The online racing simulator
i've fixed up the results. i'll admit the scoring system i had there sucked a little, that's why they weren't final.

couple penalties for accidents, they are what they are, regardless of intent. things can get crowded when you're fighting for position, and everybody makes mistakes. i'll talk about them in private as to not clutter up the forum.

i'll make sure we do the lag lap before i sort the grid to prevent any mixups for the next race as well. and bug vic for a subcategory sooner or later.
so, with that system of points and i lost 2 positions?

whoops, they're for next race when i sort the grid.
That is absolutely ridiculous, when the that drivers close my race line, and only punish me?
he could keep running perfectly, he put as espectator as a kid in kindergarten
Quote from Neto_r :That is absolutely ridiculous, when the that drivers close my race line, and only punish me?

you were the car from behind and could have passed on the other side, but instead you chose to cut to the inside where there was no road, and you didn't pass him fully. i don't think you did it intentionally, but it still happened.

as for the chat, i'm willing to overlook it because he was angry, and who wouldn't be after being knocked out on the first lap?
Quote from Neto_r :That is absolutely ridiculous, when the that drivers close my race line, and only punish me?

You were difinitely VERY aggressive on the first laps. I'm sure you didn't do it on purpose, but your driving style could have taken more than just one car out of the race.
Not pointing any fingers, but these cars with restriction are very controllable, and not too fast. So on a large track such as KY2R there really shouldn't be much contact.

There were some cars that were just way too close, and some that were laggy. Just give each other room. If you can't complete a pass, back off and try again.

The key is to finish, not just finish well.

It is up to us to keeps the standards high to promote this league. Set an example. Good times can be had.
Quote from bunder9999 :
and who wouldn't be after being knocked out on the first lap?

he can drive

was only a little touch behind

i dont see that guy flying away from the track?

so, in the next race, at the first touch i go to espectator and i block all the race line

so thats what you promote... block the race line, and cry at the first little crash...

im mad for that points systems and for that stupid punish only for me

be fair, because i dont crash on purpose.. that "driver" was to slow in that sector, and close my race line in a wrong manner
I recieved a rather large PM from someone last night who shall remain nameless, and I intend to comment on the message here to make things clear.

Quote :We have reviewed the replay several times ourselves, and based on most rulebooks we find he is not at fault at any point. We even asked assistance and opinion from other respected league organizers and their views where the same. At most it was called a racing incident. Based on that after the turn before the incident each driver choses his line and holds it until K.Lepind decides to change lane where Ne70 had already stuck his nose in. Ne70 as he sees this, blows his horn and even lifts off the thottle lightly as to avoid contact, which obviously wasn't enough. As most rulesbooks say about blocking... as the defending driver reaches his braking point he can do so down any line he chooses and must maintain without any change or sudden moves, which will be illegal blocking if he does so. If you take a look back several turns, K.Lepind was taking the inside lines to avoid being outbraked on the inside and being passed. Which by the way it was slowing him down. As they reach th point of accident, K.Lepind is going down the inside lane towards the lefthand U-turn as to defend again a passing attempt. And just before braking he moves over as to take the ideal line, which should be considered as illegal blocking since Ne70 was already coming down the outside lane with overlap. Taking this in mind, K.Lepind is more at fault for illegal blocking, but since he was the one to spin out, it can at most be called a racing incident!

I watched the entire lap again, and I did not hear anyone signalling their horn.

Attached are several screenshots from the replay that prove that KLepind did not block the racing line, as he was following the line properly.

Most league rules I've seen state that the car from behind has the onus to prevent any accidents between it and the car in front. There was not sufficient overlap to demand that he move over, or give Ne70 the position.

What matters at the end of the day is that the two cars made contact, and caused KLepind to end his race prematurely. As I have stated before, regardless of intent, this is what happened.

I will comment on the other two items in the conversation in the following posts.
Attached images
L1-1_26.jpg
L1-1_27.jpg
L1-1_28.jpg
L1-1_29.jpg
L1-1_30.jpg
L1-1_31.jpg
Quote :Second, although we understand your thinking behind the point system, we still feel it is incorrect.
It is unfair for any competitive driver to receive the same amount of points as the drivers behind them. Any spot should be worth more than the spot behind you. If not, its not worth racing or fighting for the spot in front of you!
You said you wanted to keep the points as close as posible. But, although if you used a normal points system with a bigger difference between 1st and 20th, top runners will always be ahead, and mid runners (although the gap seems bigger) still have a chance to recover because of the higher points for top finishers! And it promotes competitive racing knowing a pass will be rewarded with an extra point no matter what position your fighting for! We feel the current point system promotes mediocre racing which is bad for any amateur looking to gain experience!

I'll be the first to admit that the scoring system was lacking before the league started and that was for one simple reason, I didn't know how many people would actually show up to the league. I've tried running a league before, and barely anybody showed up.

I'm willing to overview and change the scoring system (again) before round two.
Quote :Third, we also feel the organization of these league has been a bit "un-organized".
Passwords sent out at last minute! In some cases they were not recieved. Last minute server change! Which I didn't recieve notice in time, but found by searching desperately. Leaving teammates wondering where to go or how to get in! By which thankfully, I was able to aware them through the teams Ventrilo.
Here we can also include the knowing of the point system used until after the race!
Plus penalties given based on "fairness" and not a rulebook?
We know it's tough to organize a successful league becuase we hold several local leagues during the year ourselves! But we do feel somewhat let down with what seemed a promising league!

I'm sorry about the server change. I've ran several servers here before and never had a problem. This has been fixed by being provided a server by z-ro 8. We intended to keep the same server name, but since people were still on the old server when the new server came up, it had to use a different name.

With regards to miscommunication over the server password, it's not my fault that some of your members don't have a forum account. I locked the server over 12 hours before the race, and that should have been enough time for your team to relay the information. Because of the last minute changes, I did send out PM's to everyone explaining the change.

As for the management, I'm just one guy. I'm trying my best. It was the first event of a league, and I don't think anyone expected the results. I'm hoping next month's event will run smoother, but with 25+ racers, and only one person trying to maintain some sort of control, it's hard.
Bunder, that guy, who said, that Ne70 horned me, is actually true, when you watch replay on Ne70's car. But if you look it on my car, you can't hear anything.

Also I'd like to say, that IRL when two cars get together (like we did). Faster guy always knows, that he can pass slower one everywhere, but this time you just tried to pass me, eventhough it was pretty risky. This time it ended badly for me. But, if no-one punishes you, I think, we will meet on the track next race..
Im my opinion, and i've seen this situation online and in RL hundreds of times, it should be considered a racing incident, as there was no clear intention for either driver to purposely wreck the other.
K.Lepind could (or should) have considered Neto's position, regardless of overlap simply because it was lap one of fourteen.
Neto was taking the only race line he had available, did horn and did lift throttle.
The fact that K.Lepind took an accusatory position post-accident shows that he did not even realize Neto was there. A sure sign of a lack of situational awareness(nothing presonal, just what I see).

As far as the organization of the league, bunder has offered to his time, effort and resources to give us a privatized series which will eventually recognize someone as a league champion. Something not enough people do, and not enough people appreciate. Instead of criticizing, offer help or suggestions. Running a league with 3 or 4 people is difficult(I say this from experience), let alone just one person. The server issue was an unforseen problem. Noone is to blame for that, and actions were taken as best as could be to keep the race available.
Im sure that wasnt K.Lepind fault.. He drove on ideal line, you went to inside, but there werent enough room to make pass.. And you werent side by side, atleast 50% not so it isnt his fault .. And yeah, Video is better than 10000000 words.
IMO, Racing incident, Lepind shouldn't have shut the door.
Lepind was defending like hell, rather wreckless at some stages. You were letting off someetimes to avoid contact which is fair play but I think its Lepins fault. You let him know you were there and he was trying to squeeze you and he did too much. Lepinds fault for chopping.
Quote from aobrien :Lepind was defending like hell, rather wreckless at some stages. You were letting off someetimes to avoid contact which is fair play but I think its Lepins fault. You let him know you were there and he was trying to squeeze you and he did too much. Lepinds fault for chopping.

The way I see it, Neto was too aggressive for the first moments of the race, culminating in that collision. He might have been clean on that, but his rather unfriendly driving style probably caused Bunder to look at the replay already thinking he had something to do with Lepind retiring the way he did.
I agree with aobrien. IMO this is a racing incident/Lepinds fault. Lepind is the one who suffered so hopefully that will be enough warning to him. Fair enough Neto wasnt actually alongside completely but Lepind shouldnt have squeezed him like that in what is basically a straight, it was asking for an accident to be honest.

I dont know what happened earlier on in this race or whatever, I've just gone by the youtube video which shows everything that needs to be seen of this incident, other incidents are seperate and should be looked at seperately.
that was the first lap in KY2R
No matter who "is to blame", the most important lesson learned here is don't put yourself in a position to have a wreck, especially on lap one.
Yes it's a race, and noone wants to do anything to impede their own forward progress, but you have to think.
K.Lepind should not have assumed Neto would lift, and Neto should not have assumed Lepind would give him room. If these two guys had raced each other many times before, they may have known what the other was going to do. But they hadn't, so they must take into consideration what action someone could do, not what you think they should do......

Anyway, i hope everyone has learned from this, and is ready to move on to Round 2.
The server is always open, and there are some pretty good times posted already.
If anyone wants help with a setup, I have quite a few that were being altered for a similar restriction. I have many XFR, and a few UFR and anyone is welcome to have them.

So far the fastest XFM lap is a 50.05 by me and CRC Tripper. But i know i can do better. Can you?
I've taken a couple days to clear my mind and look at the score sheet again.

Points have been finalized, it's the best I can do without giving any unfair advantages, and without the worry of positions not being worth fighting for.

The penalties for round one have been cleared. Hopefully this can put an end to the drama that has spilled out recently so we can focus on the next race. I would have never figured a two grid slot penalty would cause such a ruckus in my inbox. Please try to be more careful on the next race, as I will be less lenient as time progresses.

Now that we know to be especially careful on the first lap, and adding the problems we had with the lag lap, what I've decided to do is slightly modify the schedule. The race still starts at the same time, but the half hour leading up to the race will be used as a last-chance traffic practice and to test connections before the race. Then we'll sort the grid and start the race.

Okay, now that we've got that all squared away, now we can get back to what matters most, the racing.
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG