The online racing simulator
24 Hours of Aston Grand Prix: Race Discussion

#2 - Seb66
I guess it's your foto Ben...I mean made by you.
That's NASCAR racing superstar Kyle Busch.
"Sorry to Felix" by Günni...
Stream is back on with voices
Sorry from 47- M. Paluch to Core Racing GT1. he go to early inside.
Quote from kiste :Sorry from 47- M. Paluch to Core Racing GT1. he go to early inside.

np!
Sorry again. this time to Evo Gt1. C. Barnick missed his brakingpoint due the slipstream.
BIG apologies to J. Törmälä from Sonicrealms, i totally wasnt paying attention when rejoining the track -.- Good thing he managed to avoid me
my head hurts so much
my too
#17 - IMOL
This last 2 hours of the race... Was just "ZZZZzzzzzzzzz................."
Great racing guys. Was very much fun.
Was a hard race with up's at the beginning and downs at the end for us.

anyway we finished that is most important, gz winners
Quote from IMOL :This last 2 hours of the race... Was just "ZZZZzzzzzzzzz................."

but nice racing from ou. i thought only "what the hell is going on with him. why he gain 3secs per lap oO"

Gratz to the winners. was a hard but nice race.
Second 24 hour race in 2 weeks for me, after the DoP finale. We weren't quite sure to do the race until Friday evening, with most of our planned drivers having other commitements and various problems. Finally we managed to find a solution after calling 3 guys in last minute. But this meant that we had to take the start with very little preparation, so-so organisation, and some unexperienced drivers.

We weren't sure at all if we were gonna cover the night in these conditions, but we eventually made it somehow. We had a nice battle all race long for 11th(and penultimate) position with SimRacing-LA that kept us entertained(and some of the viewers too I hope) for the whole distance. It was amazing, even with all off track excursions, time-outs and various stuff in both side, we were keeping together until the very end. SRLA eventually got the place for only 11 seconds, but the gap was only a few seconds at around 23h45. I'm only quite disappointed I hit some moving tyres at the chicane, in the middle of my second to last stint, this caused me to spin and lose 15-20 seconds, this probably costed us the position. But as I said, both sides had an incredible amount of "if" moments And our aim was just to finish anyway, which we did, so no major regrets here.

So in the end, despite the poor turn-up(19 cars, I guess you have to go back to season 1 to see so few cars in the 24h), a really great experience, I'm glad we made it eventually. See you at next round, with hopefully more teams daring to face the evil Fern Bay kerbs.

E: It appears that there was less cars in both season 1 and 2, but that's definitely the least we had in the multiclass era.

E2: My thoughts go to Concept, being stolen from a 24h race podium after such a brilliant race with a time-out occuring 2 minutes before the end, this must really suck.
XRR gets stuck on the sand traps and still can’t be as fast as FZR
FXR lacks greatly on straight line speed due to increased drivetrain losses and also lacks in cornering speed due to the front weight distribution->downforce distribution-tires dimensions.
And then it’s the turbolag and the narrower powerband of the ~2L turbo engine comparing to the 3.6ΝΑ (and yes. this isn’t about max power to weight ratio… let alone torque to weight ratio. These are totally different engines that perform in different rpm bands; comparing max torque figures is ridiculous.)

All this combined with our luck of free time, raw talent, and members that are willing to keep spending their little free time in LFS, equals to major fail.
Constant fail gets too frustrating.
Playing the “obstacle” role isn’t that fun obviously.

Maybe this should be an FZR league. Unless you like racing with subclasses in addition to the defined car classes, and even more obstacles.
But anyway we most probably won’t be around here after the end of this MoE season. Its time to let LFS rest till it get some decent updates.

Anyway, sorry for the captain obvious post.
hum...btw XR2 won round 1 and Team Inferno was in the leading pack of round 2.

Let's be honest this isn't the first time that MoE run that combo so the majority of the teams there have already a basic set. In XRR there are not as many GT2 sets as in FZR. That's all, then I'm sure XR2 could do 47.XX and if you check from spdo DB FZ2 pace on it first ever season, you gonna see that it wasn't running some 46.
Quote from MoMo92i :hum...btw XR2 won round 1 and Team Inferno was in the leading pack of round 2.

Let's be honest this isn't the first time that MoE run that combo so the majority of the teams there have already a basic set. In XRR there are not as many GT2 sets as in FZR. That's all, then I'm sure XR2 could do 47.XX and if you check from spdo DB FZ2 pace on it first ever season, you gonna see that it wasn't running some 46.

We would still have been able to do 2.46, but thats bullshit to tell now what our chances would, should, could have been as we have to withdraw because of the lack of drivers.

24 Hours of Aston Grand Prix: Race Discussion
(57 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG