The online racing simulator
#1 - Phlos
Formula 1 when Pool 1 race ?!!!!
Hello,

Is it possible to start the race of the Pool 1 at 15h00 GMT please ?
I can't believe you put the OLFSL race on the same timing as Formula 1 GP

I hope it will be possible
Push record
doubtfull
I doubt the pools will be changed, the current system 16:00-22:00 GMt has been in place as long as I've known, also everyone in your pool and the host would have to agree to it too, there might be lots in your pool who do not watch f1 even.

Think you'll have to choose between them, it's bad luck, but the non europian GPs are always a bit tougher schedule wise.
#4 - Phlos
Quote from Tweaker :Push record

I've watched all Formula 1 GP live for 12 years..and it will not change now : if the pool 1 is not delayed, I will not do it
If the current system is 16:00-22:00 GMT, we can start at 20:00 GMT as some other pools...it will be after Formula 1 GP and it will be fine

I hope many drivers in Pool 1 love watching Formula 1...so if most racers agree with me and will not race tomorrow, admins will probably delay Pool 1 start
I believe there is no problem in asking for moving you to a lower pool that runs later.
Quote from Phlos :I've watched all Formula 1 GP live for 12 years..and it will not change now : if the pool 1 is not delayed, I will not do it
If the current system is 16:00-22:00 GMT, we can start at 20:00 GMT as some other pools...it will be after Formula 1 GP and it will be fine

I hope many drivers in Pool 1 love watching Formula 1...so if most racers agree with me and will not race tomorrow, admins will probably delay Pool 1 start

Don't be such a drama queen, The people who have to admin the servers also have a life to you know and are giving up alot of their time to host the pools, now your asking for another hour and a bit of their time.

I love watching the formula 1 but really, i'd rather be racing in this league rather than listen to the English commentators tell us how unlucky our dear Jenson Button has been...yet again.

Nope, i'm quite happy with the time of the race and if it's time is changed i'l have to change times of my other plans and i'm sure other people will feel the same.
ON cbs here in the states the last two races have been on right at 930 same time as olfsl. I missed both those f1 races and dnf both lfs races. I just checked tv listing and f1 and league race are same time. SO if the fiendis could remove me from the grid it would be much appreciated.I dont want to miss another f1 race so my computer can kick me out of the league race. If i would have know they would be on at the same time i would have removed my hotlap. sry for the hassle
#8 - Phlos
Yes me too, same as Modoff...if you don't want to make the race at 20:00 GMT instead of 16:00 GMT, just remove me

Bawbag, you are probably NOT a F1 fan like me... so if it's fine for you, it's OK, but not for me.
Lol, i've allways been an F1 fan and watch as much of it as I can.

Easy Phlos, You don't need to tell me or anyone else on the forum, we all know your bigger and better than the rest of us at EVERYTHING.
I'm probably bigger/addicted F1 fan than you (otherwise you will watch live F1 as me, really !) so "I'm better than the rest of you in EVERYTHING"... well if you want, even if I don't see the point :uglyhamme
oh cmon :P id rather race in olfsl than watch f1 :P f1 is so boring these days as the ugly faced alonso seems to have too much luck i want the old days back! bring back the real gearbox's, bring back everything cause atm computers in the car do more than the drivers themselves and that makes f1 so boring even gp2 isnt that boring or champ car
I would definately go for the race,instead of another boring F1 race
Quote from Phlos :I'm probably bigger/addicted F1 fan than you (otherwise you will watch live F1 as me, really !) so "I'm better than the rest of you in EVERYTHING"... well if you want, even if I don't see the point :uglyhamme

You are not bigger fan then me m8, I support u about your initiative, but as u can see, f1 is boring this days, and me for the 1st time in my life, i desided not to watch it and go with the olfs race

but for next time i hope admins read this and make a proper race timings
watching 20+ cars go around a track chasing either a reno or ferrarri is not my idea of racing i'd rather go racing myself
sad to see racers pullout
I im a little sad that i wont get to watch the F1 because this track is always interesting so i spose i might as well watch the highlights.
Yes I watch F1 too.. but everyone has already made their plans so changing the time wouldn't be reasonable
Just remember you need to MAIL our Pool Manager about your absence. You can find the adress from the "Contact us" page.
All of you who complain about the times.. How about if you ask me to schedule your race differently next time instead of complaining about it afterwards?? I don't read all tv guides in the world, believe it or not. And I certainly don't schedule my life that way!

16 GMT is the earliest possible, that's in the rules. If you don't want to be there, fine, it's your DNSH.

I lost my motivation to run OLFSL and haven't been able to get it back so I took some time for my family and we were away this weekend. We just came back and then I see this.. My motivation still hasn't returned, and this certainly doesn't help.
Omg, it is nothing about reading all tv guides in the world...this is just a common sense :

LFS is a racing simulator, right ?
Formula 1 is the most famous racing category in the world, right ?

So you think racers in OLFSL don't care about watching Formula 1, right ?
If LFS was a Football simulator, sure you can do a football league when there is a Formula 1 race...but this is not the case, damn.

I can't believe you forgot about Formula 1, the most famous/watched race in the World, this is an awesome mistake illepall

Sherry on the cake, it was the most important race for me (2nd position in Pool 1...)
I will probably leave OLFSL if the race is not reported...

EDIT : You cannot delay it to next sunday ?!
You delayed qualifications in previous event without emailing racers (I didn't know until I saw I was in Pool 2 and no more in Pool1....)...so everything is possible, right ?
Quote from Phlos :so everything is possible, right ?

With a reason good enough, yes. Formula 1 event is not one.

I'm F1 fan myself too, but the sport has become boring to watch for me. I timed the pools this time and I didn't feel need to specially adjust the timeline because of some sporting event. Also, I was 20km from nearest habitat and F1 wasn't really in my mind at that moment. I just put up the grid based on OLFSL rules, as usual.

But that's only my personal opinion, as is your "I'll prolly leave OLFSL if not" opinion. You can always miss one race and go on with the next one, you know. It's up to you m8
?????
I don't believe what I'm reading
In my opinion OFSL is far superior to F1 (but thats my opinion)
If you want to watch it then watch it
If not tape it
In fact do what ever you want ,but dont moan about it please...
The work that is put in to run this league must be very time consuming for the people that run it,with I guess very little reward
And it would be a very very sad day if it did not continue
Quote from Phlos :Sherry on the cake, it was the most important race for me (2nd position in Pool 1...)
I will probably leave OLFSL if the race is not reported...

You know what.. do what you need to do. If that means you will leave OLFSL, then have a nice life.

I can't do things the way you want! In case you haven't noticed, OLFSL has 787 members and 140 hotlaps were uploaded again this week. Do you honestly think I will change the schedule just because you want to watch F1?? That is where you are wrong, because you can make threats to leave OLFSL if you don't get what you want, doesn't really matter. I have NEVER responded well to yelling, threats and blackmailing, that hasn't changed and never will.

If you want a certain time for your pool, ASK for it BEFORE the hotlap deadline. Otherwise shut up and live with it.

Oh and btw.. The poll about helping.. Only person who can change the schedule is the Pool Manager, aka me. In the poll you said helping is not fair. Now which is it, fair or not fair??
Quote from Mrs FienDi :Oh and btw.. The poll about helping.. Only person who can change the schedule is the Pool Manager, aka me. In the poll you said helping is not fair. Now which is it, fair or not fair??

Buhahaha, touche! 6-0 for Mrs FienDi
I am not the only one complaining about this... some people will not finish race as me because of F1.

But you do what you want, it's your league. Bye

EDIT : And helping 1 guy yes, it's not fair. Helping lot of guys watching their F1, it's totally different...
This thread is closed

Formula 1 when Pool 1 race ?!!!!
(33 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG