The online racing simulator
I suggest
An RAC vs FZ5 Oval Opener......Better still we make it an all RAC season.

The RAC on AS1..Weee

Just because LFS isn't doing. doesn't mean the OLFSL has to lay down.
Lol, Russ says I'll shoot the ideas down, and the first idea to appear is an all-RAC season!!

Then again, that "car" doesn't need to be shot down, it will kill itself and its passengers on its own...

Sol The Shooter
Quote from AtomAnt :An RAC vs FZ5 Oval Opener......Better still we make it an all RAC season.

Better just keep it to the FZ5 for that round then, since the FZ5 WR is 1.4 second faster than the RAC WR at ky1...
Ok the RAC for 25 laps at KY1 and then for race 2 of the day...25 laps with the FZ5 at KY1R.

Some rally , like the RB4 @ FE5 would be nice.

I'd like to Know if Tim could code so that every driver had to drive the same set for one race...the mighty UF1 at SO3,the little short track...be a hoot if everyone was driving the same set for just one race.

I'm just throwing out ideas....doesn't mean they all need to be thrown out

I really enjoyed last season, you guys did a bang up job on cars and tracks as well as the new fast lap feature

AAnt
Quote from AtomAnt :Ok the RAC for 25 laps at KY1 and then for race 2 of the day...25 laps with the FZ5 at KY1R.

Some rally , like the RB4 @ FE5 would be nice.

Quote :I'd like to Know if Tim could code so that every driver had to drive the same set for one race...

It's technically impossible, every single driver would have to send his set to an admin.

Quote :the mighty UF1 at SO3,the little short track...

Don't know, would mean 2x more servers. But hey you did that last season already didn't you.

Anyway I'm seriously considering to take part next season
It's technically impossible, every single driver would have to send his set to an admin.

Obviously you have no IDEA of the coding powers of T1ger.

This is the guy that they said,,,you can't sort 32 drivers by some quali app you dreamed up...He did, and the OLFSL is the only league to have it...because Tim K drives here and cares.

IRH Sonic...Redline MOE...they can't do what T.Kay and Sami do, they don't have OLFSL quali system and grid order...that took years.

SO...code everyone to a set, or we use new F1 rules...Full fuel at race start on R1...but you must pit ...either swap the green strip tire out (No Re-Fuel) allowed..or like I said...Tim K. Writes a program to have everyone drive the same UF1 set.

It's Not Impossible. Nothing is Impossible.

My grand daughter is a female smaller version of my Father..so anything is possible.

Code the set Tim I'll get Three Jump to provide the set.

AAnt
Quote from AtomAnt :
Code the set Tim I'll get Three Jump to provide the set.
AAnt

That's quite a promise you make there
Quote from three_jump :That's quite a promise you make there

You're right, I should have used please, and I'll ask nicely, but really there are not many better coders than Tim, and you my friend are one of the best set builders in LFS

AAnt

It would be really hard to do, but an all same set race would be fun , would it not?
I forgot about this tread developing - wot's happening dudes?
Quote from Solar Hydro :Lol, Russ says I'll shoot the ideas down, and the first idea to appear is an all-RAC season!!

Then again, that "car" doesn't need to be shot down, it will kill itself and its passengers on its own...

Sol The Shooter

Damn you Solar - it's an outdated version from year 2001. Devs could be my hero and update the RaceAbout into this:
http://www.raceabout.fi/era/

That car came second in X PRICE competition it took part. It is worth mentioning that there were major car manufacturers in that competition as well while the RaceAbout was designed/build by finnish students. That's an achievement worth mentioning

Besides, I still think RA is the most fun road car in LFS. Worth updating, though I don't know how well the game is capable to model a car with 4 engines, one in each wheel, that can either accelerate and decelerate.

In the end, you can shoot as much as you like Solar but you will always fail to hit me and my RaceAbout
Quote from AtomAnt :

Obviously you have no IDEA of the coding powers of T1ger.

This is the guy that they said,,,you can't sort 32 drivers by some quali app you dreamed up...He did, and the OLFSL is the only league to have it...because Tim K drives here and cares.

IRH Sonic...Redline MOE...they can't do what T.Kay and Sami do, they don't have OLFSL quali system and grid order...that took years.

SO...code everyone to a set, or we use new F1 rules...Full fuel at race start on R1...but you must pit ...either swap the green strip tire out (No Re-Fuel) allowed..or like I said...Tim K. Writes a program to have everyone drive the same UF1 set.

It's Not Impossible. Nothing is Impossible.

Hey Ant,

Praise indeed, which is somewhat misplaced I am afraid. Whilst my coding is nowhere near "great" it is sufficient for our purposes. Having just spent a few minutes reminding myself of the contents of a small text file by the name of "insim.txt", I can tell you that my ability to code anything to fix sets is seriously lacking. LFS Insim has nothing in it which allows sets to be checked at any level. I am sure that a real coder/hacker could check memory locations and see what bits are set to understand the setup (much in the same way some of the LFS tweaks worked to increase car power etc) but I simply don't know how to do this.

Tim

I suggest
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG