The online racing simulator
Round 11 - KY2R - Post Race Chat
A bit boring race...but I did see a good close battle t the end of the race. You all wasted a lot of time fighting since none of you cathed me after your pitstops..
Did get my laptimes to decent(for me) level, but i didnt get into full race mode.....wife, kids, phone, wifes phone... you name it. I had more than one big off on that account

To bad one good racer didn't make it to the podium, but who's to blame for that???
That was 1 boring qual, followed by 55 boring laps and a flat tire while being half a lap in front at the first split. Rest is not worth to mention.

Stats?
Exiting the chicane at the end of lap 15 I fancied a cigarette, while looking for my lighter I knocked my tower and my dodgy internet lead came loose - Game over.

Judging by the times on LFSW it looked like another great race for the front few, any chance of the replay?
Wow. That was an awesome race. Definately one of the best (if not THE best) I ever had in LFS.

Somehow I managed to join the server just before qualy (I thought I had at least 1 hour left) so I asked for a set, drove my first ever laps on this combo... and qualified last, 4 seconds slower then Three Jump. Even after I removed franky's ballast I wasn't really up to speed.

Well, I thought to myself, just 6 guys in the race and noone is as slow as I am... I just have to make sure I don't flip, blow a tyre or fall asleep to get some points... but that'll be a boring race. Well, as it turned out, I was wrong.
First few laps were indeed not very eventful, managed to gain 2 positions at the start. Three Jump started dissappearing into the distance and I lost time to the ATC guys. I guess Cropsy and Tumz were fighting for a positions, because I gained time on them. At least had a bit of time to search for the right lines.

In lap 7 or 8 Franky made an error in the double right in the last sector allowing me to pass him, but he regained that position quite quickly. After that I followed the two ATC guys for what felt like eternity... must have been 15-20 laps (which would be more then 30 to 40 minutes), all three of us staying within 1 or 2 seconds.

In Lap 31 and 32 dadge and franky pitted while still had 20% of fuel left. Thought if I push hard enough I could gain enough time to leave the pits infront of them... then again, I didn't want to risk blowing a tyre (cause I'm hard on tyres anyways)... even on my inlap I wasn't sure if I should change tyres or not. But then I thought the race was that close and fun so far, wouldn't it be boring to be in 4th position in the last 20 laps with noone around me? So I decided to "change tyres if wear >65%", since I already did 66% of the race and just let LFS decide if I should change tyres. It turned out LFS didn't want me to change tyres.

Oh, and one thing. Normally I do a few test-inlaps after qualy to make sure where to break and where the white line starts / ends (no 20 seconds penalties as of yet ), but since I joined just before qualy began I opted for going to the toilet instead of practicing that... because of that I lost quite some time. Pit entry was meh (braked way too early, even had to accelerate in the pits) and while I could see the pit entry in the laps gone by I wasn't too sure about the pit exit since I was already focusing on braking / turning for T1. So I wasn't quite sure where that damn line was. Lost quite some time on pit exit because I was checking my mirrors for the ATC guys and overshot the corner.
But at least I managed to enter the track infront of them... just. I think dadge got me on that very lap.

And then the real fun began. Franky, Dadge and I were fighting for what was then 3rd (but should be 2nd because Tumz had yet to pit) place.
Especially the last 10 laps or were great. Almost every lap I passed someone or got passed, 2-wides through 3 or 4 consecuitve corners, hard but fair fights, some paint trading, slipstreaming... just great racing.

I lost some time in the double right handers, but I didn't want to stress my tyres that much and I saw some scary moments of ATC guys so I didn't want to push my luck. I also never got T2 quite right, but on the other hand I guess I had at least 10 passes into T1 where I took a slightly tighter line then the ATCs. Anyway.... as I said, those 20 laps or so were huge fun.

In the meantime, Three Jump still was miles ahead and lapping around 1 second faster then me so when I saw that he had a drive through I thought he pitted and since he was bored he got himself a DT just for the laughs... he still would have led i guess. But after about 1 lap I glimpsed at the positions indicator, and to my surprise I was 2nd, not 3rd... indeed, Three Jump was behind us. Wait a second, that means with just a few laps to go, I was battling for the win, right? Boy, those last laps were intense, frustrating, great... just everything. Dadge overtook me while drifting over the curbs (I was really taken aback when I saw you appearing in front of me in full lock... as a matter of fact I was that stunned I rear ended you... my only serious contact in the race I think).

Anyway, I was 0.01 seconds behind dadge when we went on our last lap, and I guess it was pure luck it was me leading when we finished that lap. Could have easily been franky or dadge.
I wouldn't have minded racing for 10 or 20 more laps, it was that much fun. Well, after the race I noticed I was dead tired, I went to bed minutes after the race, I was that exausted... but happy.
#6 - dadge
Quote from Gerdoner :Wow. That was an awesome race. Definately one of the best (if not THE best) I ever had in LFS.

Somehow I managed to join the server just before qualy (I thought I had at least 1 hour left) so I asked for a set, drove my first ever laps on this combo... and qualified last, 4 seconds slower then Three Jump. Even after I removed franky's ballast I wasn't really up to speed.

Well, I thought to myself, just 6 guys in the race and noone is as slow as I am... I just have to make sure I don't flip, blow a tyre or fall asleep to get some points... but that'll be a boring race. Well, as it turned out, I was wrong.
First few laps were indeed not very eventful, managed to gain 2 positions at the start. Three Jump started dissappearing into the distance and I lost time to the ATC guys. I guess Cropsy and Tumz were fighting for a positions, because I gained time on them. At least had a bit of time to search for the right lines.

In lap 7 or 8 Franky made an error in the double right in the last sector allowing me to pass him, but he regained that position quite quickly. After that I followed the two ATC guys for what felt like eternity... must have been 15-20 laps (which would be more then 30 to 40 minutes), all three of us staying within 1 or 2 seconds.

In Lap 31 and 32 dadge and franky pitted while still had 20% of fuel left. Thought if I push hard enough I could gain enough time to leave the pits infront of them... then again, I didn't want to risk blowing a tyre (cause I'm hard on tyres anyways)... even on my inlap I wasn't sure if I should change tyres or not. But then I thought the race was that close and fun so far, wouldn't it be boring to be in 4th position in the last 20 laps with noone around me? So I decided to "change tyres if wear >65%", since I already did 66% of the race and just let LFS decide if I should change tyres. It turned out LFS didn't want me to change tyres.

Oh, and one thing. Normally I do a few test-inlaps after qualy to make sure where to break and where the white line starts / ends (no 20 seconds penalties as of yet ), but since I joined just before qualy began I opted for going to the toilet instead of practicing that... because of that I lost quite some time. Pit entry was meh (braked way too early, even had to accelerate in the pits) and while I could see the pit entry in the laps gone by I wasn't too sure about the pit exit since I was already focusing on braking / turning for T1. So I wasn't quite sure where that damn line was. Lost quite some time on pit exit because I was checking my mirrors for the ATC guys and overshot the corner.
But at least I managed to enter the track infront of them... just. I think dadge got me on that very lap.

And then the real fun began. Franky, Dadge and I were fighting for what was then 3rd (but should be 2nd because Tumz had yet to pit) place.
Especially the last 10 laps or were great. Almost every lap I passed someone or got passed, 2-wides through 3 or 4 consecuitve corners, hard but fair fights, some paint trading, slipstreaming... just great racing.

I lost some time in the double right handers, but I didn't want to stress my tyres that much and I saw some scary moments of ATC guys so I didn't want to push my luck. I also never got T2 quite right, but on the other hand I guess I had at least 10 passes into T1 where I took a slightly tighter line then the ATCs. Anyway.... as I said, those 20 laps or so were huge fun.

In the meantime, Three Jump still was miles ahead and lapping around 1 second faster then me so when I saw that he had a drive through I thought he pitted and since he was bored he got himself a DT just for the laughs... he still would have led i guess. But after about 1 lap I glimpsed at the positions indicator, and to my surprise I was 2nd, not 3rd... indeed, Three Jump was behind us. Wait a second, that means with just a few laps to go, I was battling for the win, right? Boy, those last laps were intense, frustrating, great... just everything. Dadge overtook me while drifting over the curbs (I was really taken aback when I saw you appearing in front of me in full lock... as a matter of fact I was that stunned I rear ended you... my only serious contact in the race I think).

Anyway, I was 0.01 seconds behind dadge when we went on our last lap, and I guess it was pure luck it was me leading when we finished that lap. Could have easily been franky or dadge.
I wouldn't have minded racing for 10 or 20 more laps, it was that much fun. Well, after the race I noticed I was dead tired, I went to bed minutes after the race, I was that exausted... but happy.

for sure it was epic.
i started the session slightly different than usual. i let my ai do the final drive testing i needed to get the most out of my car with the 36kg ballast i was carrying. so with that done, i was set for an hours practice before qually.
i was confident i would be competetive on this track (one of my favs in either direction) so it was a matter of getting used to the extra weight and i was good to go.
i qualified in 3rd just behind franky. a few laps into the race i was catching franky so i said to him on teamspeak "Franky, i am faster than you. did you understand my last transmittion?" franky laughed and i was able to make the pass. the llaps leading up to the pitstops were prety much standard for me. i could see franky and Gerdoner slowly catch up with me (wasn't sure if i was slow or they were fast). on lap 31 i pitted. my tyre strategy was "change if 51% worn" so only my rear left was replaced. oh, and i missed my pitbox which cost me a few seconds.
franky pitted the next lap and came out infront of me. i got the finger out and cought him up again. the hairpin at the start of the last sector was my strongest corner. i was able to brake really late into it and make up at least 0.50 on some laps.
going into the last dozen laps or so, it really started getting interesting. and on lap 55 all 3 of us went into the hairpin (more or less) 3 wide. Gerdoner, i didn't mean to go sideways but the old worn rear right had more or less give up the chase so it was all i had left lol. i felt the rear of the car come out and try to pass me but full lock right kept my front wheels pointing in the right direction. i was really surprised i managed to drive out of that corner with all 4 tyres inflated. a lap or two later i saw franky do a Schumacher on Gerdoner and nearly put him into the pit wall.
it was a great race for me. the other round when we race ky2 was just as epic but with more drivers.
for me, that was the only down side to sundays race. the lack of drivers who have missed such a great opertunity to have a stunning race. but there ya go, you can't win em all.
congrats to Gerdoner. it was a real pleasure racing against you buddy. if i had of known we would be finishing so close, we could of just had a drag race
fantastic stuff when you compare the average lap times:

Average lap
P Racer Time
1 [SR] Gerdoner 2:17.90
2 ATC Dadge 2:17.91
3 ATC Franky500 2:17.91

Round 11 - KY2R - Post Race Chat
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG