The online racing simulator
SSL Round 8 Schrödinger's Track (well, almost)
Schrödinger's Track: Fern Bay Green with pik_d Insane Chicane
Date: June 20th, 2010

Time:
  • 2000 UTC - 20 minute open qualifying
  • 2030 UTC - 14 lap sprint race
  • 2100 UTC - 27 lap feature race w/ pit stop
The 8th and final round is upon us, and our inaugural champion has already been crowned.
The battle for the remainder of the top five spots is stll up for grabs, as a few have missed rounds, and others are poised to make a sizable jump.

It has been quite an enjoyable season, with some highly intense and sometimes controversial racing.

We at Something Awful Racing would like to thank all of those who participated, an invite you back for any future endeavors which may be planned by us.

Cheers!
Exam tomorrow, not sure if I'll be able to take part.

Very nice season, had a lot of fun, and the field was generally clean, which is quite amazing for a STD league Shame about the high interrest drops during the season though, it's always a shame to start with like 22 people at round 1 to finish with 9 in the end.
How much are we allowed to shave off the layout? I'm thinking the red and green sticks are ok
For qualifying, clipping of the red and green posts in the added chicane are the limit.

Any displacement of any tires or bales will result in the qualifying lap being invalid.

Any unnecessary or repeated displacement of objects during races can result in a DT, worse for multiple offenses.
I'm sorry I didn't make the race last night. I was practicing and almost falling asleep and definately struggling to concentrate so I took the decision that it would be safer if I didn't race. I had a busy weekend burning the candle at both ends.

It was a shame as I'd managed to make it to every race but this and enjoyed every one of them. (well AS7 was not a good round for me but I'll forget about that one).

I'd like to personally thank all members of Something Awful for the organisation, admining and great racing. I had a good race for a few laps with Randy at SO Long and Spencer at AS North. This was my first LFS league participation and it won't be my last.

Looking forward to season 2.
Sad to see a lot of cutting of the final corners from some drivers.

Other than that the event was fun if a bit quiet for me, I got into a gap with nobody nearby quite early on in both races so was just a case of cruising to the finish and seeing how many green poles I could kill.

Thanks to team SA, havoc etc for organising the season very impressively, especially as a first effort. I'll definitely keep an eye out for the next one you put together.
Thanks to sa for organising this, and to the other admins who gave their time.
Was generally very good racing, with relatively few annoyances, and I enjoyed taking part.
Any news on the final standings?
-
(turbofreak) DELETED by turbofreak
#9 - pik_d

SSL Round 8 Schrödinger's Track (well, almost)
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG