The online racing simulator
Event 5 - XRT @ Westhill
XRT at Westhill.

Qualified 3rd in Pool 4. Disliked the car and there were tyre problems (overheating). Tweaked the set with aid from AtomAnt. Went very well, when driving careful I could do all 25 laps without a pitstop, so that was my race strategy: slow, but without errors nor stop. Plan got a bit fooled by 'no mandatory pit stop needed for this race'-rule, nevertheless it went smooth.

Great start, after one lap I was 1st and stayed that way for the entire race. One tiny error, for the rest constant driving doing my laps perfectly. Builded up a gap up to 10 seconds and then did some tyre saving. Halfway the race I boosted my lap times again to drive faster and got a gap of 20-22 seconds. Kept that constant again for the tyres and the started doubling people. Last three laps I went on full power again and did a new PB (still slow, but oh well!).

Finished and won my first OLFSL race. Thank you Ant for the setup, thank you Pool for respect the blue flag nicely and for the good race.

Excuse me now, I got to deliver my victory flowers and my nice golden cup to Tiffany!

Was a nice race in pool1. We had nice 4 km/h breeze so no problems on the corners. Started 11th and finished 7th. As usual i lost one place (6th) on last lap My tires were dying at the end. Other than that almost perfect race from me. My best finnish in in olfsl this year. I saw some nice cutting in there but nothin serious
First of all, GRATS GianniC

As for myself ... the race went as i had feared.
I qualified 10th in a pool where i would be slow as hell ... and that is exactly how it was.
I went off in T2 in the laglap ... the actual start put me back near the end of the train of cars and i had no chance of keeping anyone behind me.
I was able to overtake people who went off the road or made pitstops and was slowly crawling back to the top 10.
Being 9th and with [KA]Walaran in my back i started to wake up and was putting down some better laptimes until ... my car went from 4th gear into reverse in a medium fast corner.
One big slide (thank god i ended in the grass) and i was 11th again.
It all went downhill from there as my engine sounded broken and the car seemed to get stuck in gears often.
Another downshift from 2nd to 1st while accelerating from the last corner was the sign of a damage car and i had to slow down a bit.
My tires were fine nearly all race most likely due to my slower laps ...
I didn't have much of a fight with anyone ... it was pretty boring for me.

In the end it's clear i belong in the last pool where i do have people to race with.

Grats to all the winners, i am looking forward to watching the replays.
Have a great holiday and see you all in September.

- a disappointed Rookie41
Quote from GianniC :XRT at Westhill.

Qualified 3rd in Pool 4. Disliked the car and there were tyre problems (overheating). Tweaked the set with aid from AtomAnt. Went very well, when driving careful I could do all 25 laps without a pitstop, so that was my race strategy: slow, but without errors nor stop. Plan got a bit fooled by 'no mandatory pit stop needed for this race'-rule, nevertheless it went smooth.

Great start, after one lap I was 1st and stayed that way for the entire race. One tiny error, for the rest constant driving doing my laps perfectly. Builded up a gap up to 10 seconds and then did some tyre saving. Halfway the race I boosted my lap times again to drive faster and got a gap of 20-22 seconds. Kept that constant again for the tyres and the started doubling people. Last three laps I went on full power again and did a new PB (still slow, but oh well!).

Finished and won my first OLFSL race. Thank you Ant for the setup, thank you Pool for respect the blue flag nicely and for the good race.

Excuse me now, I got to deliver my victory flowers and my nice golden cup to Tiffany!

You did a great job lad, Congrats on the first win (Still waiting on that one).

Glad the set helped, and thanks again for the tribute skin
God Bless yah GC
Bad race for me, all down to the tires - I raced using a Quali set.
Okay we finally wrote news and I made my video's for this round. We've been waiting for final results to be posted, but we just couldn't wait anymore.

You can take a look at My3id's race report in here.
And I made a video of my hotlap and my race highlights for this round too.

Read highlights video description to find out more about my feelings on this race.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG