The online racing simulator
Ay! I did 3 last year ill have you know!
Wow, this is going to be a busy October... 2 MoE races and the 16h! Do we really need to have it all bunched up so much?
Quote from Gil07 :Wow, this is going to be a busy October... 2 MoE races and the 16h! Do we really need to have it all bunched up so much?

And also last race of IGTC 1 week before start of MoE
And also i have to sleep some times its rabbit sesion,i do so much ...
Blackwood ftw
I actually hated Blackwood for the longest time, then after the IGTC race this past season I didn't hate it as much. :P

Now my hatred is pointed towards AS5.

/runs
Quote from pmd9409 :i actually hated blackwood for the longest time, then after the igtc race this past season i didn't hate it as much.

now my hatred is pointed towards as5.

/runs

+1 :d
Blackwood isn't a very well suited track to the GTR's, it's probarly the worst track for them, they're are pleanty of other exiting tracks that we could run, my first MoE race was at Aston GT, that track rocked, where did it go?
Quote from Bawbag :Blackwood isn't a very well suited track to the GTR's, it's probarly the worst track for them, they're are pleanty of other exiting tracks that we could run, my first MoE race was at Aston GT, that track rocked, where did it go?

because it's, apart from 2 corners exactly the same as Aston Grand Prix.
Wouldn't that be a reason to dump the 24 hour or ASGP to 24 hour of ASGT.....
Quote from Bawbag :Wouldn't that be a reason to dump the 24 hour or ASGP to 24 hour of ASGT.....

Thinking about the TBA: All the remaining tracks (BL, FE) are rather narrow (compared to the wide/fast tracks like KY and AS), so we might as well just pick one for a "variety" in the schedule.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :

Drivers and teams,

The proposed schedule for the 2009-2010 season of the Masters of Endurance follows. Please note that round 5's venue is not yet set, pending possible content changes in the upcoming patch.
  1. 12 Hours of Kyoto GP Long†: October 3rd, 12:00 UTC
  2. 6 Hours of South City Long: October 31st, 14:00 UTC
  3. 6 Hours of Westhill International: November 28th, 14:00 UTC
  4. 24 Hours of Aston GP: January 16th, 16:00 UTC
  5. 6 Hours of *: February 13th, 14:00 UTC
  6. 6 Hours of Kyoto National: March 13th, 14:00 UTC
  • GT1 qualifying for each event will take place the Sunday and Friday before the event, at 19:00 UTC.
  • GT2 qualifying for each event will take place the Sunday and Friday before the event, at 19:40 UTC.
  • Each qualifying session for each class will be 30 minutes long.
†: For this race weekend we will be using a slightly modified version of the "Boothy chicane," which will be uploaded soon.

*: Will based on either:
a) A new track release per patch, or...
b) A vote among the teams participating in the series, choosing from a list of admin-provided options (in the case that a) is not an option).

... let's see who's faster: The Dev's Rockingham or the MoE racers
Given the current situation that:
a) a release date for Rockingham is not set
b) Rockingham needs a S3 license
it is at this moment very unlikely to include this track in the upcomming MoE season. We admins don't want to force / rush you midseason to buy a license just to participate in an event.
Unless Scawen slips you a cheque. In which case a 50, 000 point penatly will be applied if you don't take part at the Rockingham event.
Dates for the first three rounds have been updated.
New chicane layout for KY3 added to OP.
Some eagle-eyed soul (*cough*BreadC*cough*) noticed that the apex pole in the new chicane was changed from Boothy's original chicane to the one I uploaded to the OP. I've now fixed this and out the pole back to its original place. The tires have also been changed so that they are closer to the apex, though there's still room to put about half a car over the curb (and through the pole) and not hit the tires. The new layout has been uploaded to the OP. I've also uploaded the new chalk texture to the OP.

Regarding the poles:
  1. In qualifying, touching a pole or tire will result in the invalidation of the current lap.
  2. In the race, poles can be touched provided it's not a repeated, intentional maneuver. Touching tires without due cause (being in an accident/avoiding an accident) is a more serious matter and will be investigated.
imo the poles should be removed from part a of the chicane and 2 or 3 stacks of tall tyres placed there like in real GT/touring car racing and because it's just better.
Quote from BenjiMC :imo the poles should be removed from part a of the chicane and 2 or 3 stacks of tall tyres placed there like in real GT/touring car racing and because it's just better.

I have to agree on this one. The poles have never before prevented or never will prevent anyone from cutting the chicane. Tyres or maybe even concrete is the way to go (with tyres you can mess others race but with concrete you'll just end up messing your race if you try to cut).
The organization most probably dont want to kill anyone, but to check repeated shortcutting. Poles are a good way of achieving this
Quote from BurnOut69 :The organization most probably dont want to kill anyone, but to check repeated shortcutting. Poles are a good way of achieving this

They're not, because during the race they'll never actually be in position for more than a few seconds at a time.

Imo we should have a concrete barrier, with poles extending for another 50cm or so. That way if people want to cut the poles they can but eventually they'll probably hit the barrier and destroy their car.

As it is right now there's no penalty for cutting, because it'll be too tough for the admins to moderate and as we've seen in the past they won't actually do so during the race. Tyres wouldn't work either because they punish the person behind the cutter, not the cutter themself.
Well I'm all for a barrier, so long as there's one at T1 and the final corner, AS5's final chicane, BL1's chicane, WE1's chicane, KY2's first complex...
Poles = constant questionable calls on whether a car is cutting or not
Tires = kill innocent cars behind the actual cutter.
Barriers = will end up with (at least) one team complaining because they were pinched/spun into the barriers and it ruined their race.

I'll go with any, they all have there ups and downs.
imo tyres is best, it's easier to pick out in terms of hitting your apex and at such a low speed wont affect your car much if you happen to run into them.
i would haveto agree with benji on this one, tyres imo are the best option. even if you hit them, it wont cause any damage because the speed you are going is quite slow. poles, well everyone knows why they suck. half the time they arnt even in position. barrier- if someone taps you into them then you are gonski

S09-10: Schedule
(59 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG