The online racing simulator
Quote from AMB :I added way too much fuel and was failing anyway... lol 49.2 my fastest baha...

Mr Beattie, did you underestimate the weight of the car with all that fuel in? Our driver reported several butt bumps in the SC Phase and after that You ruined the looks of our lovely car

For the future: Please give at least a few meters space in the SC phase....no need to push hard there.
#28 - AMB
Quote from Commander :Mr Beattie, did you underestimate the weight of the car with all that fuel in? Our driver reported several butt bumps in the SC Phase and after that You ruined the looks of our lovely car

For the future: Please give at least a few meters space in the SC phase....no need to push hard there.

I can't remember hitting you in the SC phase, maybe at the restart but that was maybe once a tap under breaking

anyway sorry :P but send me the bill for the new bodywork
He counted 21 i guess. You will pay for that your lifetime
#30 - AMB
Quote from baSh0r :He counted 21 i guess. You will pay for that your lifetime

Hmm 21?

Guarantee it wasn't over 5 times :P maybe about 3 times little taps :P

But I didn't mean it of course hehe.
no problem was jokingly =)
#32 - AMB
Quote from baSh0r :no problem was jokingly =)

Aha well anyway I doubt i'll be racing again it was just a one off
#33 - CSF
Quote from AMB :Aha well anyway I doubt i'll be racing again it was just a one off

I dunno I personally would rather drop Mr Simon"I am going to drive like Alain Prost without the speed and not try to overtake anyone, but let everyone else through because that is what Alain Prost would do and I will do a 49.8 fastest lap" Cattell. :faint:
Quote from phoenixIlooka :The race was really fun for us, but in the end the tracker showed us in 6th and TDRT in 5th even though it was shown in the stream that we held our position 5 until the end of the race

The tracker will do this sometimes, if the gap between two cars is very small. The admins will look at it and assign the correct spot, I'm sure.
Actually, in situations where the laps and race time are the same, the tracker should put the team with the first "LAP" entry in the database ahead, in this case Team unified. It looks for each teams total laps - 1 to find these database entries, but since it was a 2 part race there was never a (130 - 1) lap to look for in the database so it didn't order correctly
Just an FYI, the results will not be confirmed until some time next week. I have a lot to do between now and monday.
BTW, did Team unified (#28) get a penalty for overtaking before the line on the initial race start?
what?
Quote from JPeace :And you overtook before green flag was shown. iirc

On the initial race start? for me, GF is shown before last turn and i am still the last car! ?!
Rules say you can't make a pass before the line on race start and race restart. It's both combined in one section..

Quote :G . RACE RE/START CONDUCT

1) Races are re/started behind a safety car (hereafter SC), driven at roughly 100kph (62mph), in
single file. All drivers must leave a comfortable gap (we recommend at least 3 car lengths) to the
car ahead during the re/start lap, and must drive respectfully and with control.

- 1.1) In the event that the field is unevenly spaced as it approaches the green flag, the
marshals may instruct drivers to close up to or back off from the car ahead, or in extreme
cases may decide to wave off the re/start. In this case the field will complete another lap
behind the SC before taking the green.

2) When the SC enters the final sector, it will quickly accelerate away from the field and enter the
pit lane. At this point the lead car should maintain the speed the SC had set before accelerating
for the pit lane. Once the SC has reached pit lane the green flag will be shown indicating that the
lead car may return to full race pace when they choose to. Once the leader has returned to full
race speed they must not then slow back down again other than for natural braking points.

- 2.1) Drivers may overtake as they have crossed the start/finish line as indicated by the
green posts but not before this point. This includes any lapped cars as well as racing for position.

I can't see a rule saying this is applied only for race restarts. And BTW, my teammate said he was told by admins that it is allowed to pass on green on the race start, but then I don't get it...
Quote from JPeace :chill mate.

what do you want?
you say i overtook before green, what is wrong.
I just want to know why you say that.

chill yourself
I just hate when people speak before they think and assume things.

BTW: I don't get why it is done other way than in GTAL, because there is a difference between start and restart. In KY2 there was an overtaking before s/f, too.
You can't overtake before the S/F line regardless of whether or not the track is green. The track goes green when the lead car crosses over the start finish line, this is more of a formality.
Will it be penalised then?
honestly, i think, if i hadn't overtaken him there, i would have done in the next turn after..
the guy infront of me made a mistake in the last turn before s/f and I just drove left side of him..
I also could lift the throttle a little bit and would pass him anyway in the next turns..

In my opinion not the big deal..

finally, I am sorry for not knowing the exact rule for start procedure, it will not happen again
Quote from JPeace :Then wait until after the line, as per the rules, and pass him then if you knew you could have.

Like I said, I thought overtaking would be allowed at green flag, not s/f-line..
If i knew, i would have lifted the throttle a bit..

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG