The online racing simulator

Poll : Should the Pool Manager keep helping you?

Closed since :
Yes please.
No, it's not fair.
About rearranging pools...
BEFORE YOU VOTE, READ THIS:

Since you people keep complaining about this and beating me up, I think it's time to ask for the public opinion. IF YOU'RE NOT A MEMBER OF OLFSL, PLEASE DON'T VOTE.

Option number 1: I continue helping you. This means that you can still request a time for your pool, maybe get in after hotlap deadline, get transfered to a lower pool if you miss your race for some reason, avoid DNSH penalties if you cancel your participation in time etc etc.. I will help you as much as I can.

Option number 2: You get nothing. Contacting me about any issues with the grids is useless. More DNSHs will be given. I will not do anything to help you if you have issues with the grid. This is what some of you are asking me to do now. No more mr. nice guy. Or mrs in this case.

I have helped many of you during the 3 years I've been the Pool Manager. My help may not be available anymore, up to you. So vote and comment, you decide.
lol dont start like that - as the league becomes more popular, im afraid that you cant be nice and keep everyone happy, you have to start being strict and enforcing the rules with everyone *hugs*
I refuse to vote. I don't want to participate in a democratic league, I want dictatorship. Reason is simple, democratic league won't work, because then even the slightest majority rules. That's not good thing, because majority of people are - and I mean all people, not just olfsl racers - stupid. I rather race in a strict league admined by small group of dictators than in a league under the dictatorship of majority.

I've used opportunities given by olfsl-staff to influence my pools' starting times because personal issues (and many thanks for that), but I'm totally ready to take the dnsh's if times don't fit. That's only up to priorisizing stuff.

I also want to say, about faster hotlapper driving in lower pools... I see it this way: almost every time I encounter this phenomenon where someone not qualified to race in their pool has still qualified in hotlapping into that pool. In my opinion that sucks big time. I'd rather race with equals who can race for 35 laps without causing mayhem, than with 's who can only drive one lap fast without any traffic.

So, no votes from me. I take what comes and move aside if it don't feel right.
I'm not trying to make everyone happy.

All decisions will still be made by OLFSL Staff, I'm just asking for the public opinion.
Quote from Mrs FienDi :All decisions will still be made by OLFSL Staff, I'm just asking for the public opinion.

And that's good in my opinion (rats, now I gave mine.. ) It's just that opinions can be changed into politics so easily, that one has to be careful when to spread opinions
right ive spoken to fiendi and finally managed to put my point across - i wanted to raise the issue and nothing more :-) and juluppu i dont just want em telling us whats what - i think they should spank us too hehehee just kidding..
I even could have done like Julppu and refuce to vote, I voted for yes. Because some flexing/help is good, this league should be about having a good time, fun. And all this moaning about what was Mrs FienDi's desission is totally useless. I think it was a fair, I would apreciate it if I would miss my pool, which I wont, but if that happened for some reason. But I can understand why some people are bit upset. So I have a little suggestion: If someone is given a change to race in lower pool, the racer should not start on the pole because of the fastest hotlap, he/she should start from the last place. That would be fair for the other racers, would prevent too massive victory, and would be sort of penalty for missing the right pool.

Mrs FienDi is doing a very hard job for everyone, thank you again. It must been a stressfull sunday (again).
Quote from Blackout :he/she should start from the last place.

They always do. If I move someone to a lower pool, that person starts from the last place, no exceptions there. Cawwa started from the back as well, he just worked his way up
OOOhhhh mmmyyy goooooddd!!!

This thing is still going on, people moaning about the strcitness you must be mad. When I 1st joined the league I thought it was silly having such STRICT rules but now I see it's the only way to keep it fair. Now people moan about it not being strict, when clearly it is. illepall

I think if someone has a problem with the way things are run they shoud go elsewhere as this league is run near perfectly every 2 weeks and I don't see why this tension should be put between the racers and the admins because of a few guys crying about beating beaten by someone faster in their pool.

You should use this (if you were in pool 9) as a good way of motivation and try to get higher up in the pools, not cry because someone faster beat you. I bet if Cawwa only beat a couple of people this argument would never have happend.

I'll stick by whatever descision this poll comes to but I know that Mrs FienDi helps us in OUR bests interests (YES SHE ACTUALLY DOES IT FOR US, DON'T FORGET THAT) You lot are going on as if she does this on purpose to annoy people.

Please, just stop being nobs and get back to racing and let them do their jobs without anymore hassle, i'm sure they have much better things to do than be in a stupid dispute over a few guys spitting their dummy out.
What happened with Cawwa?
Flexibility.....it works here in the OLFSL, we hosts can adjust to the needs of the membership. There is no advantage for a driver going to a lower pool for a "Justified Reason". Real Life is nowhere even close to flexible, and most times it can be a drag.

Many improvments have been made and many more are planned.......all the while keeping the FUN in the league.

The one GOAL the OLFSL has always had.....anyone who wants to race, can.

So lets all be Flexible in this matter, it works.
Cawwa missed his race, pool 4 I believe? So he was allowed to start at the back of pool 9. Obviously he won since he is a better driver than the rest of us who were in pool 9 and was over 4 seconds a lap faster than everyone else. I think while everyone appreciates the work the Admins do it can be a bit frustrating, to be in a pool with someone so much faster than you when according to the rules if you dont make your race you miss out, you dont get the chance to beat some slower people. Whats the point in pools? Why doesnt everyone get picked in a random pool and race that way. I must admit I was a bit annoyed at the situation since I was racing in pool 9, other people might see it differantly. If I had actually finished the race, and come 2nd I would be even more annoyed since I would feel like I should have won the race. Perhaps in future the person who is moved to a differant pool could race but without gaining points? Or gets a time penatly in the next hotlaps maybe? I know we are all slow asses in the last pool but we still fight and work hard for our places on the grid.

I choose not to vote on this poll, I think the Admins do a wonderful job running the league and this is a grey area that just needs cleaning up. Any of us could have connection issues or other issues on race day and end up in this situation.
#13 - th84
I tried for several minutes to get on my pool with no luck. Im not sure what happened, but i dont think it's fair to move people around. If you/I cant make your pool, for whatever reason, you/I should just deal with the consequences. There's always the next race
i think it just opens the whole thing up to more complaints... as much as I would love for you to be able to help everybody, if two people are having problems, and one asks and gets in, but the other doesn't, and misses out, the 2nd person will just see it as favouritism and stupid things like that.

Rules are rules, but maybe having a rule about being late and being and to switch would help, so at least then if you do change something, its stated in the rules and they can't complain?
Ok the way I see it is Mrs F was just trying to help . Considering the amount of racers this season the OLFSL staff are doing a great job.

I can understand where u are coming from but at the end of the day Mrs F has not got the time to contact 15 racers on race day to get thier approval about special circumstances.

As pool manager Mrs FienDi's decisions are final!

This is a fun league & we as racers should give the organisers more respect for all of the time that they give out of the kindness of thier hearts. (thats why I now help out with hosting)

It may not of been fair considering thier is a rule about missing races but thats life & life is'nt fair! I should know.
What would happen if a guy from the slowest pool couldnt make it and had to race in say pool 1? And then totaly accidently ruined the leaders race? or can people not move up pools?
Quote from Artanix :if two people are having problems, and one asks and gets in, but the other doesn't, and misses out, the 2nd person will just see it as favouritism and stupid things like that.

If that second person doesn't contact me, I don't know he needs my help. All of you who contact me will get some kind of help from me. The first one I get is my number one priority and so on.
Quote from Robm_lufc :What would happen if a guy from the slowest pool couldnt make it and had to race in say pool 1? And then totaly accidently ruined the leaders race? or can people not move up pools?

Oh come on.. Nobody can be moved to a higher pool.
Quote from Mrs FienDi :They always do. If I move someone to a lower pool, that person starts from the last place, no exceptions there. Cawwa started from the back as well, he just worked his way up

Ohhhh, just got different picture when I listened the race maybe because that delay...now the moaning feels even more stupid.
Quote from Robm_lufc :What would happen if a guy from the slowest pool couldnt make it and had to race in say pool 1? And then totaly accidently ruined the leaders race? or can people not move up pools?

Its not like pool 9 drivers are in contention for the winning the title is it?

You race for fun so stop taking it seroiusly & stop complaining!

all of ya
Quote from anttt69 :Its not like pool 9 drivers are in contention for the winning the title is it?

So what you mean is pool 9 drivers have less right to win their race than the other 'driving gods' of the league? nice.
The actual issue is about helping one racer while ruining the race for 14 others... why are the admins mortally offended (and that's the only message I can read from this poll) if this comes up for discussion?? I would have done earlier, but it's the first time I noticed that someone changed more than one pool down.
Quote from Robm_lufc :So what you mean is pool 9 drivers have less right to win their race than the other 'driving gods' of the league? nice.

No one said that.

Pool 9 is just as important as the rest of them, but in this case all other pools were done and pool 9 had room in it so I told Cawwa he could race there.
Btw.. BBO you voted but you haven't even subscribed. In a way that's the same as not being a member.. You're not involved in any way.
Quote from Mrs FienDi :Oh come on.. Nobody can be moved to a higher pool.

So if someone cant make it to the pool 9 and lets you know in advance then they wont be helped and given a place in another pool, like has happened in the past? Now a precedent has been set surely you can be moved up or down.. so maybe pool 1 doesnt seem so stupid.

About rearranging pools...
(43 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG