The online racing simulator
looks like pool 5 wasn't done yet
Pool 5
Went wide on the first lap and was last after that. But oh boy what a nice racing it was, catched people in front of me. Superb fights with Hallen and FieDi and with some other guys. The best fights I'v ever been in, I could say it was a epic race!

See you next time in Jamaica! :banana_ra
pool3 unofficial stats for those who cant wait (click the race statistics link :P)

http://flp.c0m.se/flp_reports.php?view=olfsl_r2

btw, i would like to know what people think about swerving back and forth down the back straight, to keep people from drafting? i've read somewhere that you're allowed to change line once, but not swerve back and forth. iirc thats crc rules though, and might not apply to olfsl. what does olfsl have to say about this?
Changing line (repeatedly) to prevent that cars behind you slipstream/draft is different from blocking a real passing move by changing line (repeatedly). Neither are explicitly included in OLFSL rules.

Official complaints will be assessed.

Solar Hydro
Even its a common rule in racing and most people respect it I think its not illegal by OLFSL rules, unfortunately because I did see that in pool 5 too.

Solar...you really should be a politican, cant really make sense what are you saying.
Nice racing, as this was my first OLFSL race!
I ended up to be seventh on pool6 race.
Had some bad luck and spinned on lap1, but after that it was just pure joy to pick them up 1 by 1 LOL Nice and clean racing all the way. thx to all for that.

I saw also some swirling on the straight, but thought the best strategy to be driving just straight...afterall you are driving shorter route than the one ahead of you +he might lose it...
IMHO one move is ok, but going back and forth feels funny.

But as i said a very nice race!

-Jone-
-
(Solar Hydro) DELETED by Solar Hydro
Well, even if its not in rules, is pretty annoying when the guy right in front is doing that, specially because its the same people that stick their butt in your nose just to hit brakes right after that...quite risky IMHO.

Gentlemen shouldnt do that
I was doing this 'swerving' on lap 39, but that was to stay in Sharks draft

Personally I think it's useless, if he is close enough to draft you he will do so and get past whether your moving side to side or in a straight line, the only way to keep them out of your draft is drastic movements which loses you speed anyway so it's pointless.

But if people want to do it they can do so, aslong as they feel it's right and do it in a s afe way.

YES!!!! 3rd place on my first finish :-)
Quote from f1r3b4ll :YES!!!! 3rd place on my first finish :-)

grats nice to hear you didnt end up upside down this time!
NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! why did you have to remind me - *cries*
Quote from imprezzer :I was having great fun till lap 22, when I had to get some fuel in. getting back on track at last place I was waiting for the others to do the same, but they didn't. For a few laps I tried to close the (huge) gap but I realised it wouldn't work so I drove the last 10 laps easy to the finish.

Apart from this mistake in my strategy I had e great first race with OLFSL and I'd like to thank all that are putting so much effort in it to let us have a great time!

This happend to me last year when i was new in LFS and OLFSL, quite funny looking back. Seems to be the classic rooky mistake
Hosts perspective
Hi everyone, just giving my view of things from a hosts perspective.

Firstly on both pools I hosted (pools 3 and 6) everyone behaved really well whilst trying to line the grid and in the race in general, this is good to see. Last season things did get quite silly.

Good driving from everyone Pols 3 and 6 - especially Joon (I think it was) who was thrown to the back but pumped in 100% consistant laps to get himeself back up, my driver of the day

As far as my race went, well it was good and bad. I had two knocks early on which put me to the back of the grid, I must watch the replay and see what happened. I only had minor damage which made my car turn left under braking all by itelf, but even with this I too managed to drive quite well for a number of laps catching people up, then all of a sudden my sound dissapeared on lap 12 I think it was. I drove another 12 laps with no sound at all, which is harder than you think it would be.

I got fed up with no sound and while on the long straight drove one handed (and one eyed) with the other flicking through all my paperwork looking for the LFS button sheet so I could reinitialize the sound, which I did in the end.

After the soujnd was back, things picked up again, but my tyres had lost grip and several laps I started missing the apexs and hitting tyres.

With only 8 laps to go (i think) my car which was trying to veer left took itself too far and clipped the hill kerb which sent my rolling on to the roof, and that was that.

Well done everyone!

P.S. Regarding Neokiller - I was hosting your pool and you were too late to enter the server, I changed the password a few minutes later, but still you did not arrive, sorry.

P.P.S. I believe moving over to cover an opponent once is fine, any more than that is deliberate blocking in my view and dangerous.
Pool 8, back row. Decided to take the first laps easy, to warm up the tires and avoid initial crashes. Those didn't happen. All went according to plans until it was time to tighten up the driving. Couldn't drive at all. I just kept making really rookie mistakes. Can't blame anything but my own lack of skills. Suckety-suck.

Gonna take few days totally off lfs and look for motivation.
replay
Right I have watched the replay from pool 9, well the first 3 laps which had the incedents anyway.

On the begining of lap 3 I notice [T-Evo]Palex brake a little too late into T1, so I attempt to go past, he closes door and boom, I would say 50/50 blame.

Later on lap 3 I go wide after straight which gives [BR] Bone I think it was a run on me, we both turn into next corner ok, but on the exit he keeps pushing me towards grass, even though we are even, I decided to stay put and not go onto the grass, result, I get thrown off track and then into the path of Jackal77, sorry about that.
Blame would be 70/30 towards BR Bone IMO - I was not trying to keep you behind, and still you drive to agressive for the moment, but hey that is racing.
Yeah!!
This was my first OLFSL Race because i couldn't start at the first Race after 2 weeks of preparing. So I prepared well for the second race.

I started on the Tuneup Race an became 2nd.

After sending a hotlap 10 minutes before deadline, I started at pool 4 in place 2!

I took the lead in the first corner and leaded the race 15 laps but then
[400] J. Pickard got me and I didn't want to risk an unfair accident so I let him go! I was well on second and could go near the 1st at the end again but I'm very happy with the result for my first race and I will give my best to become better and better.

Greetz nRcToretto
This was my first race in the OLFSL aswell, started 7th in pool 10, not so impressive but im improving! Had a good clean race, found myself 4th going onto the back straight and worked my way upto 2nd. Stayed there till the end, the guy in first was just way too fast for me. f1r3b4ll put in some good laps and put some pressure on me at the end, he closed the gap from 8 to 2 seconds in a few laps and we both ended up putting in PB's on the same lap as I just managed to stay infront. Great race! Looking forward to the next one, thanks to all the hosts.
Yeh lol i was totally gunning for you ! - I would have had you i think if i hadnt been nudged by the guy that was on pole lol
#44 - th84
Pool 9 for me.

Was a good race, started last (15th i think) and had a slow start to avoid the normal T1 carnage, but there wasnt any. I took me a few laps to get by a few stingy racers :P, by then the lead group had a nice gap back to me, i still managed to catch the 2nd and 3rd place racers, but nathan was too far ahead, eventually finished 3rd on a combo i hate. So good race for me!

Congrats goes to Nathan for winning the pool! And to myself for fastest lap :P

Thanks to all the racers in pool 9 for a good clean race, and thanks to the OLFSL staff for putting it all together and thanks to ANT for hosting!

edit: sorry about your luck Johnathan
Pool 8
I'd really love to know what happened to istabaraq in early laps. In race he only scratched my side and nothing happened (except some loud swearing), but now looking at replay it looked like he didnt had brakes at all!! Considering at what speeds you brake for turn 1 it was kind of a miracle he didnt collect anyone in his way to the wall

Probably pedal problems, but I still would like to hear from him. Just curious
Quote from russraine :Right I have watched the replay from pool 9, well the first 3 laps which had the incedents anyway.

On the begining of lap 3 I notice [T-Evo]Palex brake a little too late into T1, so I attempt to go past, he closes door and boom, I would say 50/50 blame.

Later on lap 3 I go wide after straight which gives [BR] Bone I think it was a run on me, we both turn into next corner ok, but on the exit he keeps pushing me towards grass, even though we are even, I decided to stay put and not go onto the grass, result, I get thrown off track and then into the path of Jackal77, sorry about that.
Blame would be 70/30 towards BR Bone IMO - I was not trying to keep you behind, and still you drive to agressive for the moment, but hey that is racing.

No Problems with me then!!! Thats unusual for a race with us two in it!! Ahh well theres always next time (well actually the race after next - missing next one because of GCSEs)

See you all @ Aston Historic in FOXs....should be fun!!

James
Quote from BurnOut69 :I'd really love to know what happened to istabaraq in early laps. In race he only scratched my side and nothing happened (except some loud swearing), but now looking at replay it looked like he didnt had brakes at all!! Considering at what speeds you brake for turn 1 it was kind of a miracle he didnt collect anyone in his way to the wall

Probably pedal problems, but I still would like to hear from him. Just curious

I've had pedal problems on and off for a few weeks now(logitech momo) I took the pedals apart and tried to glue the pots in place but could not get the accelarator to max throttle, the brakes were also coming on of their own accord during racing. An hour before the race rather than not turn up i decided to go using the wheel only, converting buttons to throttle and brakes. You saw the outcome. Just glad i did'nt ruin anybodies race as i struggled with the controls during my brief appearance. For the race around fern bay I advise other racers to give me an extremely wide birth as i am yet to decide on my mode of propulsion.
in trepidation
istabraq
Quote from istabraq :I've had pedal problems on and off for a few weeks now(logitech momo) I took the pedals apart and tried to glue the pots in place but could not get the accelarator to max throttle, the brakes were also coming on of their own accord during racing. An hour before the race rather than not turn up i decided to go using the wheel only, converting buttons to throttle and brakes. You saw the outcome. Just glad i did'nt ruin anybodies race as i struggled with the controls during my brief appearance. For the race around fern bay I advise other racers to give me an extremely wide birth as i am yet to decide on my mode of propulsion.
in trepidation
istabraq

Here's a good fix.
Take the pot out....place a dime sized piece of elec tape over where the pot sticks in the shaft...make a small X in the tape over the hole and stuff the pot back in....works for months.
Woot, nice timing for me to look into this forum

Event 2, Blackwood GP & XF GTi
(56 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG