The online racing simulator

Poll : How should GT0 team points be migrated (or not) into their new classes?

Match moved teams' points to their points position counterpart in their new class
Migrate existing points into new classes without change
Zero all points and start fresh with the 24-hour race
Points Migration for GT0 Teams ***ONE VOTE PER TEAM***
Drivers and teams,

This is a poll to gauge participant opinion on how to migrate teams from GT0 to GT1/GT2 with regard to their points.

*** SINCE DIFFERENT TEAMS HAVE DIFFERENT NUMBERS OF MEMBERS, AND CAN THUS SKEW THE POPULAR OPINION BY VOTING AS A BLOC, WE ASK THAT EACH TEAM REGISTER ONLY ONE VOTE. IF MULTIPLE TEAM MEMBERS VOTE, TEAM LEADERS SHOULD STATE IN THIS THREAD WHICH OF THEIR MEMBERS' VOTES SHOULD COUNT. ***

Only active MoE teams may register a vote. Please confer with your teammates and pick a representative to vote.

(If these rules are not followed, we may resort to taking ballots via email.)

The initial email sent to all teams indicated that GT0 teams would move into their new classes with their GT0 points totals intact. This was met with some resistance by certain members of the MoE community, and we thank them for their pointed critiques.

Therefore, we are presenting you with the three options above. The results of this poll are non-binding, but will be vital in our ultimate decision regarding how this operation is carried out.

To explain the second option a little more clearly: the idea is that the #1 team in GT0 after Round 2 would have the same points as the #1 team in their new class (say, GT1) when migrated. Ditto for the #2 team in GT0 and the #2 team in their new class (whether GT1 or GT2). Example: if ineX GT0 move to GT1, they will have 53 points, the same as GT1 class leader Team Sirius.

Voting will remain open until Sunday, February 6 at midnight UTC.

Thanks for your participation!
#2 - Fuse5
Match moved teams' points to their points position counterpart in their new class

how does this work, care to explain please?
See edit, and also the edit about voting rules. IMOL, I forgive you since you voted before I edited. (Nice reflexes.)
Team leaders, you can post in this thread stating which of your members' vote will count for your team vote.
#5 - scipy
Voted for #2.
NOTE: If Option 2 is used, penalty points assigned to GT0 teams during Rounds 1 and 2 will be re-assigned after points are matched.
#2 seems to be the best to me, though very unperfect.

However, do you realise that if Conquest GT0 moves to GT1, that'll give them 26.5 points, while they scored 0 so far? Also, not fair for the ex-Inferno GT0, now GT1, who potentially could have had 26.5 or 28 points instead of their current 16, if they changed class one round later.

I know it's a difficult situation though, quite hard to find a solution that would be fair for everyone.

I belive we could at least not give points in rounds where those teams had DNFs...

Another idea, maybe re-calculate round by round points according to the amount of starters there was in each round in the class they migrate to. What I mean is, if for example nFinity GT0 moves to GT2, their 3th/5 would be worth either 10 or 9 points, as 3th/5 is schematically worth 6th/12 or 7th/12.

(I voted for TEM.)
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :#2 seems to be the best to me, though very unperfect.

However, do you realise that if Conquest GT0 moves to GT1, that'll give them 26.5 points, while they scored 0 so far? Also, not fair for the ex-Inferno GT0, now GT1, who potentially could have had 26.5 or 28 points instead of their current 16, if they changed class one round later.

I know it's a difficult situation though, quite hard to find a solution that would be fair for everyone.

Cq is not continuing with a second car.

If they had been, I would have added a special case for 0-points teams.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Cq is not continuing with a second car.

If they had been, I would have added a special case for 0-points teams.

Ah, yea, ok.

Please check my edit in my previous post anyway :P
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Another idea, maybe re-calculate round by round points according to the amount of starters there was in each round in the class they migrate to. What I mean is, if for example nFinity GT0 moves to GT2, their 3th/5 would be worth either 10 or 9 points, as 3th/5 is schematically worth 6th/12 or 7th/12.

I considered this as well (and a similar idea was put forward by Troy from CR), but the problem is that it's probable that some GT0 teams (namely ineX and SR) would have run as well in their new classes (GT1 and GT2, respectively) as they did in GT0. It might be a bit arbitrary/presumptuous to say that, for instance, ineX's 2nd place performance in GT0 at Westhill was only equivalent to a 4th or 5th place GT1 performance.
but its still arbitrary to safely assume that it was, be it inex or nfinity or whoever in whichever race
I have no place here, but my better judgment has been left next to the empty beer bottles surrounding my position.

Apon futher review, the point gaps don't change all that much so ether way I'm happy. This is not a vote from ineX.
ev0 voted

edit: me
ignore timo :P
Please ignore the rogue spdo vote for option one; we vote for option two.

joshdifabio voted for spdo.
Jup +1

Ignore my vote please in Option 1, i vote for the 2nd
Quote from JPeace :Vires has voted #2.

Sorry i didnt see the voting rules. Please dont count my vote for #1

Apologies.
ineX voted
nfinity voted
Psymonhilly voted
If you guys don't mind editing your posts to add the username of the vote that counts, that'd be great.
Playerzone Team voted

djblueice
Inferno voted

bash0r
Hellenic Racing team voted.

cbr929
RAPTOR voted option 2
This thread is closed

Points Migration for GT0 Teams ***ONE VOTE PER TEAM***
(26 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG