The online racing simulator
#1 - Danke
Race 3 discussion - Betty Crocker Tire Bake-off
track: Fern Bay Rallycross
laps: 2 races of 16 laps each
grids: race 1 random, race 2 reverse
server: S3 Racing Thinkin RBs
password: rust

Reminder 1: You must finish a race to score points in that race.
Reminder 2: There will be a "lag lap" immediately before the start of the first race.
Reminder 3: There is no telepitting and rejoining during the race.

Feel free to discuss pre- and post-race here, but keep it respectful. PM me for any protests.
Imma win this one fo sho.
#4 - Cabby
Let's just hope Paul forgets about this race like he did the first round.
maybe i'll put the topless pics on my skin to distract him
out of all the car/track combos in this game this is my worst...

iv tried tons of setups for this combo in the past and nothing works for me.

ether its fast and the tires are bad in 4 laps or slow... i mean REALLY slow.
#7 - Cabby
I don't believe him... we'll need those topless skins.
no lie... but i will take some topless skins anyway :magnify::hypnotize
#9 - Danke
I've tried a bunch of things in my setup to get the tires to last. The most promising so far was to turn off ABS and move the brake bias to 30% (aka 70% to the rear). I got awesome turn in on the first and last turns for about 9 laps, but then my rear tires got so hot that I spun under braking for T1. I might try again with something closer to 50%. I can't remember now, is ABS something you can turn on and off in-car? Or is brake bias adjustable in-car?

Another thought is to use road supers on all four corners. They don't get as hot as fast and they seem to cool quicker. But of course they are awful on the dirt. I was 2-3 seconds slower per lap.
whats you lap times with hybrid tires... man 9 laps is good for tires.. im red in 2!
I start out in the mid-high 1:15s with hybrids and get up to the mid 1:17s pretty within 5 laps or so. The non-ABS setup with massive rear brake bias stayed in the 1:16s until the back tires got over 100 degrees, then it was pretty much undriveable.

With road supers I was running 1:17s- 1:18s all the time. I need to do a lot more testing.
10 front swaybar and 80 rear will help rotate the car. dont go with locked front dif ether. locked front dif tightens the car up a lot. this way you can bump up you front brake to 65% but still rotate the car.
Quote from Danke :I start out in the mid-high 1:15s with hybrids and get up to the mid 1:17s pretty within 5 laps or so. The non-ABS setup with massive rear brake bias stayed in the 1:16s until the back tires got over 100 degrees, then it was pretty much undriveable.

With road supers I was running 1:17s- 1:18s all the time. I need to do a lot more testing.

Jimmine crickets! Best I could muster was a 1:21. Whats it gonna take to not finish last?
i think im close to a setup... i found a way to overheat the fronts and not the rears so now il just tweak around toll i get all 4 tires to turn red at the same time.

if i dont see you bri come early wed.. if sent u a set
In the RB4 you can't adjust anything from in car Dan, so make sure your setup is good before you leave the garage.
Quote from Cabby :In the RB4 you can't adjust anything from in car Dan, so make sure your setup is good before you leave the garage.

"Good" would be a stretch for any of my setups. We'll go with "not awful."
Could we increase the number of laps?

I was just practicing and after 17 laps of 15s and 16s I still wasn't close to melting my tires. I think we need more laps. :evil::duck::biggrinfl
going to be a long night then.. ack
I'm not going to make it this week.

My car is in the garage. If you can get the tires off, will require large can of WD40, you can use them.
the nuts or is it froz to the rotor? when that happends what i do is jack the car up and loosen the nuts so they are not touching the rin but only a little.. the lower the jack.. that should break it free.. if that doesnt work then turn the wheel a little ( in the car) that will also work..

if its the nuts... cant help you
Quote from BEERcobra :
if its the nuts... cant help you

That respose applies in every possible context.

Hey, nice racing tonight. It was good to see some new blood, but apparently nobody told you guys about the rule where you have to admin beat you in your first race.

I decided at the last minute to go with my road_super setup. It was great for race 1. I did 16s the whole race pretty much, which is fast for me, and the tires never got hot. Race 2 was another story. The wind shifted and screwed me (along with a lot of others I think) up in the backside dirt section. I can't believe I wound up on the podium running 17s and 18s.

I'm open to suggestions for the Rusty Screw. Glenh comes to mind for his connection problems. Or one of the many people who flipped in race 2.
For me, it wasn't the wind, another car, or anything rusty-screw-worthy... I just got lazy and sloppy and goofed up all by myself in the dirt S-turns, tagged a wall and broke my front shock. Very disappointing, but can't blame anyone or anything but myself.

I think Cabby may have had a car actually _land_ on him in the esses on lap 1. But I might give the Rusty Screw to Paul, who was in podium position with a great race setup in the first race and wound up on his roof.
Yes, I did have a car land on top of me during lap 1 of the 2nd race.
Here is a nice screeny of Heat 1.

Attached images
Heat-1.png

Race 3 discussion - Betty Crocker Tire Bake-off
(28 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG