The online racing simulator
SSL Round 7 Mini Aston Bash
Mini Aston BashTrack: South City Town Reversed (SO5R)
Date: June 13th, 2010
Time:
  • 2000 UTC - 20 minute open qualifying
  • 2030 UTC - 15 lap sprint race
  • 2100 UTC - 30 lap feature race w/ pit stop
10 laps from the end of the feature race and my wife knocks the router, disconnecting me from the internet! Most annoying
Dam unlucky again menantoll...
I don't seem to be able to have a round without being taken out, having a noob moment (not enough fuel, speeding in pits) or some external influence!

At least I still turn up though, unlike many that appear to not be bothered now that they can't win. (a massive assumption, I know, but what else could it be?) Is this a common occurance in leagues? This is my first.
Quote from menantoll :
At least I still turn up though, unlike many that appear to not be bothered now that they can't win. (a massive assumption, I know, but what else could it be?) Is this a common occurance in leagues? This is my first.

Yes, this is, unfortunately. Especially when there's more than 5-6 rounds. Perhaps it gets even worse with the SSL, as it ends in June, a period when a lot of youngsters have exams(or get on holidays for the lucky ones), so they have more important things in their mind
Oh well only 1 round left.

Gonna have to practice that new chicane at fe green. (assuming it stays there)
Unlucky mena, I think you should still score some points at least.

Anybody want to tell me how to try out the FE2 layout?
Quote from menantoll :

A massive assumption indeed. I'm sure if you think even for a second you can come up with a couple of good reasons. In my case, "the better thing to do" was drive my daughter to an event every Sunday evening.
I admire the intestinal fortitude it takes to stick out a fairly long season with little chance for success. I don't think you need to insult the guys who don't have that same quality (and make no mistake, it is insulting). I entered the league in good faith, and I while I don't feel good about missing the last few races, neither do I feel particularly bad.
Quote from JayEyeBee :A massive assumption indeed. I'm sure if you think even for a second you can come up with a couple of good reasons. In my case, "the better thing to do" was drive my daughter to an event every Sunday evening.
I admire the intestinal fortitude it takes to stick out a fairly long season with little chance for success. I don't think you need to insult the guys who don't have that same quality (and make no mistake, it is insulting). I entered the league in good faith, and I while I don't feel good about missing the last few races, neither do I feel particularly bad.

i think he was referring to our beloved K. O'Keefe and his usual behavior in round 7.

And Richard, the layout for FE2 is on the server....
Quote from JayEyeBee :A massive assumption indeed. I'm sure if you think even for a second you can come up with a couple of good reasons. In my case, "the better thing to do" was drive my daughter to an event every Sunday evening.

Don't take what I say personally mate. I know that can't be the reason for everyone (massive assumption and all that). I know some would love to be able to turn up no matter what their chances but you have to admit it does appear that way for a number of the others that just don't bother any more.
Yes, it's common for the faster people to vanish towards the end of a championship in my experience too. Good thing I was never racing to win hehe.

Thanks Havoc, looks like the admins are going to have a busy day replacing the posts on that chicane.
Quote from menantoll :I don't seem to be able to have a round without being taken out, having a noob moment (not enough fuel, speeding in pits) or some external influence!

Well even I missed Round 6, but I think moving is a pretty good reason to miss an online race. Magnus also has missed some races, but that's because he has RC races in real live every few weeks.

Not everyone "cant be bothered", though there are those that do treat it like that. As Yann pointed out maybe we picked a bad time for SSL to end, but with the schedule we wanted it just worked out this way.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG