The online racing simulator
Thanks !
(11 posts, started )
Thanks !
Just wanted to thanks everyone who bothered racing/adminning, especially during the last races of the season. The league was great when it lasted, and it's really weird to see how the interrest died for no apparent reason. Special thanks to Burnsy for his involvement as an admin, + Tim and Deko for the support

Oh and congrats to Niko, at least he can now say he has won something in his life
Don't say I'm not an admin, I spent 2 bloody hours redoing the rules post and it was still crap! Plus I was the one making the bad calls with the SC

Cheers for coming along guys, especially those who stuck with it. There was some great racing there, great potential, it's just a pity there weren't more drivers towards the end. The league was bound to fail as Lizardfolk created it - the worst example was round 2 (no offense, you're a great guy but you just can't do leagues). We didn't do too badly, mainly thanks to a certain person...

Most of all, thank you Burnsy. I didn't have the knowledge to run a league on my own when it was passed on to me. But you certainly did, thank you so much for taking this on. You were brilliant! And thank you to Deko and Wilko, you were a great help with SCing, adminning and sorting things out after the server went tits-up.

I hope everyone had fun, and I hope someone sees the potential in these cars and creates a better league
Quote from Timdpr :Don't say I'm not an admin, I spent 2 bloody hours redoing the rules post and it was still crap! Plus I was the one making the bad calls with the SC

Argh, sorry Tim... Oh well, at least you can't say I forgot to mention you

Quote :Cheers for coming along guys, especially those who stuck with it. There was some great racing there, great potential, it's just a pity there weren't more drivers towards the end. The league was bound to fail as Lizardfolk created it - the worst example was round 2 (no offense, you're a great guy but you just can't do leagues). We didn't do too badly, mainly thanks to a certain person...

Well, from the outside, Lizard didn't do a bad job, at least in my opinion... He promoted it nicely and did good job in the early stages. Of course there were some black holes in he rules, but well... Almost every set rules in these kind leagues have some controversial points
You can't really blame lizard for the league going bad, he wasn't even in charge of it while it was happening. If anything, it was whoever was running it that made it go down the drain.
Wasn't lizard's fault, he couldn't admin the series. If anything, it is the person who ran it's fault.
wasnt lizards fault at all guys. I think the admins did a HORRBILE job in my opinion so yea.
You haven't backed up your arguments at all. What did the admins do wrong? Some constructive criticism would be nice, otherwise your posts will just be deleted.

Leagues need to be set up well. They need to have good rules. They need to be advertised. I'm sorry to Lizard, but he has created various leagues, set them up badly, and they have failed. When Lizard left, Burnsy and I took it on. Deko helped greatly, as did Wilko. The league was a good idea, the cars were fun. We didn't want it to die.

I think you did a HORRIBLE job. Go look at the replay for round 2. No, actually look at it. You crashed into the SC. While it was going at the official SC speed. You argument for not slowing down was that you would get rear-ended. Oh, but look! You slowed down pretty thoroughly on the front straight without getting rammed. Saylor was a long way away from you, initially slowed down as he should have done, but when you accelerated away he followed. Show me where you got the idea he would rear-end you.

I'll take the blame for some of the R2 problems. No yellow flags where there should have been yellow flags. Because I followed the weird rules about how many cars you need for a caution instead of calling the yellow. Lap 16/17 - there is a 2 car crash, and then another car spins. It's clear there are cars stopped, and there is a clear route through them, which is the racing line. It may be wrong for whatever reason, but you don't argue a decision in the race. soggyfrenchfries, not even in the race, wrote "yellow?" Well there wasn't one, but if you want to cause one go on distracting everyone like that. Then Germano spins on lap 20 or so, maybe a yellow but he is clearly off the racing line. No one was expecting him to come back on so dangerously. Certainly Sidious asking "what the ****" then shouting "admin????" was uncalled for.

A short while later Ingram flips. There are clear rules about flips, that's a yellow. It comes out immediately, and Deko (the SC) immediately leaves the pits. So why the "5admin wake the **** up" Ingram? No chat, why can some people not comprehend simple rules?! Dickinson is a bit too close to the SC to have him fall in behind it - well no, he isn't, but is travelling 170mph when he should have been slowing down. I think you had time to slow down from the entrance to T3 to T1. So you had to go round again. Zoomed past the flipped car, slowed down quite nicely on the front straight and even found time to write "go safety car" when it had obviously already gone - you saw it earlier - and there was quite clearly a slow car just after T1. You should have been expecting a SC somewhere in the first sector, surely? But no, you and Saylor sped up. You didn't even brake for it until you were well within viewing distance of it.

You barely missed it, Sidious, but Saylor was even worse. How can you manage to be going ~150 mph when you meet the SC in the middle of a corner? He clipped the SC, then he did rear-end Sidious. If you are getting the excuse of him rear-ending you from this collision...um, you had no idea he would rear-end you before this, and that is where your excuse was excusing, if you know what I mean.

The server failed. If you are blaming the admins for this...:doh: There was no indication the server would do this, they were good and there has been no trouble before. CoRe very generously donated a server for out use after this. If you want us to use a server you trust, and you know is good, how about you pay for it? We trusted this one, and unfortunately it let us down.

Have a look at your posts Sidious. Maybe if you have a proper think about them, you'll realise how utterly stupid you look. Hell, I don't even know why I'm writing this post, it's only a select few...maybe ~3?...who are having a go at the admins. Nobody else supports you. But meh, I've got time to waste between Moto GP and F1.

Some quotes I like:

Quote from PMD9409 :Have you guys ever been in a league where there is an SC? You have to use common sense to know/find where it is.

Quote from burnsy1882 :Third, it's unfortunate to see people crash out during safety car periods, and we all want to remind drivers that you need to slow down as soon as you see the yellow show, and to keep your in-race awareness up during SCs so you can find the safety car without having to rely on someone telling you where it is.

Lastly, I've noticed AW has been spamming this subforum with announcements of their own league. First, this forum is not the appropriate place for that. Second, just because a race does not go the way you wished it did, that doesn't mean you should give up. In fact, it should fire you up more to blow every other racer away at the next race. Shit happens, and you need to learn to deal with it, during a race and after it.

Quote from burnsy1882 :Rules also state that the admins have the sole discretion on when to wave a yellow or not...

Massive post, badly written! But I think it gets the idea across. Hopefully it will stop some whiners, some whiners that have been very lucky to avoid bans from not only I-SCAR, but all NDR sanctioned events.
Ok, first of all, generally when a caution gets called, the safety car pulls out, not like 5 damn laps later, without warning anyone. Secondly, how the hell was I supposed to slow down when every other car is circle jerking around the track at high speed, while trying to find out if the safety car can get his thumb out of his ass and get out on the damn track? You obviously don't know what the hell you are talking about. And there were several occasions where there clearly should've had a caution called, but the admins did nothing. I'm done arguing with you guys about this, it's pointless. Good luck with your arguments.
Quote from SidiousX :Ok, first of all, generally when a caution gets called, the safety car pulls out, not like 5 damn laps later, without warning anyone. Secondly, how the hell was I supposed to slow down when every other car is circle jerking around the track at high speed, while trying to find out if the safety car can get his thumb out of his ass and get out on the damn track? You obviously don't know what the hell you are talking about. And there were several occasions where there clearly should've had a caution called, but the admins did nothing. I'm done arguing with you guys about this, it's pointless. Good luck with your arguments.

I'm sorry, but you didn't read my post at all, did you? Nor can you remember what happened, nor have you been bothered to watch the replay of the race you are complaining about! I've answered, and in my opinion proved you completely wrong on, every point you just raised. You are spouting the same crap over and over again without bothering to look at anything anyone trying to talk to you is saying.
Quote from SidiousX :Ok, first of all, generally when a caution gets called, the safety car pulls out, not like 5 damn laps later, without warning anyone. Secondly, how the hell was I supposed to slow down when every other car is circle jerking around the track at high speed, while trying to find out if the safety car can get his thumb out of his ass and get out on the damn track? You obviously don't know what the hell you are talking about. And there were several occasions where there clearly should've had a caution called, but the admins did nothing. I'm done arguing with you guys about this, it's pointless. Good luck with your arguments.

As I had said in that thread or in server to some other AW folk, the SC had NEVER waited for 5 laps to roll after an incident. The longest was the second lap because the yellow came out when too late to catch the field that lap or because of miscommunication on the leader's location.

d
Quote from Timdpr :I'm sorry to Lizard, but he has created various leagues, set them up badly, and they have failed.

Uhhh no...I've only created 1 and that was StormCup.

StormCup did sorta fail but that was because I was doing too many things at once and didn't carefully look at the special rules of oval racing. In fact, just to show you how gong-ho i went i actually had the broadcast of round 1 made and commentators recorded.

Of course, it kinda sucked and I should have paid more attention to the racing/marshaling/rule changes. In the end, it failed cause I didn't inform the drivers enough about any rule changes as i was too focused on my video editing. (I asked Storm Racing for help but no one was really available)

Then LOTA decided to take over the actual admin and it went on from there. StormCup became XSCC. Which was ran by CoRe and the most recently by RSR.

Thanks !
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG