The online racing simulator
#1 - ergin
Event 3 Fern Bay Green Track <the server crash>
hi just try to understand what will happen now after the big lag?
crash?...what server....I cant get into 8 with the pw and the site seems to be down
Like Solar said, the Staff will decide what to do. We can't race pool 3 again today anyway so it's not like we have to make a decision now. We'll talk about it after the races, and we'll let you know soon.
Quote from KSheppard :crash?...what server....I cant get into 8 with the pw and the site seems to be down

The site died yes, but 8 is not open yet. I'm hosting it.. I have to put the passwords here first.
tanks...was a bit worried, but all better now!
#6 - bozo
I can't get into www.lfs-league.net . Could you please advise details about pool 6 - time of race and password?

Looking at LFSWorld, it looks like the OLFSL servers are rather quiet, so I am guessing there is a general problem here?
Quote from bozo :I can't get into www.lfs-league.net . Could you please advise details about pool 6 - time of race and password?

Ours is www.lfs-league.com..

Quote from bozo : Looking at LFSWorld, it looks like the OLFSL servers are rather quiet, so I am guessing there is a general problem here?

We have a break atm, all servers should be working fine.
#8 - bozo
oops - mis-typed that one

Got all the details now. Many thanks for correcting me .
For reference, the Pool 3 server did not crash, since 2 cars (including mine) continued racing, and I think the host also stayed connected.

The staff will discuss internally what to do about this case.

I will be proposing (against my own interests) that we count the results from the time of the mass lagout, but this will ultimately be decided by the OLFSL staff.

Solar Hydro
Quote from Solar Hydro :For reference, the Pool 3 server did not crash, since 2 cars (including mine) continued racing, and I think the host also stayed connected.

Yup, I stayed, but 11 racers disconnected.
Quote from Solar Hydro :I will be proposing (against my own interests) that we count the results from the time of the mass lagout

:iagree:
Quote from Solar Hydro :

I will be proposing (against my own interests) that we count the results from the time of the mass lagout, but this will ultimately be decided by the OLFSL staff.

What he said
Results for pool3 (cut from lap 18) on the site.
So is there now a rule added, saying at what stage a race should count and what do to with a giant disconnect in lap #..

There was a lot of discussion when this happend while a race was still going on and i think it would be better to have something on paper, or maybe u allrdy have?
No rule was added, and perhaps it's better for the OLFSL staff to maintain some leeway to come up with a decision that relates to the specific circumstances of the occurrence.

Solar Hydro

Event 3 Fern Bay Green Track <the server crash>
(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG