a wider powerband so someone could have a bit more freedom in gear ratios selection. (That would also reduce the problem of turbo lag)
GT0 already helps a bit in this direction by upping the displacement to 2,2L. But also this causes a change of the CoG position, so upping the displacement furthermore would be a disaster. I suspect you haven’t any other way of changing engine characteristics.
Anyway. Don’t bother. You have already done enough.

The majors issue is that behavior over sand traps, and we can do nothing about it.
Quote from kaynd :I wouldn’t say dominant. But KY3 favors XRR a bit because it has less "stop and go", slow or twisted corners than AS5. (so turbo lag or engine "flexibility" is not an issue.)
Other than that, XRR is just fine and its cornering performance is great.
As I have already stated, it doesn’t need more power. It just needs a wider powerband so someone could have a bit more freedom in gear ratios selection. (That would also reduce the problem of turbo lag)
GT0 already helps a bit in this direction by upping the displacement to 2,2L. But also this causes a change of the CoG position, so upping the displacement furthermore would be a disaster. I suspect you haven’t any other way of changing engine characteristics.
Anyway. Don’t bother. You have already done enough.

The majors issue is that behavior over sand traps, and we can do nothing about it.

I must say the xrr could have been just as fast as fzr at this round, when I was gonna drive xrr me and Patrick did some testing and it could do 48-49low at the start which was what the fzr did. Not sure about end stint bit it would have been within the range of the top times.
Such a disappointing race for SR

XRR would have been fine if it had a good(top) team driving it.
Quote from kart-36 :I must say the xrr could have been just as fast as fzr at this round, when I was gonna drive xrr me and Patrick did some testing and it could do 48-49low at the start which was what the fzr did. Not sure about end stint bit it would have been within the range of the top times.

In good set is possible, I've already driving xrr this round with hm... average set, it was set created more for keeping on the track not for quick laps. I've pushed hard and i think other XRR teams was better prepared for this round than we
But now without shitty talking, XRR is good but we are started practicing for real 2-3 days before race and we didn't build "quick" car in this time.
Well. Its great how I am shit talking and still none of the existing top or even average teams drive the XRR in MoE.

Once more. XRR is competitive and I am fine with it.
What I said about its engine characteristics are facts, regardless our performance with it.

And still my main problem was not its engine performance. I just wrote something about it because it’s an easy matter.
But I can say nothing about the main problem… the sand traps. If it would work, I would raise the car as high as possible so it couldn’t get stuck. But it isn’t a matter of ground clearance unfortunately. (yes I have tried it, and because it doesn’t affect aero, and tire physics are too forgiving in extreme loads, it doesn’t decrease the car’s cornering and straight line speed.)
As5 favours the FZR a little bit, but I'm sure with a good setup XRR could also be competitive like CITY LIGA endurance team showed last year.
Quote from luki97 :In good set is possible, I've already driving xrr this round with hm... average set, it was set created more for keeping on the track not for quick laps. I've pushed hard and i think other XRR teams was better prepared for this round than we
But now without shitty talking, XRR is good but we are started practicing for real 2-3 days before race and we didn't build "quick" car in this time.

If you used the set I think you did, Simon got into mid 49's straight away with it. Your fault if you didnt :P
Quote from Kova. :And, unlucky for me that replay fail to be saved, because there is something suspect with srla's driver A.Bertoni. He was on my rear and had the possibility to pass me like normal time. Tracker said that srla were classified after us, but the guy don't stop to flash me with his lights, like I was blue flagged, then he push me on the rear, and I loose control and lost like 10-20 seconds. When I see tracker, we're behind them in the order of 11 seconds if I understand what Yann had written :P, but this make me sick...

It was my fault and I couldn't say apologies before.

What of my lights is a mistake because I didn't flash you... almost what i can remember.
I remember that, i pushed u because i didn´t understand you for what place you will move...
Sorry for that Kova. and congratz for finish... Was a nice race with you guys (TEM.) Really i enjoy battle... when SRLA goes out of track, TEM blowout tyre..
Quote from gangsteer :It was my fault and I couldn't say apologies before.

What of my lights is a mistake because I didn't flash you... almost what i can remember.
I remember that, i pushed u because i didn´t understand you for what place you will move...
Sorry for that Kova. and congratz for finish... Was a nice race with you guys (TEM.) Really i enjoy battle... when SRLA goes out of track, TEM blowout tyre..

O ok Everything is clear now
Thank you for your apology.
Quote from kaynd :Well. Its great how I am shit talking and still none of the existing top or even average teams drive the XRR in MoE.

Inferno oughts to be counted, as they haven't officially withdrawn(yet?) though they missed last race. And with a win and a 4th place in the first 2 rounds, I see no way how they can realistically be ruled out of the "top" or the "average" team list.

In other news, I don't really get why this kind of balancing issues are more or less always raised somewhere at the middle of the season. I think we all know here that the restrictions won't be changed at that point, and that all the arguments occuring now are rather counter-productive.

As a manager of an XRR team, I don't see this point of this kind of worries. We don't really care how whether/how much the XRR is unbalanced. By entering in an XRR at the beginning of the season we agreed with the restriction given to it. All that matters is that we had some good racing so far, we might have finished last in the 24 hours race but we had a cracker of a race for position(and I belive you guys at Hellenic had a fair amount of them at round 1 and 2), even if it was far behind, and at the end of the day that's what keep us interrested.
We have not been withdrawing yet, because maybe we will be back for one "good-bye" race in this season.
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Inferno oughts to be counted, as they haven't officially withdrawn(yet?) though they missed last race. And with a win and a 4th place in the first 2 rounds, I see no way how they can realistically be ruled out of the "top" or the "average" team list.

No no you got me completely wrong there. I just didn’t include Inferno there because I thought they had withdrawn from the season. (sorry. my mistake)

As for the other news, I get your point. But really this wasn't just about balancing. (I have stated my thoughts on this matter before the season start).
This was more of a frustration expression right after the race, mainly because we lost any chance to just follow the competition being stuck on a sand trap for several minuters.
Anyway I don't think that any of this is counterproductive, unless having logic arguments is that tiring to you.
Look at it from the bright side, next race there is no sand .
Quote from PwrSlave :Look at it from the bright side, next race there is no sand .

:ices_rofl
Yes Indeed
#49 - IMOL

24 Hours of Aston Grand Prix: Race Discussion
(57 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG