The online racing simulator
pool 6 my first race also...but 4 me it went v bad! i got very nervous.....and started 2 have problems in lap 4 or 5...slamd into walls out on the grass back on track again in the wall until i hevely damege my suspension and have 2 enter pits in lap8! now during this i was shaking like a frecking monkey and my heart beated like a 900HP engine piston!!.....(and i got the liceense only 3 weeks ago)... on this track i practised 1 week and got 2 1:18-1:19. Back 2 the race...on lap 20 or so again i acumulated damage and got 2 the pits again....but after that....MAN! i was like a "rocket"(well...not quite)! i made a new best lap(best off all) and a new pb also. adn finaly i finishd last with +1 lap ( this is my sad story... i consider its not that embarrasing .... i have 2 gether experience somehow... although i'm impressd with my last 7 laps where i was much quicker and with less mistakes. wath do u guys think of my situation?

ufff...i'm very disapointed, but...i think i got 2 stand up and try again, right?

oh, and yeah...Congrats to the winners was a good race...for u guys
Am gutted...running 3rd in my xrt in pool 9 and just flipped it at the last chicane with 5 laps to go!
Quote from Bawbag :Out on lap 1 in the 1st chicane

I thought I was through fine and then I was catapulting throught the air, guess I ran a little wide or something but I got through fine on the lag lap taking the same line (I thought I was anyway)

That is a Bummer Bean Bag, I lasted till lap 4 and flipped it on da roof....I night make a Turtle Wax skin seeming as how I spend so much time on da roof.....Turtled it.
Pool 2

Ah, yes. The race! I did not mind starting in the back of the grid, thinking there was a bunch of skilled drivers who eventually would pull away no matter how hard I tried. But love and behold, I felt rather confident during the first lap. Until two cars had a collision in front of me. When I was to pass them, one of the slower cars nudged me and the patented lag-clip-of-doom sent me right into the wall. Bummer! I checked if the car was badly damaged, which it wasn't so I kept going, unfortunately about 15 seconds behind the pack.

I was chasing Toretto for about 15 laps, who was chasing m i k i. Unfortunately they collided and Toretto lost a lot of speed, forcing me to slow down. m i k i didn't suffer too much though and opened up a gap to the semi-stationary cars. The fight between me and Toretto continued until he flipped his car you-know-where, almost taking me out in the process. After Torettos accident was in 10th place with 10 laps to go. I was pretty lonely so I was struggling not to loose focus when I all of a sudden saw m i k i in front of me, he must have been having the same problems cause when I was right on his tail, he slammed into the wall after the last turn. Priitmek must have had a similar accident, he was entering the pits as I passed him and m i k i. I decided to play it safe for the last 2 laps, just making sure m i k i wouldn't get close enough. I was able to keep him behind me, thus finishing 8th.
Pool 9: Sweden makes a clean sweep of the podiums places 1-2-3
not supricingly Cawwa finished first and lapped everyone else....
Thanks to Mrs FienDi who let me run in pool 9 when I missed my own pool 4 ...

I guess that I lapped you all becourse I never made any pit stop. In the beginning I was far to impatiant and went off a couple of times. I think I was last after a couple of laps again.
When I got loose I pushed hard to be able to repair my minor damaged suspension, the car felt very strange. Then all others started to pit and I understood I had a huge margin. I took it a litle more easy and nursed the car to the finish line. The strange thing is that when I took it easy the laptimes got faster!! So no secrets or magic, I simply didn't pit and kept the car on the road ...
Quote from Cawwa : I guess that I lapped you all becourse I never made any pit stop.

Plus u were 4 seconds a lap faster than the rest of us to start with..
Quote from Cawwa :Thanks to Mrs FienDi who let me run in pool 9 when I missed my own pool 4

Does that make any sense btw? I would have been quite frustrated, if I was a pool 9 driver seeing someone who's actually five pools faster and consequently makes it completely impossible for someone else to win the race :thumbsdow
It happened to me in my first OLFSL race, there was a guy that came from 4 pools above. Unsurprisingly, he won.

I think its very nice from the organization to let people race if they miss their own pool, I got nothing against that, but I also believe its very unfair for people who do belong to that pool. Maybe applying a special points rule for people who isnt racing in his pool could help.

Just my quick 2c
I disagree completely, i don't see how you can be strict on one rule and leniant on another, i feel if you are not racing in your pool - its a DNS, no buts and no racing in other pools...
Quote from Cawwa :Thanks to Mrs FienDi who let me run in pool 9 when I missed my own pool 4 ...

I guess that I lapped you all becourse I never made any pit stop. In the beginning I was far to impatiant and went off a couple of times. I think I was last after a couple of laps again.
When I got loose I pushed hard to be able to repair my minor damaged suspension, the car felt very strange. Then all others started to pit and I understood I had a huge margin. I took it a litle more easy and nursed the car to the finish line. The strange thing is that when I took it easy the laptimes got faster!! So no secrets or magic, I simply didn't pit and kept the car on the road ...

lol rubbish there were cars on the same lap as you that didnt pit - you were doing consistent 1:19's, while i have no problem with you being fast, it does remove some of the motivation to other drivers, I think this weekend has been a very VERY difficult one for the admins, I stand behind their decisions 100% but I think this issue needs to be raised so it doesnt happen again..
#37 - S0ul
i also think it sucks when drivers from high pools are allowed to drive in low pools because they miss their race...plus its unfair for the drivers who drive later,because when they miss their race there is no race they can participate anymore...so i think it shouldnt be allowed at all,no matter who it is
#38 - Worm
totally agree !
Right but, lets look at the other side of the picture, the admin was trying to be friendly as they have all season, so i think we should just let this one slide and hope that it doesnt happen again
Quote from S0ul :i also think it sucks when drivers from high pools are allowed to drive in low pools because they miss their race...plus its unfair for the drivers who drive later,because when they miss their race there is no race they can participate anymore...so i think it shouldnt be allowed at all,no matter who it is

Fine. Don't come to me then when you miss your pool, any of you. I'll be very generous from now on, a lot of DNSHs coming your way! We'll see if you think that's better..

Then again if I see any volunteers who think he/she would be a better Pool Manager; Go ahead and try! My job is one of the crappiest in this league but I still do my best. Don't expect any sympathy from me after this.. This job is hard enough without me trying to help you all, and when my thank you is something like this.. yeah, definitely more DNSHs.
#41 - S0ul
thats exactly what ill do,get a dnsh...I think rules are there for keeping them...sorry if that somehow hurts you,but im not satisfied with the decision....well i was not in that pool,so it didnt affect me directly,but i think this shouldnt happen in the future
Quote from S0ul :sorry if that somehow hurts you

If you want to hurt me, you're gonna have to try harder.
I'm not hurt, I'm annoyed. Do you want to be the Pool Manager for the next 2 weeks? You could show me how to do my job.
#43 - S0ul
youre totally misunderstanding me!im only saying that i think this shouldnt happen anymore...i didnt know its forbidden to say what i think...I didnt say i want to be an admin,nor did i say i intended to hurt you!
Lets just bury this thing,im never gonna suggest anything for improving again...geesh
I don't get it, why do people still persist in bitching and arguing with the admins!

I think that anyone who has an issue with their problems shoudl read aboslutely everything on the OLFS site, ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING, then you will see how much work and effort they put in.

Better still, count all the entries from the last 3 events and then think about who has to cater for them all.

I really don't know how the OLFS staff have time to run a very populated league and admin the servers AND be nice to people by rearranging things for them. Then to top it all off they get people moaning about it.

In some ways i'd love to see some members try your job Mrs FienDi but somehow i'm sure that it would be a total catastrophy (sp?)

To all the OLFS staff, I think you do a great job in running this league and you certainly do not get the praise you deserve for it.

Regards,

Ray
Quote from S0ul :i didnt know its forbidden to say what i think...

It's not. But don't you think I have that right too?

Quote from S0ul :I didnt say i want to be an admin,nor did i say i intended to hurt you!
Lets just bury this thing,im never gonna suggest anything for improving again...geesh

I never said you intended to hurt me, I just told you that you have to try harder if you want to do that. You don't want to be an admin, yet you're telling me how to do my job. And when I give you an opportunity to be better at it, you back off.. Unless you actually have the courage to try and do it better, I suggest you think before you start beating me about it.

You and me obviously have a different idea of suggesting something, if you call this suggesting. If you can't handle my opinion, why bring this up in the first place? I think I have the right to say something if ppl are attacking me like this.

Oh and btw.. the difference between me and all of you: you also do stuff that I don't like, but I NEVER beat you up about it in public. I always send email and ASK first. Maybe that should change too..
Thanks Bawbag
Quote from Mrs FienDi :It's not. But don't you think I have that right too?

I never said you intended to hurt me, I just told you that you have to try harder if you want to do that. You don't want to be an admin, yet you're telling me how to do my job. And when I give you an opportunity to be better at it, you back off.. Unless you actually have the courage to try and do it better, I suggest you think before you start beating me about it.

You and me obviously have a different idea of suggesting something, if you call this suggesting. If you can't handle my opinion, why bring this up in the first place? I think I have the right to say something if ppl are attacking me like this.

Oh and btw.. the difference between me and all of you: you also do stuff that I don't like, but I NEVER beat you up about it in public. I always send email and ASK first. Maybe that should change too..

This is really getting out of hand and a little bit too much drama for my liking...

First off - this is a forum, people are perfectly entitled to share their opinions... and that goes for everyone - and im sure from reading this time and time again, NO-ONE has been attacked...

Make no mistake about it - this could have been ANY admin Mrs, but i really do think you need to calm down and look at this subjectively, every single one of us racing in the league would like to thank all admins for the time and the effort they put into the league... it is very much appreciated.

I think we should wait for the results of the poll and discuss what the outcome is.
Quote from f1r3b4ll :First off - this is a forum, people are perfectly entitled to share their opinions... and that goes for everyone

My point exactly.

Quote from f1r3b4ll :Make no mistake about it - this could have been ANY admin Mrs

But it wasn't ANY admin, I made the decision. I would do it again tho. I've been helping you all for 3 years and no one ever had a problem with it until now.

Quote from f1r3b4ll :but i really do think you need to calm down and look at this subjectively, every single one of us racing in the league would like to thank all admins for the time and the effort they put into the league... it is very much appreciated.

I AM calm.

What a way to show appreciation.. Please stop.
This has been a normal procedure in OLFSL since the beginning. No one hasn't complained about it earlier, why? Now that it's brought up it's suddenly the end of the world as we know it?.. Come on.

I 100% agree with Mrs's decision - it's the way things are done in OLFSL. Or at least has been from the start.

Just go to poll and vote

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=9064
This thread is closed

Event 3, Fern Bay Green & TBO
(49 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG