The online racing simulator
#1 - Tez4
Sorry for my "driving" today.
I want to apologize to anyone that my "car" screwed up in today's race. For anyone wondering how I could have been so bad for qualifying into the P5, here is the reason. I did not actually race today, I had a work related obligation come up just a day before the race so I got a substitute driver so I would not lose points. I told him to be very careful, and I think he did a pretty good job (from the replay), but he did make some rookie mistakes. I am so dissapointed I could not race today because I have been looking forward to this day for over two weeks. Hopefully next time I will be free. Once again, I am extremely sorry for any inconviences I (my car) caused in competition today. I hope I have not created a bad reputation for myself now. I can't wait till next race.

Tez
#2 - Atixt
Well i was one of the racers in your pool, and i think u better couldnt have started at all (your car) the sub was going like 1.06 laps tops while the rest drove a 3 a 4 seconds faster most laps.
also i think that u should be disqualified for letting someone else race for you. nothing personal offcourse but u get me
#3 - Tez4
Quote from Atixt :Well i was one of the racers in your pool, and i think u better couldnt have started at all (your car) the sub was going like 1.06 laps tops while the rest drove a 3 a 4 seconds faster most laps.
also i think that u should be disqualified for letting someone else race for you. nothing personal offcourse but u get me

Maybe that is what I should have done. They can disqualify me if they want to, I just want it to be fun for everyone.
Staff
Well being a staff member, I do not think that having a sub driver do your race is wrong. After all, most real life racing leagues have reserve drivers incase of injury etc. Obviously the other staff may have other views so will advise them of your thread and see what they think.

However I think anyone who needed to have a sub driver should have this verified by the OLFSL staff first, especially if the reserve driver is either a new member or significantly slower or faster than you are.

All staff can be contacted by email from the OLFSL site, I think your first port of call should be Mrs FienDi then whoever is designated to host your race (which will be on the grid page on Saturday).

This is because the pools are balanced on your own speed, for example if you got into pool one with a fast hotlap, and your reserve driver was slow like me and can only manage the get into lower pools then they could be a danger to the legitimate fast guys. (and vice versa of course, faster drivers in slower pools can be a danger and will have unfair advantage).
Quote from russraine :
However I think anyone who needed to have a sub driver should have this verified by the OLFSL staff first,

Good idea... Maybe every team should have a page especially for this as a lot of the older (and some younger) are too busy working to be playing all the time!!
Quote from russraine :Obviously the other staff may have other views so will advise them of your thread and see what they think.

Thanks. The complaint obviously changes things! We have to think about this.

Quote from russraine :However I think anyone who needed to have a sub driver should have this verified by the OLFSL staff first, especially if the reserve driver is either a new member or significantly slower or faster than you are.

All staff can be contacted by email from the OLFSL site, I think your first port of call should be Mrs FienDi then whoever is designated to host your race (which will be on the grid page on Saturday).

I agree with this part.

So who exactly was driving the car last night?
A complaint was registered for Pool 5 against Tez (in the context of Blue Flags), but it did not encompass the 'substitute driver' issue, since this was unknown (also to me, the Host of the race).

The fact that a substitute was used will be taken into account by the Appeals Arbiter in formulating a decision, which may quite possibly involve a special penalty and issuing a new rule.

Solar Hydro, Appeals Arbiter
I don't blame you for having a go with a substitute driver, but I personally think the concept should be made against the rules.

There are too many variables: is the sub driver way faster or way slower? Does the sub know the racing rules? Do they know to spectate if they flip? Do they know what a blue flag is? Is the league driver just claiming to be unavailable to drive and is really just substituting a ringer to gain more points? (Tez, I am NOT saying this was the case with you.)

Plus, this is really an individual event even though there are team and national standings.

Here is the key: A real driver won't get points if somebody else drives for them in any real racing series that I am aware of. So a substitute driver should not be allowed.

Teams can substitute drivers to get points towards a constructors or team championship, but drivers don't work the same way.
#10 - Tez4
Sorry about all this mess guys, I definitely did not want any trouble. I have no problem with it if they take my points away, I just would like to have a chance to race in the next event. Sorry for my irresponsibilty, I have learned from my mistake.

Tez
Omg
Tez was not driving?!?!

I knew it! lapping in the 1.06's when he quali with a 1.02

He ruined my race too.......

I came up to lap him whilst leading the race with a 2-3 second lead, he blocked me in the chicane (seemingly ignoring BLUE FLAG), loosing all of my momentum allowing 2nd place man lowgoods to catch up.

With lowgoods right on my bumper I held him off for 7 - 8 laps before I finally made a mistake which dropped me to third.

If Tez was not in the way @ the chicane lowgoods would not of caught me so easily & I was in with a good chance of winning the race.

nice one Tez!

I am officialy naming & shaming you. I hope you are banned from OLFSL for at least 2 races & stripped of all your points!

You have no respect for other drivers or the organisers who give a lot of thier time & servers so that we can have close fun racing.
Quote from Tez4 :Sorry about all this mess guys, I definitely did not want any trouble. I have no problem with it if they take my points away, I just would like to have a chance to race in the next event. Sorry for my irresponsibilty, I have learned from my mistake.

Tez

We're not kicking you out, so you will be allowed to participate in the future, but the fact that a complaint was registered against you (blue flag rule) will most likely mean a penalty of some kind. Will it be DSQ, a time penalty or something else, that I don't know. That is up to Solar Hydro.

What I do know is that it will be mentioned in the OLFSL rules somehow before the next event.
will Solar take my post as an official complaint?
Quote from anttt69 :will Solar take my post as an official complaint?

No, but you can email it to him
Don't be too
Don't be too hard on Tez

Firstly there is no rule at the moment about sub drivers, so he didn't break any black and white rules.

I do think it was wrong not to ask the staff first, but it is not the worst crime to have graced OLFSL.
Hey, least he apologized! thats good enough for me!
Quote from robhardyuk :Hey, least he apologized! thats good enough for me!

I agree . He was telling the truth instead of hiding it, so I think the Appeals Arbiter should judge him only for the ignorance of Blue Flag and not for the driver replacement...
I have already announced that the driver substitution issue will be addressed. I will clearly distinguish the race from the driver substitution issue.

Solar Hydro
Yeah, don't be too hard on Tez, guys. He mailed me and personally apologized for his substitute and for the fact that he had one. That doesn't give me the points I could have earned of course, but he's taking responsibility for it and to me that's what matters most. I still think that it's not right to have somebody else race for you without notice to the staff, but as was said before: He did not violate any _written_ rule.

Independent of this certain incident, and since the staff is thinking about implementing a new rule: I think it would be better if that rule said that substitute-racers are not allowed. For the same reasons Hallen mentioned.

Cheers,

Linsen
Quote from sidi :@Tez4 and if your friend had done well and won the pool would you have mentioned any of this

I hope OLFSL will never implement a rule that would let another driver take over from the one that has qualified for the event i just think it's morally wrong

:iagree:

It's ridiculous letting someone else drive either faster or slower than yourself.
well the least he could of done was find a decent driver to race for him!

4 sec's off the pace on a 62sec lap, was more like a rolling road block than a competitor :moped:

appologies accepted (to err is to be human)
Lol, that's unlucky I suppose, I guess if this ever happens again and the staff know about it the driver should have to start last in the last pool or if he can prove he can hold the pace, keep his origional pool but still having to start last.

OR we could just scrap the idea and subbing will not be aloud.
sub
i think subbing will be banned!
tez situation
what was the result of this? ban/points taken away or what?
Be patient, it will be published when the decision has been made.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG