The online racing simulator
Quote from obsolum :Don't you think you may be slightly exaggerating here? ~3000 people killed vs. 132 people killed...

Some differences there: we know about 90 peolpe on the flight list and probably 2 or 3 that didnt go on that plane. Reuters, Euronews and Novosti say about 132 people.
Quote :
@AndRand, that's why I thought this was a bit "fishy" as well but it's no good speculating about this kind of stuff. It may very well have been "just" a plane crash and if there was more to it we probably will never know for sure

No - I am not speculating. I just show how we perceive that loss.
Quote from obsolum :Don't you think you may be slightly exaggerating here? ~3000 people killed vs. 132 people killed...

132 VIPs, including the most important - president.
And 9/11 wasn't an accident.
Quote from Amynue :132 VIPs, including the most important - president.

I understand they were all very important people but still... ~3000 vs. 132? I also understand that for you this is a lot worse than 9/11 as it's much closer to where you live. I'm just sayin'... most Americans will probably not agree with your statement

Quote from Amynue :
And 9/11 wasn't an accident.

That doesn't make it any less tragic. If anything it makes it more tragic.
Quote from obsolum :I understand they were all very important people but still... ~3000 vs. 132? I also understand that for you this is a lot worse than 9/11 as it's much closer to where you live. I'm just sayin'... most Americans will probably not agree with your statement

I dont think we should compare it with 9/11. But to show you all non-Poles our perception I posted historical example we had.
9/11 was disaster for USA, this is disaster for Poland.
Quote from Amynue :132 VIPs, including the most important - president.

Does it really matter if they were VIPs or just "normal" citizens?

A dead person is a dead person and is always sad.
Quote from zeugnimod :Does it really matter if they were VIPs or just "normal" citizens?

Yes it does, if I died tomorrow noone would notice it and it would mean nothing to my country, but if I was a president and died with other important persons it would mean a lot of consequences...

edit/ I just re-read it and to avoid misunderstandings, it was mean in general. Didn't read previous posts, my bad. Of course in this concrete situation I agree that everyone's death is sad.
#33 - w126
Quote from obsolum :I understand they were all very important people but still... ~3000 vs. 132?

You are definitely right. In this tragic situation it is really sad that in the lists of victims published by many Polish sites they only mention VIPs and neglect pilots, flight attendants, bodyguards etc.
Quote from zeugnimod :No, you should not post at all...

If you can't stop posting in threads you don't care about maybe the mods could help you. :thumbsdow

Quoted for the truth.

I have just read the article on it sad indeed just 132 people gone in one blow gosh...
Bad news. Rip
Quote from JPeace :Unless your Klutch that is ...

What has Russia said on this? Does anyone know? Because after all the Plane did crash in their land.

nothing new. "russian criminologists will support and assist polish investigative"
Quote from Mysho :Yes it does, if I died tomorrow noone would notice it and it would mean nothing to my country, but if I was a president and died with other important persons it would mean a lot of consequences...

President, several representatives, chairmans of several institutions (ie. central bank), 4 commanders of 4 types of armed forces, many politicians - effects are like inverted coup d'etat - most of them were opposition. That means unexpected changes...
-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48
#38 - Osco
Quote from franky500 :If you do not care, you do not post.

If you see a hearse driving down the road with a coffin in it, do you:

a: Point and shout rather loudly "Owned".
b: Not care and therefore just keep walking (normal people do this).
c: Show some respect (normal people do this too!)

Alot of people died in the crash, so my condolences go out to them. RIP.

and yet you hand out an infraction to a guy with a perfectly normal reaction
does this mean the word prick is considered inappropriate?
Quote from JPeace :I think thats it's injust that the word "prick" is considered more offensive than krutch saying "owned" at many people dying in a plane crash.

It isn't.

If you click on the red cards you will see that Klutch got a 3 point infraction (which means a 1 week ban, AFAIK) and gacek received 1 point (which doesn't mean anything now; only when he gets more infractions).

I still think Klutch should be banned permanently for all the trolling crap he usually posts, though.
Sad, very sad indeed. A real tragedy. RIP.

Bitter irony - They were flying to mark the 70th anniversary of the Katyn massacre of thousands of Poles by Soviet forces during WW2.
here we go again with mods need to do this, that and other again.

We would do it, but when we do we get nothing but crap from half of the forum. its just not worth the hastle, because once that happens you then either have to back down or start banning half the forums active users.

Anyhow, the Gacek1 infraction has been reversed (although as zeug has said, it only acts as a warning on level 1).

Krutch's infraction is Level 3 and is set to no-posts for 1 week. im sure the next infraction will simply be a ban.
Wow, when I saw this on the news I was shocked. To lose that many government leaders in one incident is scary. My sympathies go out to the polish people because this will cause an uncertain future for weeks, if not months. The uncertainty is, who will take the place of the ones lost, and what will it mean for your country. Again, my sympathies to anyone who lost a loved one in this tragedy.

PS; It was great to see the unity of the polish people at the memorials setup throughout the country. Proves that we are all humans and, no matter what our differences, in times of turmoil we all care.
Quote from gacek1 :You're wrong imo.

No, you're wrong, it is so for Poland. If you were American, there would be no bigger disasters than 9/11. If Lithuanian plane with government crashed it also would be more important than 9/11 FOR ME.
Truelly well spoken JPeace, couldn't agree more.

I hope they manage to sort this crisis out, having most of the people in the current ruling government out, it got to be hard getting everything back on track. Of course there are allways plans if something like this should happen, but no one would ever dreamed about it to happend.
My condolonces..

If i understood, this very same government is responsible for better life in Polland, getting into EU etc, it's such a shame, if only MY government was in that plane instead.
A pic.

/me runs.
Might be fun at a later point, but this early it's just showing how immature some people are
Quote from The Very End :Might be fun at a later point, but this early it's just showing how immature some people are

It's from 4chan. You cannot be surprised.

Polish president died in plane crash at Smolensk
(129 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG