The online racing simulator
Quote from WGooden :so.. what's happening with the pool 1 results.

At least top 2 made it over the finish line before the server crashed and we have the replay, so I will talk to the staff about this. I'd say the situation on lap 34 or the beginning of lap 35 is what counts.
Only difference will be that you guys won't get a DNF for not finishing your race
bozo - what a shame, I feel for you I really do!

I had a solid race, made just one mistake in the chicane, but not too much damage. The scariest thing was seeing Andy1080 and Fiendi catching me all the time. I took it for granted that Andy1080 would overtake me and take 8th, but Fiendi made a pitstop (presumably to fix damage) and was the fastest man on track catching me every lap!! Andy1080 did overtake me, but then put it in the wall which let me back through with 3 laps left. Then Fiendi was closing me down, but as he had been lapped, I made it to lap 35 and he didn't - close or what.

Anyway, finished 8th after starting 15th - I will take that. (especially as I seem able to stay connected to servers better these days)

See you all at Blackwood!!

Tim
Quote from Mrs FienDi :Unfortunately resetting will get you disqualified

What ? Aw come on, I had no idea of that rule, although I quickly scanned the new rules. I immediately put my car aside and disconnected when the host, DevilEST, told me to so it isn't like I objected or caused any problems for other racers, even not when I had damage I clearly slowed down and put my car aside! Is it 100% sure a disqualify or not ? Can I object against it ? I really did my very best...
Fireball, I have it, let me know your email address and I'll send it to you
Quote from GianniC :What ? Aw come on, I had no idea of that rule, although I quickly scanned the new rules. I immediately put my car aside and disconnected when the host, DevilEST, told me to so it isn't like I objected or caused any problems for other racers, even not when I had damage I clearly slowed down and put my car aside! Is it 100% sure a disqualify or not ? Can I object against it ? I really did my very best...

Me and FienDi have been running OLFSL for about 3 years now and no resetting -rule has been in the rules the whole time. The "new" rules are only an updated version of the old ones.

Resetting always means DSQ. You can object, just write a complaint and send it to Solar Hydro.

I wish I could go around it, but that wouldn't be fair to those who have been disqualified for the same reason before.
Quote from BurnOut69 :Fireball, I have it, let me know your email address and I'll send it to you

Replays will be on the site soon.
Pool 5:

first the good news: the first two, lowgoods and filur, had a very exciting battle for first for at least 10 laps or so. How do I know? I'll come to that.

First the (first) bad news: unfortunately I had a major crash in the chicane on lap 1. I had slight contact with the guy in front of me (forgot who, but sorry!) and on rebound was pushed into the armco - you know that place, on the entry where the damn curbstone is - following, i highsided probably taking out half the field (soo sorry, guys, but I couldn't help it). I landed on the side but was pushed over and turned around now facing in the wrong direction. So I let everybody pass, turned around and resumed. However, my car was so badly damaged that I had to pit one lap later. I kept going, now at least 30 seconds behind the field. But I knew that what happened to me could happen to anybody. And so it did - partly. Grudd's car was obviously also damaged quite heavily, so I was able to pass him pretty soon. He later pitted but kept going.

I also kept going, soon passing driverX* who was really limping. I passed him alright for the first time. A few laps later (say, ten or so, maybe even less), I came up to driverX again, who apparently already had been lapped by the entire field. I got very close to him in the last turn before start/finish, proceeding to pull up right beside him on the straight. Being on the straight, he could keep up speed better than I would have expected, though, and I therefore overlapped his car only a little going into the tunnel. I wasn't quite sure about the amount of overlap, though, but knowing he was one lap behind me already, I assumed, he would, in case, obey the blue flags and back off slightly to let me take the racing line. What a misapprehension! I came too close to the inside, touched his car and on rebound crashed into the armco and just took off - drilling a major hole into the thin air above South City. I'm sure it's still there, go have a look!

Well, that was the end for me, I landed on the roof and went to spectate the fabulous fight for positions 1 and 2. You really have to admire lowgoods' and filur's consistency and cold-bloodedness. They were always within half a second of each other, yet made not the tiniest mistakes.

cya next race

Linsen

*I left out the guys name, as I don't want this text to look like a naming/shaming-post. I actually thought, I would file a complaint at first, as I was really pissed. But seeing that I could have avoided the crash by staying further to the outside, I decided that it would be unfair to do so. But still: Knowing he was blue flagged, he should have backed off instead of putting up a fight, I think. After all, I was clearly much faster than him and I had a lot of catching up to do. I'm sure, finishing midfield would have been well possible for me.

I had to get that off my chest, I guess
Pool 6 was a hoot, nice and clean, only seen one or two minor bang ups. My car was unscratched at the end of 35 laps..didn't let the Chicane get to me at all, finished 8th.

Thanks for the races.

Onto Blackwood
Any complaint relating to the effect on points of resetting your car will be summarily dismissed.

Solar Hydro, Appeals Arbiter
Quote from BurnOut69 :

Thanks to NASSA for hosting and all the organization crew. Cya at next one!

It was just the NASSA Server, I believe Fiendi was your host, but you're welcome anyway
Quote from Solar Hydro :Any complaint relating to the effect on points of resetting your car will be summarily dismissed.

Solar Hydro, Appeals Arbiter

I'd like to complain about getting older and grayer, can I lodge an appeal?
Quote from AtomAnt :I'd like to complain about getting older and grayer, can I lodge an appeal?

LOL :chairfall
Quote from Linsen :I wasn't quite sure about the amount of overlap, though, but knowing he was one lap behind me already, I assumed, he would, in case, obey the blue flags and back off slightly to let me take the racing line. What a misapprehension!

I seriously think you should file a complaint!
Quote from Linsen :Pool 5: [...] You really have to admire lowgoods' and filur's consistency and cold-bloodedness. They were always within half a second of each other, yet made not the tiniest mistakes. [...]

If you could have seen me in real, you wouldn't talk about cold-bloodedness for sure. Actually I was sweating through all my clothes and did not blink for at least 20 mins when being chased by filur . Definitly one of my most thrilling OLFSL races.

It was pretty tricky to overtake, even when being slightly faster. I tried to do so when Ant was in front of me at the beginning of the race but failed several times until he spinned finally and the two of us filur and me could pass. Then filur had the same problem with me in front. Actually, filur, you could have passed in lap 28 when I made a minor mistake in the chicane and cleared the ideal line in the following turn, but you didn't take the chance... thx for a very clean fight though

One last comment: someone mentioned in the chat that I was trying to overtake after start in the chicane. Sorry, but I cannot agree. I was clearly in front of giant when entering into the turn, also I was keeping my line... there was no reason to touch me. I'm honestly sorry though, that this ended up in a crash for some cars behind.
#40 - swer
First race - real fun!
Pool 6

This was the first time I ever did a real race and I had great fun.
Unfortunately I was involved in a accedent in the first lap.
But then i had a nice fight with "(NASSA) ANT".
After that I tryed to catch up "Ragamuffi" but my times were too inconstant even if I did the secend best lap.

Thanks too all racers

Sory for bad spelling.
Quote from lowgoods :If you could have seen me in real, you wouldn't talk about cold-bloodedness for sure. Actually I was sweating through all my clothes and did not blink for at least 20 mins when being chased by filur .

I'm somehow glad to hear that, but couldn't see any of that through your helmet and racing suit .

@MrsFiendi:I'll give it a thought.
All my race consisted of for the most part was 25 fps at times that were most crucial to do fast laps and pass someone, and my parents telling me we had to leave NOW to go visit my grandmother... :o All is well, race wasn't that great... I was gaining position by position every so slowly, but then totally lost focus and was back down to 9th.

I seriously doze off with this UF1...zzzz

Anyways, it was a shocker seeing the server crash on the last lap.... I hope the standing order at the time of the crash is in effect for the finishing results. Only way you could do it in all fairness.
Quote from swer :Pool 6
After that I tryed to catch up "Ragamuffi" but my times were too inconstant even if I did the secend best lap.

Yeah, that Ragamuffi dude was pretty solid I managed to gain position no. 5 and was about steady 3-5 seconds behind the 4th position. I managed to rip the difference to 6th place holder 'muffi to about 8-9 secs, when during the last ten laps I had major problems getting past a racer who was a lap down and few tenths of a second slower than me. Somewhere during those laps I hitted a wall and knocked toes out from three wheels.
That wasn't enough of course, so I broke front right suspension (not totally: the meter was halfways) and that hurt lap times a bit. If it would have been one more lap, then I would've lost my place atleast to Ragamuffi.

Nice race No complaints, besides the usual
It was mostly good racing for me on server 5. I did not have a good set until race day, and I have been working on my (real) car for the last few days, so did not have time to practice. I bettered my hotlap time by .2 seconds in the race.

The first lap carnage at the chicane worked out for me. I did hit somebody though. I was slowed way down, there was a hole between wrecking cars, I aimed for it, and suddenly there was another car there. I have no idea where it came from, I will have to watch the replay. I hit it, and it flew off. Sorry.

I was then in 5th place, but slowly catching the 4th place car. I caught him, he went through the chicane, and wrecked, went flying through the air. I was braking, trying to make sure I did not get collected, but my rear brakes locked, and around I went. I think I held 4th place for all of about 2 seconds when the car behind, who had been gaining on us, passed me. I finished 5th.

Server worked flawlessly and Solar did a great job with the hosting. Thanks guys!

Oh, and the no resetting rule is a good one, and there for good reason. Like you said, you reset and found yourself back on the track. What if another car was going through there right then? You would have ruined their race.
Race one from a Hosts point of view!
Hi all.

Well I hosted Pools 3 and 4 then raced in Pool 8.

To start with we were worried about server (Pool 4 in !) it seemed a bit laggy before the race and there were a couple of disconnections. However once all non OLFSL racers were booted the server looked ok so I didn't move everyone to the NASSA server.

Things didn't go too bad as far as hosting goes, a couple of people did join on the late side, (please all try and arrive at least 5 minutes before it's time to line up the grid).

It took me a little longer to line up the grids yesterday, I knew I had several new OFLSL members in my pool and wanted to get everything across ok, sorry for the little delay to members who know the way we do it, but please bear with us.

The racing was pretty clean, a couple of people took too long in my opnion to spectate after being flipped, if this does happen to you, there is nothing you can do, just get out of the way, please don't endage the race of your fellow drivers.

Blue Flags - I think some people could have obeyed the blue flags a little more in my pools, but it wasn't too bad.

I did have one driver who seemed intent on unlapping himself, which is ok, but wasn't doing it very well and did bump the driver who was a lap ahead.
If you are in a position to unlap yourself, you must be careful, you may well be a little faster but if you are a lap down you do not get the right to blast past someone who is ahead of you on track.

But apart from that, I thought it went well, I thought all new members did a great job on such a tough opening race.

See you all at Blackwood with XFG - the classic combo, this should be a blast!
Well pool6 i was in and the person in front of me lost it on the chicane in the second lap and i tried to avoid him and could not, and in a panic i pressed the reset button, damm shame. Well done to every 1 esle. phoenix133, me
OOOooooo, pool 1server crash on last lap, that sh!t must have been orchistrated, was a good race to watch (Yes I watched UF1's going round a few corners for 35 laps) When the replay stopped at the end of lap 35 I was well annoyed because in the results WGooden beat Modoff, but Modoff was still ahead so I thought their was going to be some close racing at the end.

Glad to see their was no pile ups in pool 1, alot of mature driving in the 1st few laps to avoid crashes.

Well done all.
First I get the points and then I get them not ?

You gave them first in the table and I mean... Or you give them and keep them or you don't give them at all !! Now I'd like to have 23.0 points I earn please.
Quote from GianniC :First I get the points and then I get them not ?

You gave them first in the table and I mean... Or you give them and keep them or you don't give them at all !! Now I'd like to have 23.0 points I earn please.

Like I told you before, reset means DSQ.
You had the points for a while, because you managed to check the results when FienDi was still in the middle of creating them. DSQ points: 0

Event 1, SO Classic & UF 1000
(49 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG