SSL Round 3: Blackwood Brawl
Blackwood Brawl
Track: Blackwood GP Reverse (BL1R)
Date: May 2, 2010
Time:
  • 2000 UTC - 20 minute open qualifying
  • 2030 UTC - 13 lap sprint race
  • 2100 UTC - 26 lap feature race w/ pit stop
New Rule: If Phil wins he has to drift his in lap. This is not a real rule.
/fp

Should be fun.
Damn! I though I missed BL last week.
I must say that I have been very dissapointed with the behaviour of some during this league so far. This is my first league and throughout the forums I always read "if you want the fairest, cleanest racing then join a league". I guess some of the racers didn't get that memo.
Quote from menantoll :I must say that I have been very dissapointed with the behaviour of some during this league so far. This is my first league and throughout the forums I always read "if you want the fairest, cleanest racing then join a league". I guess some of the racers didn't get that memo.

Protest
But I can only protest stuff that includes myself or a team mate.

I was actually hoping to spark off a discussion about the behaviour during this league, not specifically wanting to individuals to be penalised. Although the one protest I did make, which was rejected on a technicality, was appalling behaviour in my opinion. It is behaviour I would not expect on a pick up server let alone in a league.
#7 - CSF
While I am not surprised that you feel like that, I don't believe anyone in this league would deliberately wreck another competitor.
I don't believe that what I protested was deliberate either. However, keeping a foot on the throttle AFTER initial contact and not removing it for the entire duration does show a complete lack of respect for the other driver.

Anyway that is just ONE incident and I didn't mean this discussion to be about just that. I have witnessed many minor incidents of selfish behaviour. Many of them minor enough to make me look like a nitpicker if I were to protest them.

I also would like to think that the rule "All drivers shall act in a sporting manner." also covers insulting other drivers in the chat. Especially using four letter words which are on most pick up server's swear filters.

Can I just add that my words here are NOT a complaint against the admins of this league. It has been mentioned in briefings and there have been penalties handed out. I am just hoping for a discussion from people with their opinions, nothing more.
Agreed. Sadly, I think you're being too optimistic though.
No one can deny this was one of the rougher races, but don't be turned away from it because of that. Each race has its ups and downs, this one seemed to have more downs sadly. And this one wasn't near as bad as the crap that goes on in iTCC for example.

But anyways, yes this race was rough (ironic with "brawl" in the thread title) but don't be discouraged. I myself was a bit pushy, but that was after being pushed off quite a few times.

SSL Round 3: Blackwood Brawl
(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG