The online racing simulator
Quote from AK-Racing 206 :Thanks for a perfect organized 24hrs race!

Was the biggest success in our team history with a 3rd place in GT2 class
Grats to the podium in both classes!

Congratz !

A new fail for E-Team...2 disconnects for Vallée whereas he has never been disconnected before...hard to understand

Must be a black cat somewhere...
#27 - CSF
2 wheel fails 1 pedal fail 5 DC's 4 crashes 3 punctures me sleeping at the wheel

And still we didn't... kinda... give up.
Epic
#29 - chaa
start crash, puncture, accident with a lagging car and my lovely touch with scipy :P but finally we had some luck with the bad luck of my3id and got 2nd, that's okay :P

edit: forgot a big thanks to the admins etc for the great race
Great organising, thanks!
was a really funny and dramatic race
thanks to the admins and the stream
#32 - Dmt
We start from 5º place, after 6 hours speedcore was in the 6º place (i think) and we run out of fuel..., after that we have a "usual" disconect, somedy send us to the gravel and get stuck there, bla, bla, bla, bla...
We have to go to a witch or something...
I congratulate all the riders and teams involved in this great race (especially My3id for the great race they made), not to mention the admins for the excellent work once again.
I'd like to start off with posting our sincere commiserations (thanks for that word Ray ) to My3id. After 24 hours of immense effort, we can only imagine how bad a way to lose a race this was. You guys have been fair and fast competitors, and have pushed us harder than ever before, and we would like to thank you for that. It was incredible to see how many of you were able to congratulate us, right after the race; respect for that! I'm quite sure I'm not alone when I say I wasn't sure what to say in reply..

Despite the above, we can't deny we are still happy with the victory in this big event. Like My3id we have also given our all in this race and however "lucky" we were with Jack's incident, we were there to step up to take that first place. I would therefore like to congratulate every one of our GT1 team members with their performance and efforts: Vince and Hendrik for their flawless night stints, André and Jesse for once again showing how valuable they are for us, with super fast lap times, and Tommy for being with them during the whole 24h!

It was a hard race for us, right from the start, when we found out our strategy wasn't going to be good enough to fight for the victory and we had to adept right away. With some step by step changes we managed to do that very smoothly and efficiently though! And after a good night for us, it was just a hard one-on-one battle with My3id and especially - I have to mention him separately for his insane, out of this world, pace - Hugo.

So all in all, we have had to push from lap 1, right to the end and I'm happy our guys got rewarded for that.
I would like to thank the commentators of the broadcast for their entertaining coverage, the league admins for their totally flawless organization, the teams and drivers that were with us on track for an extraordinary high level of racing, and lastly everyone who congratulated us with our victory.. We hope to see you again next round!
hahha ur so hularious "sincere commiserations" and shit in the forum, and then a flashing rave party with "24 h of WIN" theme on the website

hypocritical bastards congrats on the w.. luck.
In the words of Valentino Rossi: "Eez racing, noh?"

Gratz, F1RST.
Quote from scipy :hahha ur so hularious "sincere commiserations" and shit in the forum, and then a flashing rave party with "24 h of WIN" theme on the website

Quote from traxxion :
Despite the above, we can't deny we are still happy with the victory in this big event. Like My3id we have also given our all in this race

Quote from scipy :hahha ur so hularious "sincere commiserations" and shit in the forum, and then a flashing rave party with "24 h of WIN" theme on the website

Hehe, what Bas said.. Maybe you stopped reading after my first paragraph..?

I'm aware that I can't say that we feel bad for My3id without people thinking that it's just for the show. We have lost quite a couple of good results in the past due to similar incidents, so we do know what it is. Apart from that, we know from first hand how much effort it takes to organize 24 hours of non-stop racing on the highest level, so it doesn't take much imagination for us to comprehend their dissapointment.

Nevertheless I don't think we don't deserve to celebrate a victory that has cost us all immense effort. I don't think it would have been any different if it had been the other way round!!

So.. I can see where you're coming from scipz, but everything I posted above was indeed sincere and is a reliable reflection of the thoughts of everyone on the team. Calling it hypocracy is only a result of your personal interpretation.

Edit: thanks Dave!
You can call it my personal interpretation all you want.. but there's being "happy cause of the victory" and maybe put some of "dignified in victory" in there, and then there's "24 h of win". I'm just calling a spade a spade.
Quote from scipy :there's being "happy cause of the victory" and maybe put some of "dignified in victory" in there, and then there's "24 h of win"

I guess you're right yeah.. I sensed the general consensus was tending towards something like the attached (copyright: unknown), which I think is unfair, but what you're saying makes sense too.. the most appropriate slogan would be somewhere in between.
Attached images
123.JPG
I don't think anyone will deny that luck is a huge part of racing, both real and simulated. Fact is, you guys were never more than a minute away from the lead over the course of 24 hours, which is pretty amazing and meant that you were in the right place to gain from 3id's issues. There's no shame in that whatsoever, and there's no saying what else might have happened in those last few hours that could have equally easily propelled you to the win. You guys did great, as did 3id and #low.
Not sure what happened but around the 10-12h mark you guys had over a minute lead after 3id's cockup in the pits but i went to bed and when i whoke up you was 10secs behind them, what happened?
Hugo is really fast.
Quote from rc10racer :Not sure what happened but around the 10-12h mark you guys had over a minute lead after 3id's cockup in the pits but i went to bed and when i whoke up you was 10secs behind them, what happened?

several penalties I guess
-
(niall09) DELETED by niall09
Quote from MoMo92i :several penalties I guess

Penalties? We didnt get any penalties as far as I know :P
Quote from rc10racer :Not sure what happened but around the 10-12h mark you guys had over a minute lead after 3id's cockup in the pits but i went to bed and when i whoke up you was 10secs behind them, what happened?

F1RST had a crash 8 etc in the morning or so? They were 20 secs ahead of my3id at this point or so, few laps later they had quite massive damage and My3id were ahead of them.. Dunno excactly what happened, some contact for sure
And yeah, Hugo: I've never seen anything like you before in LFS or in any other sim for that matter..

Someone give this guy a fair RL chance asap? I'm seriously speechless!
Quote from Tomhah :Penalties? We didnt get any penalties as far as I know :P

Was talking about 3id
Quote from Chriskart :F1RST had a crash 8 etc in the morning or so? They were 20 secs ahead of my3id at this point or so, few laps later they had quite massive damage and My3id were ahead of them.. Dunno excactly what happened, some contact for sure

I dunno if it's the one I saw or not but while trying to fix my PC issues i've been playing my replay from the 20-22 hour mark and this was when Jack was catching up on Andre just after Andre had pitted. (Well a few laps) In the last sector Andre was catching a GT2 on the long left hander, since Jack was so close I guess he was trying to get some draft from the GT2 car, anyway in doing so he touched the grass with his right rear and spun into the wall. This left the car with quite a bit of damage, I dunno if this is the damage you reffer to, but there should defo be a complaint made about that wall.

EDIT : It happend at 20 hours and 5 minutes.

24 Hours of Aston Grand Prix: Race
(70 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG