The online racing simulator
Have read about the Pit exit line cuting.

Is it allowed to cut a bit the green on the left hand side on the start of the pit exit?

Or did we get then a 30sec. penalty?
yeh, on this track the pit exit is kind of risky...
How will it be handled if a driver touches or crosses the yellow line just a little bit?
would think you would try to take tarmac..

u can risk taking the grass but theres a bump there that may give u dmg and you could spin
I ´can´t find in the rules anything about how you find final positions as we are racing on different servers.

Can anyone from server 2 end better than someone from their class in server 1?

I think it would not be fair, if someone from server 1 for example have a lot of problems during the race and maybe a very bad performance. Then a good team from server 2 should be in front if that team has run a longer distance in total during the 16 hours.
Quote from Humbleridderen :I ´can´t find in the rules anything about how you find final positions as we are racing on different servers.

Can anyone from server 2 end better than someone from their class in server 1?

I think it would not be fair, if someone from server 1 for example have a lot of problems during the race and maybe a very bad performance. Then a good team from server 2 should be in front if that team has run a longer distance in total during the 16 hours.

I'm pretty sure it's all cobbled together on one tracker, so someone from any server could win.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :I'm pretty sure it's all cobbled together on one tracker, so someone from any server could win.

Just like last year, every server were running on the same tracker. I guess it should be the same this year.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :I'm pretty sure it's all cobbled together on one tracker, so someone from any server could win.

Quote from Damion1972 :Have read about the Pit exit line cuting.

Is it allowed to cut a bit the green on the left hand side on the start of the pit exit?

Or did we get then a 30sec. penalty?

I think we'll have some tires in the pit exit, so no one can cut over the grass.
Quote from commandermas :I think we'll have some tires in the pit exit, so no one can cut over the grass.

Good idea..
Quote from rcpilot :Yes, a few teams have gained from that in the past when no penalties were given and disconnects weren't reviewed. But, a lot of people are going to disconnect in the course of a 16h race with 80+ teams involved, and a vast majority of them will have their race hurt by it. Broadly giving everyone such a large penalty for a disconnect does far more harm to innocents and the overall ability to have a competitive race imo. You don't even really have to devote admin resources to it, just make it a protestable penalty to gain from a disconnect and most competitors would be happy to cry foul.

Quote from commandermas :A really good idea. We will have a try for that next year and if it works out, we'll stay with that rule.

If you really think it´s a "really good idea" why not trying it this year already? It´s a minor change to the rules and there is plenty of time to announce it.
I got a question...

What are the S1, S2 and S3 things?
Well since everyone can't fit on the one server...
-
(Tomhah) DELETED by Tomhah
Quote from r.kolz :if you really think it´s a "really good idea" why not trying it this year already? It´s a minor change to the rules and there is plenty of time to announce it.

+1.
Quote from commandermas :Usually, but if it wouldn't be penalized there would be teams, that could use it to make "faster" pitstops. One drivers joins because there is a driverchange coming. Oh the driver on track disconnects and immediately the new driver goes out with fresh tires and without a second of pitting.

Here is another idea ...

Why not give a 45 sec penalty for disconnects instead of one full lap. With a 45 sec penalty you would eliminate any advantage gained for a disconnect, and it would not be as hard as a full lap (almost 2 min or more for the NGTs).

just my $0.02 ...

EDIT: One more question, what are the details for the Teamspeak server?
Quote from vicbel :here is another idea ...

Why not give a 45 sec penalty for disconnects instead of one full lap. With a 45 sec penalty you would eliminate any advantage gained for a disconnect, and it would not be as hard as a full lap (almost 2 min or more for the ngts).

Just my $0.02 ...

Edit: One more question, what are the details for the teamspeak server?

+1!!!
Quote from R.Kolz :I´ve to agree with rc pilot on this one. I´m not sure about all of the facts of an intentional DC, but you admins should try to find some better way then just add a +1 lap penalty to a team which possibly then will lose almost 2 laps (~200 secs.), in case they´d suffer a DC just just before the start finish line. The solution you present here doesn´t sound very elegant to me and might deserve a closer look at.

The questions to me (keeping the subject FXR/XRR engine damage out of it as here teams will make their own decisions anyways.. ) are:

1.What´s the maximum time a team could gain on a intentional DC?
Isn´t it something like refuel, tire change in- and outlap? A 30-40 secs all in all ?

If this is correct:

2.Any better way to eleminate this possible advantage?
How about:
Any DC´s before 1st split (which is at 30-35 secs. for all car classes at AS7r ) would mean SG penalty for the team, all other DC´s would NOT become punished as no time advantage could be gained on it? True?

I agree with Rudi here, DC penalties should depend on split, giving a full lap loss penalty its kind of unfair
I'm for no penalty, 30 sec, or 45 sec penalty for disconnects. +1 lap is just too much IMO.
Quote from vicbel :Here is another idea ...

Why not give a 45 sec penalty for disconnects instead of one full lap. With a 45 sec penalty you would eliminate any advantage gained for a disconnect, and it would not be as hard as a full lap (almost 2 min or more for the NGTs).

just my $0.02 ...

EDIT: One more question, what are the details for the Teamspeak server?

Because the tracker only allows full penalty laps. Otherwise we would have given 25 or 30 seconds and not a whole lap.

I had some problems with the teamspeak server, but everything you need will be published thursday
Quote from BinBalde :+1.

+1 too

It´s a extremely hard penalty to be disconnected and with all what this includes of side effects and in top of that get a 1 lap penalty.

Let it be up to the drivers to complain about a certain suspicious DC. Then it could be penalized with 1 lap for example.
This rule isint so perfect as it could be.

MY soliution. All timeouts between 1-25 lap of stint start for GT2 for eg is no penalty, but if you get timed out in 25-35 laps zone you will get penalty as this can be profit for team, but this rule is bad again as you can be very unlucky and get this penalty.

BTW this idea with 1st split is pret good too
Which top league has an auto-penalty for discos?

I think there should be no penalty. Suspicious cases can always be protested...
Quote from Gil07 :
I think there should be no penalty. Suspicious cases can always be protested...

We will have an adminmeeting on thursday maybe we will change the rule in last minute.

@Intermediate: Teamspeak is not required.
Once again, suprisingly, can't find any information on the existence of the IRC channel.

IIRC we had one last year. And since we don't plan on using teamspeak, I hope you are using IRC.

Just asking, are we going to get a proper drivers briefing thread with all the info in the same place before the race?
can i ask with car will be used for safety car?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG