The online racing simulator
Event 4, Aston Historic FOX
Since I managed to upset everyone over the 'pool dropping' incident I thought I may aswell start this one off. Hoping to do a bit better now we are into the single seaters, love this track layout too quite a nice endurance race track feel to it, except for getting air over that uphill chicane bit that always catches me out when I start getting settled. Also the open wheel aspect will make close racing a bit more interesting. See how many people can get as close as shuey and kimi did at silverstone
I have tried the combo, and I find it very boring. Very loooooong straights for those cars. And unlike in FE I think it will be impossile to flip the car...unfortunately
#3 - S0ul
i think this combo is great...too bad i wont be there, the rock festival has my priority .I wish everyone good luck for this race, and hope the admins wont be that stressed because of server crashes and so on
#4 - Rompa
Quote from Blackout :I think it will be impossile to flip the car...unfortunately

That depends on the driver I guess ...

This replay shows something diffrent and quiet spectacular, it was my first try at this car/track combo, just FFW the beggining when I get stuck in the sandtrap, it get intresting when spinning out in the upphill and lands on top off the tire barrier and then when im settled in after 4-5 sec the game flings me straight to heaven in 110kmh death flight.
Attached files
FOX-flip.spr - 60.2 KB - 204 views
But now I just realiced it will be over 1h race, wohoo!
#6 - ajp71
Anyone got any race sets they'd like to share please?
Quote from ajp71 :Anyone got any race sets they'd like to share please?

Have you tried darkones WR set from inferno? I have no idea, if it is suitable for a 30 lap race, probably not, I guess.

And btw, I ran the current WR through f1perfview and average throttle is 95 %, percentage of full throttle is 92, between 6 and none 2. Veeery fast combo, I must say .

edit: and a total of measly 4 braking points, I might add .
I've setup the Mercury Racing Team server with the combo having 8 lap races. So far that takes around 20 mins or so, it is quite long. Most people I see are still using R1's, so any fewer laps for just short practices would be useless. I think some 8 lappers would be good to determine if R1's could last, and possibly if people will try using R2's.

People will surely be pitting in this race
I personally hope that the invisible wall bug on the right side wall after the twister-chichane has been fixed. Sucks pretty bad, if losing control on chichane in a way that send fox into it...
Quote from Linsen :Have you tried darkones WR set from inferno?

I've tried that set and I can't see it lasting 30 laps seeing as the tires were aproaching red after 3 laps.
Yes looks like a nice quali set though

Just for the record does anyone think that 1hr 15mins is too long for a OLFSL race? I mean I will probably be getting cramp & blurred vision by the time the race finishes.

How about we reduce it to 25 laps or about 1hr to save our eyes & numb bums?

p.s. - tweaker who is Miss LFS 2006? :wow: :jawdrop:
Buahahah, 1h 15 min is nothing
Quote from anttt69 :Yes looks like a nice quali set though

Just for the record does anyone think that 1hr 15mins is too long for a OLFSL race? I mean I will probably be getting cramp & blurred vision by the time the race finishes.

How about we reduce it to 25 laps or about 1hr to save our eyes & numb bums?

Never! Longer the better Under an hour long races are dull, but necessary due lack of resources, I presume.

If you can't handle fox for at least 30 laps on as historic, then you just don't have what it takes
Quote from anttt69 :How about we reduce it to 25 laps or about 1hr to save our eyes & numb bums?

NO!!!
Quote from ajp71 :I've tried that set and I can't see it lasting 30 laps seeing as the tires were aproaching red after 3 laps.

I'm sure it does.

After 4/5 laps the tyres start to cool down again I think, they should hold it much longer than a full tank of fuel.
I guess they were red on the surface and blue/just green inside I guess I should heat them more gentley?

EDIT: - I've decided I'm not going to race with my wheel atm, it's an unfair risk to take for others as it's become very hard to stop the wheel wandering in a straight line.
-
(BurnOut69) DELETED by BurnOut69 : Unneeded
Were do i post my compaints?
Look in the 'contact us' section of the OLFSL website.
I hosted your pool and noted your disconnect on lap 2.

Solar Hydro
damn hotlapers! pool 4 major crash in first turn wreakd almost half a pack inclueding me on the last moment (blipd my rear)! i cant belive it...i dropd again on last place and then made 27x in a row, and again best lap 2:26:92. finaly finishd 8th. from 10.(the rest quited). from my point of view it was a bit unfair. anyway im waiting for the replay 2 see who caused the crash

Event 4, Aston Historic FOX
(19 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG