The online racing simulator
#1 - Danke
Race 6 discussion - City City Bang Bang
track: South City Long
laps: 2 races of 10 laps each
grids: race 1 random, race 2 reverse of the finishing order of race 1
server: S3 Racing Thinkin RBs
password: rust

Reminder 1: You must finish a race to score points in that race.
Reminder 2: There will be a "lag lap" immediately before the start of the first race.
Reminder 3: There is no telepitting and rejoining during the race.

Feel free to discuss pre- and post-race here, but keep it respectful. PM me for any protests.
#2 - Danke
Oddly like Westhill, I'm not having to baby my tires much at this track. Could it be that I'm figuring out how to drive these barges? I'm probably just not going fast enough. I did a 10 lap run averaging 1:56s and 1:57s. Please don't tell me I'm 2 seconds of the pace. :|
Quote from Danke :Please don't tell me I'm 2 seconds of the pace. :|

Ah, the steel walls of South City.

I haven't run any laps yet, so your are way ahead of the field.
My pb from running 10 laps on IHR weeks ago is a 1:54.2...
Now I know who to concentrate my dagger eyes on. :gnasher:
#6 - Danke
Quote from boothy :My pb from running 10 laps on IHR weeks ago is a 1:54.2...

Yup, 2 seconds off the pace...
Ok im not missing this one.
Im gonna fail as usual but i missed about three since i started so..........
#8 - Cabby
My pb from a quick 5 laps of practice last week was a 55.2.
Canada vs. Russia 7:30PM EST. Depending on how the game is going I may miss this one. No disrespect, but I am pulling for Russia. Ovechkin and Semin are my boys from the Caps.

Anyways in the 3 laps I have done so far my best is 2 minutes. Funny how much speed those walls can scrub off your car, not to mention the damage to the paint job.
Quote from Cabby :My pb from a quick 5 laps of practice last week was a 55.2.

I hope that's a 1:55.2 or we're all screwed.
Damn man, if it didn't have the 1 in front it would be a WR shattering time, by almost 1 min. Besides, you still might be screwed, I never touched the walls doing that, the rubber ducky track is one of my favorites.
KY250 praccy tonight, so i might not be done in time for this round....

Good luck to those that will....
Nice cut-n-paste.
I'm pretty sure there are pits here.
I just did some testing and I'm easily running 51.8s - are you guys on Quaaludes or something?

edit - that's 2:51.8 - nevermind
-
(jrd.racer) DELETED by jrd.racer
#16 - CSF
Grrrrrrr had a powercut, damn winter weather!
Epic T1 wind both times and interesting finale, not much I could do tucked up behind Havoc in the last corner there
That tailwind in race 1 into the bridge turn sure claimed a lot of victims. It took me half of the second race to even try that turn in 5th again.

The end of race 2 looked a lot like the BTCC. Whatever the opposite of a rusty screw is, T-Sho gets it. Please PM me for protests.
Quote from bdshan :Canada vs. Russia 7:30PM EST. Depending on how the game is going I may miss this one. No disrespect, but I am pulling for Russia. Ovechkin and Semin are my boys from the Caps.

Anyways in the 3 laps I have done so far my best is 2 minutes. Funny how much speed those walls can scrub off your car, not to mention the damage to the paint job.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

and the US barely made it
Quote from Danke :That tailwind in race 1 into the bridge turn sure claimed a lot of victims. It took me half of the second race to even try that turn in 5th again.

The end of race 2 looked a lot like the BTCC. Whatever the opposite of a rusty screw is, T-Sho gets it. Please PM me for protests.

PM, Schmee M. I didn't save the replay. Just look it over and do what you think is right.

At the end of race 2 I was severely handicapped by a dark brown right front so I positioned myself to have the inside line in the last corner. Assuming his car was in decent shape Havoc should have been able to set up to pass me. Instead he stuck on the outside and tried to run parallel to me. Might have worked on lap 2, no way on lap 10. Either way it's the slow way around and he probably wouldn't have been able to get it done. If I understand racing etiquette he should have yielded.

Race 1 was entirely my fault. I didn't consider the wind and took my usual line through the high speed left under the bridge. As soon as my car started to roll I hit SHIFT S but there was lag somewhere and it took a second before I spectated.

Sucks, could have used some points tonight.

What's up with the new guys? In my experience it's a bad idea to allow drivers to join a season in progress because they're not committed to the long term point outcome and are more likely to try risky maneuvers.
I was a bit disappointed that boothy decided to bump me to block me on the last lap there after his last turn incident. It was very obvious I had more than enough of a run on him to easily pass him before the line, but I won't really protest it much as I still managed to extend my lead for the series championship and pretty much have it all wrapped up at this point.
The idea of PMs is to avoid heated arguments that escalate into playground brawls in chat or the forums. But maybe we'll be able to keep it civil since most of us are older and wiser.

I'll send the last lap of race 2 off to the judge and see what he says.

As for the "new guys":
1) I agree that late-arrivers can be a problem, but so far nobody new has shown up and trashed the standard of racing, IMO. You don't have people showing up for just the last half of the season in F1, for example (oops, maybe USF1), but sim racing isn't the same level of commitment as that.
2) If we only had the guys we started round 1 with, we'd have a very small field. We'd have no incidents because there would only be 5 cars on the track.
3) The incidents mentioned above concern people who've been in the series for more than a few races.

And on the Cabby/Boothy block: I watched that a few times last night and I'm not convinced that Cabby had the momentum to pass before the line. On the other hand, I would have left more room than Boothy did and let things play out.

And finally, most importantly, the US should have walked over the Swiss hockey team yesterday. I'm a little concerned that they didn't. At least this year, they may not trash their hotel rooms if/when they lose.
WIND! changes everything.

Watching the race 1 replay, I believe I was the only car that didn't make contact with the outside wall in T1. I noticed the engine revs were WAY higher than during qualifying and dragged the brakes on the entrance. [sound of patting self on back... ]

I ran out of gas just as I crossed the finish in race 2.

I'd give the Rusty Screw to Gil. Leading the whole race except for the final straightaway, then finishing 5th, has gotta hurt.
I was moving so slow last night I didn't even notice the wind. Whats the big deal?
@ Gil: Last turn, last lap, possible first league race win.
My impression was it was obvoius you had a tire issue. Saw it for two laps, all the while watching my mirror for Boothy.
Going down the back straight it was obvious you were trying to keep me from getting any draft( in an RB4 lol), then proceeded to block the inside lane (as you should), so my racing experience taught me "an eye for an eye". If you can block, i can pinch.
There was absolutely NO intention for contact, but it happened. Not knowing for sure if i was to blame or not, i pulled off to the side as to at least give my spot back.
After viewing the replay, it seems I did leave just enough room, but on exit your front tires gave up on you and your car pushed out a bit (at least that what it looks like). And of course what should have been a harmless bump was exacerbated by lag, and you know the rest of the story.
I can say that I would never make intentional contact to gain a position. That's not what racing is to me. Never has been, never will be. Sometimes contact is inevitable, unavoidable and uncontrollable. But in my eyes it should not be used to cheat someone out of a position.
I will say I am not the greatest or fastest driver (or gamer if you will), but i know how to race. The two of us had a good, hard-fought race, ruined by the well-known issues of LFS.
Please accept my apologies....

k.m.

Race 6 discussion - City City Bang Bang
(36 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG