The online racing simulator
#1 - Danke
Race 4 discussion - The Nine Circles of 'hill
track: Westhill International Reverse
laps: 2 races of 9 laps each
grids: race 1 random, race 2 reverse of the finishing order of race 1
server: S3 Racing Thinkin RBs
password: rust

Reminder 1: You must finish a race to score points in that race.
Reminder 2: There will be a "lag lap" immediately before the start of the first race.
Reminder 3: There is no telepitting and rejoining during the race.

Feel free to discuss pre- and post-race here, but keep it respectful. PM me for any protests.
#2 - Cabby
I think we need more laps again, at 9 laps this will only be 18min races.
#3 - Danke
One of these days you're gonna eat wall for requesting more laps. Actually that was me that threw glenh's car at you last race. It's a top-secret insim car throwing app.
#4 - Cabby
Someone's gotta rattle your chain to keep you on your toes.
can i use FX2?

my pace will be about the same as yooz in the RB4 there....
#6 - Danke
How about UF1 instead?

In my testing so far, I'm finding this track to be relatively easy on tires. That probably just means I'm not pushing it hard enough.
#7 - Cabby
What times are you doing Dan, I can tell you if you're not pushing enough.
#8 - Danke
I'm usually in the 2 minute flat range +/- .5 seconds. I'm notoriously nice to my tires. I did a whole LOTA GT season one time on the same set of tires.
A whole lotta LOTA?
Congrats to Boothy and Cabby on the wins. There were some really nice battles, especially the T-Sho/JayBee/Gil scrap in the closing laps of race 1.

The rusty screw is going to be a tough pick. Glenh deserves one some time for his disconnect problems. On the other hand, he managed to hold the disco demons at bay until after race 1 was over. Celcius is a solid pick with his pedal problems. I could see his dragging brake lights on some of the long straights.
Watching the replay, I also might put Boothy in the running for the Screw award for his contact-induced "off" in race 2. One of them racing deals...
On the other hand, the recovery and minimal lost time was either incredible skill, amazing luck, or both.

That battle at the end of race 1 with Jay and Gil was really, really fun.
Yeah, the end of race 1 was pretty fun.
Sorry, Gil. At the time I didn't think my move was that bad, but after review, I decided that was a brutal chop.
I was alone for most of the two races. But i was really surprised when i passed JB in the second race.
What happened man?
havoc+westhill=fail
Quote from JayEyeBee :Yeah, the end of race 1 was pretty fun.
Sorry, Gil. At the time I didn't think my move was that bad, but after review, I decided that was a brutal chop.

I wouldn't call it a chop at all. I was slow going in to be faster out. Unfortunately you were the opposite. It actually caught me off guard when I accelerated and you didn't. If I had anticipated that I could probably have held Ted back. Was lots of fun though. I was surprised that I was able to re-pass you, but my fronts were like Silly Putty by then.

Race 2 was better because I tweaked the set for tire life (duh). The incident with that showoff Boothy probably cost him the win. I haven't reviewed the replay but I did have the line and the position, and I left as much room as my POS car would allow. Probably was just a wee too early for him to try the pass, he coud have done it easily down the straight.

Fun race mostly, except for the fact that we're driving these wallowy 2 ton chick cars. See you next week.
The voices in my head have spoken to pick this week's award winner(s).

The Rusty Screw this week goes to RSR.Celcius for his equipment struggles. This is not a track where you want to be dragging the brakes.

A special bonus award this week goes to S3R BeerCobra. He earned the Al Gore Low Carbon Footprint award by running only a few laps of the 18 scheduled for the event. Thanks to Paul's sacrifices in lowering his carbon emissions, the globe is a little less warm today. I believe a toast would be appropriate.
Attached images
rusty screw4.jpg
al gore.jpg
If you put Al Gore on the side of your car, will it start pulling to the left?
Quote from Danke :The voices in my head have spoken to pick this week's award winner(s).

The Rusty Screw this week goes to RSR.Celcius for his equipment struggles. This is not a track where you want to be dragging the brakes.

A special bonus award this week goes to S3R BeerCobra. He earned the Al Gore Low Carbon Footprint award by running only a few laps of the 18 scheduled for the event. Thanks to Paul's sacrifices in lowering his carbon emissions, the globe is a little less warm today. I believe a toast would be appropriate.

I'm sure people in Edmonton, Canada are real thankful.

"Edmonton was the coldest place in North America yesterday morning and the second chilliest in the world.

The Edmonton International Airport saw a record low of -46.1 C and -58.4 C with the windchill, outfreezing even the Arctic. "

Here's a toast to Paul:

Yay i got teh rusty screw award.
Quote from Elderado :I'm sure people in Edmonton, Canada are real thankful.

"Edmonton was the coldest place in North America yesterday morning and the second chilliest in the world.

The Edmonton International Airport saw a record low of -46.1 C and -58.4 C with the windchill, outfreezing even the Arctic. "

Here's a toast to Paul:

Mmmm, beer and toast...

Hey, we're just trying to make sure it stays cool enough up there in Canadia for the Olympics.

Race 4 discussion - The Nine Circles of 'hill
(21 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG