The online racing simulator
#1 - Danke
Race 5 discussion - Fire-wrecks of the Caribbean
track: Fern Bay Rallycross Green
laps: 2 races of 30 laps each
grids: race 1 random, race 2 reverse of the finishing order of race 1
server: S3 Racing Thinkin RBs
password: rust

Reminder 1: You must finish a race to score points in that race.
Reminder 2: There will be a "lag lap" immediately before the start of the first race.
Reminder 3: There is no telepitting and rejoining during the race.
Reminder 4: There are no pits here, so take it easy and make sure you have enough fuel!

Feel free to discuss pre- and post-race here, but keep it respectful. PM me for any protests.
BUMMER!

I'm going to miss the Fire-wrecks race; I have to go to Seattle that week. I've raced from a hotel before (the Kyoto race, in fact -- see the attached), but with the timezone difference, there's no chance this time.

burn up some tires on my behalf.
Attached images
dedication.jpg
#3 - Cabby
Keep in mind that the master host server is going down tonight about 7pm est and won't be back online until around 4am est Wed. morning. If things don't go well with the move we might not be able to get online to do our Wed. night race.
#4 - Danke
It seems the master server move went without a hitch, so we're on for tonight.
My Rusty Screw nomination goes to Jonathan. Me must have gotten some bad Jerk Chicken take-out. Both races he had to pull into the pit to take care of what I can only assume was some personal business after laying down some fast laps.
No, my sphincter was never in any distress. I broke the front left spring in the first race, and both the front and rear left springs in the second. I was way off the pace and was a hazard to everyone on track.

My pulling over to the side was just to ensure finishing the race, and do some point scrounging.

Edit: Cool timing, Dan.
#7 - Danke
Congrats to Cabby and Gil for the wins. Somehow I had a good chance at winning race 1, but I lost focus toward the end and Cabby didn't make any mistakes. You could make a convincing argument for lots of people for the rusty screw.

Gil for getting taken out in T1 of race 1, or he might have swept both races.

Boothy for timing out right before the lag lap of race 1 and right after the start of race 2, from the lead no less.

Me for giving Gil a setup that he drove MUCH better than I did

I didn't see the replays yet to see what happened to JayBee, but his parallel parking exhibition implies that he didn't have much luck either.
Ted, nice setup! Doesn't look very comfortable though. My teammate Al Payson often takes his G25 on the road with him. I've seen him driving from all over South America and Europe. The photos he posted all showed a desk or table and a proper chair though. That ottoman has to be tough on the back after a while.

Thanks for letting me win guys, that's a real morale booster. Top 3 finishers each scored 36 points so no relative change there this week. JayEyeBee is probably a bit smarter than the rest of us- he was able to skip ahead to the consumption phase of the event while still scoring decent points.

Dan, thanks for the set. All I did is crank the F/R diff 5 clicks to the rear. Suspension settings were fabulous, easy to steer with the pedals. I've been struggling every race with front tires due to lousy turn-in and I think you've shown me the key to getting the balance right.

My vote for Rusty Screw has to go to Boothy for disconnecting from the lead. I was gaining on him and really looked forward to the battle.
#9 - Danke
Quote from GilFisher :

Thanks for letting me win guys, that's a real morale booster.

There was no letting involved. You jumped out to the lead and Cabby and I were fighting tooth and nail all race. Even once I got past him, I still wasn't gaining on you.

Quote :I think you've shown me the key to getting the balance right.

The news just keeps getting worse...
Yeah that was a big pile of fail
The Rusty Screw this week goes to Boothy for his untimely connection problems. Serves you right for trying to piggyback your connection off glenh's 56K modem.
Attached images
rusty screw5.jpg
Quote from JayEyeBee :

My pulling over to the side was just to ensure finishing the race, and do some point scrounging.

I have been having some minor guilt pangs at my use of this tactic. Is this ok, or do the racers and admin feel this is unsportsmanlike?

Jonathan
Perfectly acceptable in my book. I like the Jerk Chicken story better, but honesty is the best policy.
I think it's fine also. Especially since that track had no pit stalls.

Quote from JayEyeBee :I have been having some minor guilt pangs at my use of this tactic. Is this ok, or do the racers and admin feel this is unsportsmanlike?

Jonathan

Please refer to rule 51.50, section F, subsection U

Quote :
... drivers may pull off the racing line and park ONLY in the event of:
a) extreme intestinal distress
b) severe car damage, although any driver doing so must convince his national hockey team to throw their Olympic game against team USA

So you see, in either case you're fine
Quote from Danke :
b) severe car damage, although any driver doing so must convince his national hockey team to throw their Olympic game against team USA

That was a low blow.
Sorry, couldn't resist.
Yeah, I had no problem with that either Jonathan. I'd rather see a driver try to be considerate to others by pulling off like that than run around the track with bad damage and possibly causing an accident. And points are points, if you're badly damaged you'd have been in last place anyway if you tried to limp around, so you basically only held position while making sure not to cause any incidents. Think you did the right thing.

Race 5 discussion - Fire-wrecks of the Caribbean
(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG