The online racing simulator
Event 1, SO Classic & UF 1000
Just opening this for discussion about the race, pre and after.
I'm guessing the biiggest problem of the race is following a car with the roof on through the chicane, even when backing off a little to be safe you can still end up causing a big pile up.

Hopefully this isn't an issue in the races and there are no real accidents.

Good luck to all involved and I hope to be back and active for the next event.
I think it will get a quite close race if you look at the hotlap-times. But I'm sure if you make a single small mistake - you'll be out. If you drive constant and don't make mistakes you can win the race. There is not much inbetween losing and winning the race.

AND: I'm afraid of the chicane too.. got shot out at nearly every first lap in NASSA preraces..
Nassa servers are now closed to others than racers asigned to OLFSL races (14/05/06) passwords in Effect.

Thanks Again for using Nassa, a Supporter of OLFSL 2006.

(Nassa) ANT.
per NASSA

Servers will open 35 mins before event. TY

No joining in LAST 5 MINUTES...be Early...!
lol had a little practice race this morning on the server - could i please inform you lot that 3 cars doesnt go into that chicane lol - from personal experience - one car ended on the moon and i think i ended up in a tree with the middle car whistling nonchalently as he drove off ...
I hope Pool #1 can start right away with no delays, because right after I need to hop in the shower and go see some relatives. Running a tight schedule here

I hope the race is good. Most of us from Pools 1 & 2 were racing on a public server and I noticed a lot of people going for really stupid passing attempts.

For example, people are trying to pass entering the chicane, and the first turn/hairpin. Trying to pass there creates so many accidents, so please... if you are not along side the person before the turn (or ahead of them by a bit), please don't go for the pass :zombie: We found the racing to be much safer and closer when you could keep the racing close by backing off a bit if you know you are in a dangerous position to attempt a pass. So take it easy out there!!! Please!

I imagine a lot of crashes happening, it's gonna be ugly. (Would've preferred UF1 @ FE1 to be honest, much more fun).
Good luck everyone !

I'll hope I won't go out in a crash, starting pre-last in my pool so...if they're being stupid in front of me I or crash or lose a lot of time because I've to brake and avoid the crash scéne.. Oh well !

Keyboard Power !
...and trying to just finish the race
Quote from Bawbag :I'm guessing the biiggest problem of the race is following a car with the roof on through the chicane, even when backing off a little to be safe you can still end up causing a big pile up.

Hopefully this isn't an issue in the races and there are no real accidents.

Good luck to all involved and I hope to be back and active for the next event.

Yeah, and I hope at least most people will drive with the roof off for that reason. Also, the site has been down like all night, I don't know the pw so hopefully it'll be back up soon.

-eh, nvm. just saw the posts below this.
Going tóó fast isn't good Gooden..
It says on the website that the pool 9 race is at 4pm GMT - do we take BST in effect - i.e. its 3:18pm GMT - is the race in 45 minutes or an hour and 45 mins ?
GMT time never changes. BST is currently (Summer Time) GMT+1 I believe.

Solar Hydro
#12 - th84
Thanks to all in pool 6, and smidge for hosting! Congrats to bbman for the win! See ya for race #2!!
Pool 9 -

Well, for me the race was a blast!! Zienki and me had a one on one for the whole thing and traded paint several times, though it was always super-clean racing.

The rest of the field was ok at lapping, even if some people were busy with their own fights and didnt care too much about marshalls waving...but it was ok overall

ONE thing I didnt like, though...there was a guy that wasnt listed in our pool and raced with us. I have nothing against that, but this guy was 2 seconds faster than the rest of us and spoiled the fun a bit...needless to say he ran away and won.

Thanks to NASSA for hosting and all the organization crew. Cya at next one!
Quote from th84 :Thanks to all in pool 6, and smidge for hosting! Congrats to bbman for the win! See ya for race #2!!

Yeah, was a great race... Start-finish-victory for me, and I had very exiting battles with th84, who was 1 lap behind... Thx mate, you kept my concentration levels up (though raised my adrenalin-level a bit)...
At first, I didn't even know that you were 1 lap behind, because I deactivated the position list... Glad it turned out that well for me...
Aw man I'm bloody nervous for mine
I would like to thank everyone thats putting there time and effort in this for us racers too enjoy

I only got this game only 1 week ago and online events like this is the best there is.

You dont have to be a real expert at this game to compete, with so many pools you will be put in a pool that suits your speed.

My first race went ok, I was dead scared to crash in too the wall in chickane every lap so I was 1.5 sec of my pb, but it was a trill!

Im hooked on this now!
lol or you end up on your arse like me :'( I smashed it going into the pits on lap 2
#19 - bozo
Pool 7. My shortest race ever - pushed into barriers at chicane on lap 1 and flipped over

Can't wait for the replay!

At least there's 9 more races to go

EDIT: I've now watched replay - I have only myself to blame. I will write out 100 times 'do not skid when someone is close behind you' ... live and learn!
Pool 7

Race started (unexpected ) great for me... Started 14th (prelast) and after 2 laps I was 5th, with a pass, with some luck too. Anyway, I'm doing low 1.03, everything is going ok and then.... My mum comes in. I crashed and went to the pits, meanwhile went a side for the blue flag, I flip over at the border in the pitlane. I reset my car, ending back on track. *g*
I drive around -carefully to not cause any crashes- a lap, go back to pits, do my pit, drive out and then our host (Devilest) tells me to go spec since resetting isn't allowed (which I didn't knew).

a) Fiendi's, do you want to be my parents ?
b) Someone can send me replay of pool 7, I'm going to make a comedy movie about my race...
c) Why is resetting not allowed ?
d) I did not finish the race (DNF) - I was in Pool 7 -> I now get 23.0 points ?

God...can't wait until I'm doing my 1st year at uni and I finally live on my own and can race in full screen, don't have to hide it, put sound on and perhaps even use a wh.. !!
so.. what's happening with the pool 1 results.
does anyone have a replay for pool 9 i want to replay my horror : (
pool 7 errr i didnt crash, gained some places... then i crashed... then i crashed again......... rolled over and pressed reset so gave up two laps later realising that pressing reset was against the rules.
Quote from GianniC :a) Fiendi's, do you want to be my parents ?

LOL

Quote from GianniC : b) Someone can send me replay of pool 7, I'm going to make a comedy movie about my race...

Sure It'll be on the site as soon as we get it.

Quote from GianniC : c) Why is resetting not allowed ?

It's only allowed in special circumstances like long MRT races for example. These special circumstances will be announced well before the race.

OLFSL Rules: Resetting of your vehicle is not allowed. If your vehicle should become inoperable due to flipping onto its roof, getting stuck in sand, being highsided on a guardrail, etc etc, you may not reset the car. You may choose to go into Spectate mode without penalty, which is also recommended if your car is flipped over in or near the driving line. Limping to the pits with a heavily damaged car while being in the way of racers will be considered unsportsmanlike behavior (see penalties). Also, OLFSL hosts are allowed to force racer to spectate if he/she refuses to do so himself/herself. As LFS is becoming more realistic, so must our rules.

Quote from GianniC : d) I did not finish the race (DNF) - I was in Pool 7 -> I now get 23.0 points ?

Unfortunately resetting will get you disqualified

Quote from GianniC : God...can't wait until I'm doing my 1st year at uni and I finally live on my own and can race in full screen, don't have to hide it, put sound on and perhaps even use a wh.. !!

LOL
lol you mean me sitting on my side being mocked by the rest in my pool earned me points ? get in

Event 1, SO Classic & UF 1000
(49 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG