The online racing simulator
Quote from Feuerdrache :*snip*
All times are in UTC.

And could you add the season shedule of the ZPB FBC I to your database? I edited the post like you wanted over one week ago.

You didn't. Normally I wouldn't be quite so annoying but I posted the actual code in the PM so that you only had to copy & paste, and you still didn't do it right so I didn't add it.

Open Wheel Racing LeagueMRT CupSeason 09/10

Bavarian Racing FOX ChallengeSeason 2
With the merger of iCON Racing and New Dimension Racing, the iTCC is now an NDR event.

iCON Touring Car Championship
Season 2010
20100110 Round 1 with FXR at WE1R
Reserve Shootouts for 20 mins
1630 Group 1
1700 Group 2
1800 Qualifying for 15 mins
1820 Race 1 for 13 laps
1850 Race 2 for 13 laps
1920 Race 3 for 13 laps
20100131 Round 2 with FXR at KY2R
1630 Group 1
1700 Group 2
1820 Race 1 for 12 laps
1850 Race 2 for 12 laps
1920 Race 3 for 12 laps
20100221 Round 3 with FXR at SO5R
1630 Group 1
1700 Group 2
1820 Race 1 for 16 laps
1850 Race 2 for 16 laps
1920 Race 3 for 16 laps
20100321 Round 4 with FXR at FE3
1630 Group 1
1700 Group 2
1820 Race 1 for 16 laps
1850 Race 2 for 16 laps
1920 Race 3 for 16 laps
20100411 Round 5 with FXR at BL1
1630 Group 1
1700 Group 2
1820 Race 1 for 17 laps
1850 Race 2 for 17 laps
1920 Race 3 for 17 laps
20100502 Round 6 with FXR at AS3R
1630 Group 1
1700 Group 2
1820 Race 1 for 12 laps
1850 Race 2 for 12 laps
1920 Race 3 for 12 laps

All times are in UTC. There will be no correction for Daylight Saving Time.
Quote from dekojester :With the merger of iCON Racing and New Dimension Racing, the iTCC is now an NDR event.

*snip*

All times are in UTC. There will be no correction for Daylight Saving Time.

Please edit the dates into the correct format . Post a reply when you've done it so that I get a notification.
Also, MiniFBM finished: Shall I resubmit that for you to enter, as it'll be rather hard to change the schedule for the 2008 and 2009 seasons now that they're finished.

If I failed again somehow then I'll just get someone else to do this from now on.
Quote from dekojester :Goddamnit, that's what I get for C&Ping the dates instead of just typing them out. :banghead: Can the entire world please settle on one date standard and stick with it ?

*snip*

Also, while I'm at it:

*snip*

It's UTC!

Also, MiniFBM finished: Shall I resubmit that for you to enter, as it'll be rather hard to change the schedule for the 2008 and 2009 seasons now that they're finished.

If I failed again somehow then I'll just get someone else to do this from now on.

Thanks, but please edit the previous post and remove the duplicate code from your second post. I prefer not to have incorrect examples or duplicate posts in the thread.

Feel free to post the MiniFBM schedules with the sessions which went ahead etc.

I just managed to delete the script which I used to add stuff to the system so until I can get my sister to send me a backup from home some time tomorrow I won't be able to add anything.
Thank you for editing your original post Deko but please remove the duplicate code from post 143. If you could avoid being so annoying in future by reading the odd post that I make to you I'd appreciate it.

I swear Yann Laprevotte is the only person who reads what I write in this thread.
Quote from joshdifabio :Thank you for editing your original post Deko but please remove the duplicate code from post 143. If you could avoid being so annoying in future by reading the odd post that I make to you I'd appreciate it.

I did read the post.

I did not see any harm in leaving the quote in, I reckoned you'd be able to keep the posts straight.

For the record, I feel insulted by the way you worded your statement.
Quote from dekojester :I did read the post.

I did not see any harm in leaving the quote in, I reckoned you'd be able to keep the posts straight.

Sorry? I asked you to remove it; that's the only way I can "keep the posts straight" in this thread - I don't have any kind of moderator powers so I have to ask people to moderate their posts themselves.

Almost every request I make in this thread has to be made more than once before it's acknowledged, and that's left me with a very short fuse towards those who appear too lazy to read and act upon what little I ask of them.
May I be so bold as to suggest one of 3 things then

1. Make a section for this, and ask for moderator status, easily done.

2. Better still, make a simple form on your site for people to submit leagues, that way they cannot input the wrong format and would save you and them alot of hassle.

3. I could STFU and mind my own business :P
Quote from jasonmatthews :May I be so bold as to suggest one of 3 things then

1. Make a section for this, and ask for moderator status, easily done.

2. Better still, make a simple form on your site for people to submit leagues, that way they cannot input the wrong format and would save you and them alot of hassle.

3. I could STFU and mind my own business :P

Those are good suggestions and both things I've considered.

Ideally, I'd like a form of some kind which people can use to contribute to the database themselves. However, in the past we had something like that and it resulted in lots and lots of competitions getting partially added to the system, with wrong times and that sort of thing. There would also be a number of leagues added which never went ahead. Therefore some kind of validation by myself or another admin would be needed, but at the same time I'd need to easily be able to communicate with contributors to let them know what further information is needed (for example when people appear not to have considered daylight saving time).

I don't have much time to implement an intuitive and user-friendly system which would also allow me to give feedback to users, etc., so this thread presents a kind of half-way solution for the time-being. Unfortunately, it also creates a few headaches for me and doesn't exactly help my disposition on the forum :P.

Until a better solution is provided it probably would be helpful to be
able to moderate this thread. I don't think Victor is particularly keen on giving people 'special' treatment though - I'd either require a subforum for something which isn't exactly a 'league', or I'd need moderator status in the Leagues & Events subforum.
Simply make a league section, pm victor, and I am positive he would have no issue doing that for you
Quote from joshdifabio :Those are good suggestions and both things I've considered.

Ideally, I'd like a form of some kind which people can use to contribute to the database themselves. However, in the past we had something like that and it resulted in lots and lots of competitions getting partially added to the system, with wrong times and that sort of thing. There would also be a number of leagues added which never went ahead. Therefore some kind of validation by myself or another admin would be needed, but at the same time I'd need to easily be able to communicate with contributors to let them know what further information is needed (for example when people appear not to have considered daylight saving time).

I don't have much time to implement an intuitive and user-friendly system which would also allow me to give feedback to users, etc., so this thread presents a kind of half-way solution for the time-being. Unfortunately, it also creates a few headaches for me and doesn't exactly help my disposition on the forum :P.

Until a better solution is provided it probably would be helpful to be
able to moderate this thread. I don't think Victor is particularly keen on giving people 'special' treatment though - I'd either require a subforum for something which isn't exactly a 'league', or I'd need moderator status in the Leagues & Events subforum.

My big displeasure with your post was your tone...calling people attempting to contribute content to your website annoying and other such terms doesn't sit well at all. And I do understand how frustrating unformatted posts can be, with tracker input etc, but I simply explain politely and it gets sorted no big deal.

I did all my edits before you stated to remove the duplicate. Therefore your attack of me and calling me and my mistakes annoying was over the line for sure. If you had simply said "Oh, I see you did your edits before my post went through, could you please delete one of the duplicates" things would have gone over much better.

The user submission system could well be like a CMS...you approve things, and its' a very step-by-step process that allows you to edit everything, and allows the submitter to be able to edit their own submissions. Link it to their account on the site and if they make a mistake, you can send them an email or somesuch. It doesn't really have to be user-friendly or intuitive...as long as it functions, and checks to make sure things are formatted correctly, and there's enough descriptive text to tell people what to do.

There will be several NDR schedules coming towards you later this week when we finalize them. I'll include the MiniFBM schedules then.

I'll be sure to spend several hours of my life to make sure there are no errors.
Quote from jasonmatthews :Simply make a league section, pm victor, and I am positive he would have no issue doing that for you

I didn't actually realise that it was possible to PM Victor; I'll do it now. Thanks.

Quote from dekojester :My big displeasure with your post was your tone...calling people attempting to contribute content to your website annoying and other such terms doesn't sit well at all. And I do understand how frustrating unformatted posts can be, with tracker input etc, but I simply explain politely and it gets sorted no big deal.

I did all my edits before you stated to remove the duplicate. Therefore your attack of me and calling me and my mistakes annoying was over the line for sure. If you had simply said "Oh, I see you did your edits before my post went through, could you please delete one of the duplicates" things would have gone over much better.

The user submission system could well be like a CMS...you approve things, and its' a very step-by-step process that allows you to edit everything, and allows the submitter to be able to edit their own submissions. Link it to their account on the site and if they make a mistake, you can send them an email or somesuch. It doesn't really have to be user-friendly or intuitive...as long as it functions, and checks to make sure things are formatted correctly, and there's enough descriptive text to tell people what to do.

There will be several NDR schedules coming towards you later this week when we finalize them. I'll include the MiniFBM schedules then.

I'm sorry for snapping at you Deko, but I considered to have asked you politely twice (the second time was 15 minutes before the time of your post), before getting short with you.

And fyi, using sharp language isn't the only way someone can be rude or disrespectful.

Having you submit so many incorrect schedules to me which have required correction has cost me a lot of time in the past - you might remember my asking you to be sure the last GTAL calendar was final before submission and having to make 3 more revisions before the season even started? Considering that at that point everything you'd ever submitted to me needed updating or resubmission later on, I've always felt your attitude towards me having to spend cumulatively hours of my time correcting your mistakes to be nonchalant given your often clear neglect when it comes to verifying that what you're submitting is correct as I so often ask you to do.

I appreciate what you do and I'm sure that the latest schedule you've posted is probably correct, but given how frequently in the past you've inconvenienced me without sincerely making the effort to make my life easier until about the 10th submission you made, I think you should stop moaning about the fact that I called you 'annoying' after having to ask something for what I perceived to be the third time. Anyway, does what I've described not sound annoying to you??

Quote :I'll be sure to spend several hours of my life to make sure there are no errors.

Yes, that would be the courteous thing to do.
Quote from joshdifabio :Having you submit so many incorrect schedules to me which have required correction has cost me a lot of time in the past - you might remember my asking you to be sure the last GTAL calendar was final before submission and having to make 3 more revisions before the season even started? Considering that at that point everything you'd ever submitted to me needed updating or resubmission later on, I've always felt your attitude towards me having to spend cumulatively hours of my time correcting your mistakes to be nonchalant given your often clear neglect when it comes to verifying that what you're submitting is correct as I so often ask you to do.

I appreciate what you do and I'm sure that the latest schedule you've posted is probably correct, but given how frequently in the past you've inconvenienced me without sincerely making the effort to make my life easier until about the 10th submission you made, I think you should stop moaning about the fact that I called you 'annoying' after having to ask something for what I perceived to be the third time. Anyway, does what I've described not sound annoying to you??

I have never once intended to cause you difficulties with any of my postings. For the pure fact of record, several other schedules had been submitted correctly prior to the bout of changes and errors in the last couple of months.

That you apparently sincerely believe that I haven't attempted to get things right and that I apparently seem to not care is utter garbage. I actually do attempt to get things right the first time, and do hate having to make you spend extra time to sort things, but have I ever done it intentionally? No. Never have, never will.

Yes, I appreciate that I may actually have been annoying with my errors and changes, but how can I control people not showing up to an event and having to change the schedule ? How can I control some of the things that have gone on? Not every change has been a result of my shortcomings, of which there are plenty.

I will no longer be submitting anything for your database, as I apparently have caused you nothing but trouble and strife. If the racers and others in NDR feel it necessary to have our events in your database, they are more than welcome to submit the events and I sure hope that they never make mistakes, since the mistakes I've made should last NDR the rest of our lifetime.

For every contribution I make to LFS, I guess that there is one thing that always overshadows it and turns it into a failure.

Feeling very unappreciated from anyone in this world right now...
Jonathan.
Quote from dekojester :I have never once intended to cause you difficulties with any of my postings. For the pure fact of record, several other schedules had been submitted correctly prior to the bout of changes and errors in the last couple of months.

That you apparently sincerely believe that I haven't attempted to get things right and that I apparently seem to not care is utter garbage. I actually do attempt to get things right the first time, and do hate having to make you spend extra time to sort things, but have I ever done it intentionally? No. Never have, never will.

Yes, I appreciate that I may actually have been annoying with my errors and changes, but how can I control people not showing up to an event and having to change the schedule ? How can I control some of the things that have gone on? Not every change has been a result of my shortcomings, of which there are plenty.

I will no longer be submitting anything for your database, as I apparently have caused you nothing but trouble and strife. If the racers and others in NDR feel it necessary to have our events in your database, they are more than welcome to submit the events and I sure hope that they never make mistakes, since the mistakes I've made should last NDR the rest of our lifetime.

For every contribution I make to LFS, I guess that there is one thing that always overshadows it and turns it into a failure.

Feeling very unappreciated from anyone in this world right now...
Jonathan.

Okay, well in reflection I guess I've overreacted. It's rare that anyone really responds to my angry posts in this thread so in this case I have, to an extent, taken a couple of months worth of frustration out on you - and in quite a personal manner for which I'm sorry.

I've also just recalled my lack of organisation the last time spdo was asked to guest drive in GTAL, and your patience with me at the time - so I'm sorry not to have extended the same courtesy to you in this instance.

Whether or not you, or someone else in NDR, contribute any further competitions to our system is up to you. I'll avoid being unfairly critical in future but I won't avoid being critical when it's warranted.
Hello joshdifabio! Happy 2010!

Can you add this?

CAPO
Formula BMW Summer 2010
20100108 Round 1 with FBM at BL1
2200 Qualifying for 10 mins
2215 Race for 20 laps
2245 Race for 20 laps
20100115 Round 2 with FBM at FE1R
2215 Race for 32 laps
2245 Race for 32 laps
20100122 Round 3 with FBM at SO1
2215 Race for 25 laps
2245 Race for 25 laps
20100129 Round 4 with FBM at AS1
2215 Race for 27 laps
2245 Race for 27 laps

All times are in GTM -3:00

Thank You
Hi josh:

Can you please add two groups to Session 8206, iTCC 2010 Round 1 Reserve Shootouts. Times: 1630 and 1700 UTC. We will be having the two groups.

Thanks,
dekojester
Thank you for hosting and supporting this great tool. I humbly submit the Winter Beater Cup schedule.

The Winter Beater Cup
20100114 Round 1 with RB4 at BL2
0230 Main Race 1 for 18 laps
0300 Main Race 2 for 18 laps
20100121 Round 2 with RB4 at KY2
0230 Main Race 1 for 10 laps
0300 Main Race 2 for 10 laps
20100128 Round 3 with RB4 at FE5
0230 Main Race 1 for 16 laps
0300 Main Race 2 for 16 laps
20100204 Round 4 with RB4 at WE1r
0230 Main Race 1 for 9 laps
0300 Main Race 2 for 9 laps
20100218 Round 5 with RB4 at FE6
0230 Main Race 1 for 40 laps
0300 Main Race 2 for 40 laps
20100225 Round 6 with RB4 at SO4
0230 Main Race 1 for 10 laps
0300 Main Race 2 for 10 laps
20100304 Round 7 with RB4 at BL2r
0230 Main Race 1 for 18 laps
0300 Main Race 2 for 18 laps
20100311 Round 8 with RB4 at AS7
0230 Main Race 1 for 9 laps
0300 Main Race 2 for 9 laps
Timezone: UTC

New Dimension Racing
Xmas Event 2009
20091218 Race with TBO & LRF at FE3
1830 Race for 2h

Replay is here, or do you want us to upload it manually?

EDIT: Time in UTC, btw.
Quote from Danke :Thank you for hosting and supporting this great tool. I humbly submit the Winter Beater Cup schedule.

*snip*

Quote from J@tko :*snip*

Replay is here, or do you want us to upload it manually?

EDIT: Time in UTC, btw.

Sorry guys, I'm unbelievably busy at the moment and I forgot about these.

I've added the NDR Xmas Event. I'll look at the Winter Beater Cup tomorrow.
Quote from joshdifabio :Sorry guys, I'm unbelievably busy at the moment and I forgot about these.

I've added the NDR Xmas Event. I'll look at the Winter Beater Cup tomorrow.

Quote :Not Found

The requested URL was not found on this server.

Thanks, though!
Quote :account suspended

if you are the account owner, you should have received a notification regarding this.
- if you have questions kindly open a support ticket via the control panel -

best regards,
your servage.net team

This thread is closed

Archived posts
(901 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG