The online racing simulator
Event 3, Fern Bay Green & TBO
Oh well, thought I might as well start it .

As I haven't really driven this combo (not even in S1, I think), I sure need a lot of practice. First I'll have to do some testing to find out which car suits me best. Next stept I can actually start to get faster (1.21.xx so far with the XRT). And watch the chicane after start/finish please. Neither of the cars is a cat, you know .
Attached images
whattoexpect.jpg
yeah i was doing the track in the XRT its nice, i'm slow (1:25's) but that chicane is going to cause a few pileups and alot of tears lol. :S
It's going to be interesting
I'm very excited to the next race!

I think it's going to be interesting to see what different cars make of the starting field. I hope it's not going to cause any problems, because of different braking points or lines.

In the last Race I was 2nd in pool 4 and it's my first season so i'm looking forward to the next race and I will be prepared well.

So Have Fun and be careful :-)

Greetz nRcToretto
yeah i've had a few run in's in the first two corners... lets hope everybody keeps their head and doesn't cause too many crashes lol
Well, couldn't keep the "break" up and had to take a test These cars feel like 16 ton rocks with tires and propulsion. Driving is nothing but counter-steering and spinning :P

It was fun to brake in the previous events, 'cause then I just could slam the pedal without fear of locking wheels. Now then...
remember that it is not allowed to go to pit with Shift-S nor reset the car... that means, 1 error on the chicane = end of race
Good Luck!
I've always done well On this Car/Track Combo...This is a Track I love to Drive by the Rules.

Cutting a Corner to win is like ....stiffing a waitress.....we all do it, then we think better of it.

1:19:10 FXO......but I may drive an OLD Bikes RB4 I found.
I'm gonna suck anyways, so I decided to go with RB4 Higher pools and more points would be nice of course, but it's just such a shame if the grid is filled with just one type of car...
Maybe we should create a special rule that every FXO racer must pit once
Quote from varjsa-9 :Maybe we should create a special rule that every FXO racer must pit once

Even that I think that is a joke, I second that.
I know the winner of the next race will be someone who drives FXO.
Yet knowing that fact, I´ll stick with my GTT.
And I´m afraid that maybe pool3 will be reality with this car, at least there is no changes to get up to pool1.
This will be my first race in the OLFSL, and i'm really looking forward to it.... Pitty I did not join the league from start Havent driven this combo before though, so I need some practise. Havent made up my mind yet about what car i'll drive, the FXO is fast, but eats tyres

Looking forward to some nice racing!
This is what happens if you drive FXO
If you drive to fast in the FXO on last corner, be prepared for this!
Attached images
fxosmash.JPG
I'm really looking forward to the next Event because this will be my first race in the OLFSL :-) But i'm not sure yet which car i'll drive
This event will be first serious race i think.

UF1 race (i missed). Very slow car, very short track with only 1-2 corners. Walls could make damage but speeds were low. Warming-up race i guess.

2-nd race were very very good known. It is first combo of every LFS racer.

I mean, there were prpblems to win (like always), but there were not any surprises. Good known tracks and cars, low powers, low speeds. But now! There is very unstable track with high cerbs and turbo cars. FXO choosers will have good times and tyre problems. XRT pretty fast too, but demand rwd driving skills. RB4 very stable for jumps and grass driving but too heavy and some ambiquous like all 4wd.

1 problem, for starting in P1 (i mean, as high as possible) we need to drive FXO. But choise for race not so unambiguously... Good luck!
Quote from Jonesy_ :Even that I think that is a joke, I second that.

I'll even third that too.

Overall it was a bad choice to use car classes for the races, because the classes in lfs are really unbalanced at the moment. If you want to drive top times, then in the gtr class it's fzr, and tbo = fxo. And the race calendar has both of those classes.. On the other hand, the gti/gt is quite good at the moment, and yet that class wasn't used this time. The LRF class is also pretty good, specially the fz50 and rac are quite equal, but I'll bet most will pick the lx6 cause it might be faster then the mentioned two. Which is really is sad - people might like a different car, but still choose the none-fun(faster) car. In this case fxo.

But yeah, it's easy to criticise afterwards, when things are already done. Maybe next time, the staff could do some more thinking about choosing classes or to use them at all. Just a friendly suggestion for the people in charge, but as for everthing else, the staff is doing a great job.

As for me, I love to drive the xrt atm, but the highest it can go, will be pool 3, maybe pool 2, like Jonesy said. Which is crap, cause Im gonna miss some races in the coming months, due to my moving. So I was hoping to get some good points in the races that I can participate. At the moment, Im not sure what to do, to go for pool3 with Jonesy in xrt or get some better points in pool 1 with the uber-train-like fxo. Or, just skip the whole event..
Go for FXO You newbie, FXO is a good car too anyway !
I hate this, but I decided to go with FXO... Just can't keep the other two on track for more than two laps. fxo forgives much more, which I find important in 30-lapper. Gonna suck anyways...

Oh, I also want to say to my team that I'm really sorry about the extensive overtimework I've put on the mechanics because all the cars I've thrashed while practising this combo... The banana shape from first chichane is pretty nice though...
Quote from MacEST :
Overall it was a bad choice to use car classes for the races, because the classes in lfs are really unbalanced at the moment. If you want to drive top times, then in the gtr class it's fzr, and tbo = fxo. And the race calendar has both of those classes.. On the other hand, the gti/gt is quite good at the moment, and yet that class wasn't used this time. The LRF class is also pretty good, specially the fz50 and rac are quite equal, but I'll bet most will pick the lx6 cause it might be faster then the mentioned two. Which is really is sad - people might like a different car, but still choose the none-fun(faster) car. In this case fxo.

I agree i every word u say, Mac. Its sad that the cars in the different classes arent more balanced. Lets just hope that the devs fix it until next update. Lets put some more power to the XRT and make LX cars more balanced towards their classes too. OPS ....little of topic..srry
// The Mask has left the building
Quote from MacEST :But yeah, it's easy to criticise afterwards, when things are already done. Maybe next time, the staff could do some more thinking about choosing classes or to use them at all. Just a friendly suggestion for the people in charge, but as for everthing else, the staff is doing a great job.

There is another thread for this, Track & car suggestions. You might want to put it there because that's the thread we'll be reading the next time we have to make a new Race Calendar.
Out on lap 1 in the 1st chicane

I thought I was through fine and then I was catapulting throught the air, guess I ran a little wide or something but I got through fine on the lag lap taking the same line (I thought I was anyway)
Pool 7
What can I say. Got knocked out and into last position, again. It must be me, 'cause I tend to get knocked out in every race. Drove steady laps and icreased right front suspension damage every two laps. Finally ate the first chichane too much and flipped. It happens.
#23 - Aahz
My first race ever was in pool 7.

We had some minor startup problems, but the race started without real delay and went very well for me. It seems that a lot of people either crashed or disconnected, because only six people out of thirteen actually made it to the finish line.

I had two accidents, one seemed to be lag related. On lap 4 or so, the guy in front of me spawned a little closer than I expected. I clipped him and went into a drift and ended up in the wall.

The next half of the race I did some overtaking and was able to pass someone who choose a one pitstop strategy.

Overtaking in general seemed to be extremely hard, as the cars are big and the track was rather narrow. But I guess that had a good side to it.

I also had one wipeout in lap 20 or so, but everyone was so spread out that it didn't matter much now.

End result: position 4!

A very good and satisfying race for me, looking forward to the next event!
Quote from Aahz :.. only six people out of thirteen actually made it to the finish line.

Pool 3 has that beat, only two out of fifteen made it to the finish.

Massive lag wipeout, our host counted 11 disconnections i think. (in one go).
Quote from filur :Massive lag wipeout, our host counted 11 disconnections i think. (in one go).

Yup.. you, Solar Hydro and me stayed, 11 ppl got disconnected.
This thread is closed

Event 3, Fern Bay Green & TBO
(49 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG