The online racing simulator
#1 - Tez4
OLFSL Site Down
Okay, this is crazy.

I have been checking for the last several hours and I cannot get to the OLFSL site. I really want to see the grids and find out when I am supposed to race later today. I also cannot believe that no one is talking about this here. If the server is not really down and it's just my problem, then why is no one talking about the actual grid lineups. It is like the whole world has just stopped for the last 6 hours. I am very confused.

Tez
Site working fine here
Not working for me Was down several hours ago too. Probably some DNS issue.
don't work here too
http://www.lfs-league.com
Is down, but luckily there is a backup:

--sorry, not an official backup
Working fine here..

The backup is only for emergencies, so normally that's not public info.. sorry, but we had to erase the url..

I'll email the details to those of you who can't access the site for some reason.

When was the last time you were able to access the site? What does it say now?
I can't get into the site either - and the race is today
Ok, since the problem seems to be bigger, I'm going to publish the grids here in another thread. Will take a while..
#9 - Rolle
I can't reach the site either, looks like some DNS thing?

The requested URL could not be retrieved

While trying to retrieve the URL: http://www.lfs-league.com/
The following error was encountered:
Unable to determine IP address from host name for www.lfs-league.com

The dnsserver returned:
Server Failure: The name server was unable to process this query.

This means that: The cache was not able to resolve the hostname presented in the URL. Check if the address is correct. Your cache administrator is root.
its ok I know im in pool 9 :-) just was for the passwords for tonight
Okay, done all I can. If it still doesn't work post here. My lfs-league mail will not propably work so please use this: fiendi(at)pp.inet.fi

If nothing else helps, we go to backup. Keep in mind it's located in my PC, so it will shut down when racing/hosting.
Quote from Mrs FienDi :Working fine here..

The backup is only for emergencies, so normally that's not public info.. sorry, but we had to erase the url..

I'll email the details to those of you who can't access the site for some reason.

When was the last time you were able to access the site? What does it say now?

I was last able to access the site about 5 or 6 hours ago by the time I am posting this. Somewhere around there +/- 1-2 hours from that estimate maybe . But it doesn't say a thing, it is like it is blocking IPs or the DNS isn't working for some of us.

If you changed something with the domain, then that usually takes 24 to 48 hours to change. Usually people that are closer to the domain, those DNS servers get updated right away, but most people it takes a day to get working. Most of us could access the site with the IP of the website, that would work. Might aswell post it here for the time being.

Whatever you do, please post info regarding the race here, because I am scared I'd be left out of a server or something because I wouldn't know what is going on since the site is down

BTW, good job on the logo... I am happy you made one for yourself
The site moved to another webhotel a few months ago, but I guess that's not the reason you guys can't access it. Nothing else has been done by us.
Could be something with the hosting company or whoever provides your DNS. Stuff like this happens
FienDi has to give you that info, I don't know much about it
Still not working?
#17 - S0ul
hmmmm, i know im in pool 5 and i know the password....but i dont know which server it is and what time it is....could someone who knows please tell me?thanks in advance
edit: oh,i see someone is already postin^^thx anyway
Quote from varjsa-9 :Still not working?

nope
#19 - S0ul
can someone explain me the time thingy...somehow i noticed that on the olfsl webstie england was GMT+1 and germany +2, but its supposed to be GMT and GMT+1... im in germany, and its almost 12.00am here,which time is it in the OLFS time?^^
I think Germany and Sweden, etc.... is GMT +2

It's summertime now, and GMT +1 during winter....
#21 - S0ul
so,if the race starts 18.00pm im gonna race 20.00pm here...did i get that right
same problem lfs league cant be found. was fine last night.
Same here, Im getting a 404
Quote from S0ul :so,if the race starts 18.00pm im gonna race 20.00pm here...did i get that right

yes, you're in pool 5, staring 20.00
I remember I was in pool 9 and that starting time was 18:00 CET, but I dont recall the host. Anyone?
This thread is closed

OLFSL Site Down
(26 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG