Preview - Event 6 - XRR & FZR @ Kyoto GP Long Reverse
Hey everyone,

first of all i hope you're enjoying your holidays (if you have them, unlike me).

So the next race is at the Kyoto Ring on the GP Long Reverse track with either the XRR or the FZR (your choice).

What car is everyone planning to use?
How's practice going?
Anyone else having tire issues when trying to drive "fast" for more than a few laps?

I've been reading a book about racing and tried to modify my car setup a little.
Well ... i still have rear tire issues, where the inside of the tire gets greener and greener (eventually red) and the outside is still blue.

I tried lowering the camber, played with tire pressure and compounds but i can't seem to get the tires to run the way i want.

Thats with the FZR as i can't get the XRR around the track at all.

I know it's still a long time before the race, but i want to be fully prepared this time (unlike last race).

Anyone have anything to share (setups, tips ...) ?

I really like driving the FZR altho most setups i find give me horrible oversteer. And i'm just plain slow

Fastest lap so far: FZR - 2mins 18seconds.
KY3R Race Set
Nothing special , with r4's it will go the distance. Better drivers than me will run r3's.
Attached files
XRR_KY3R_RaceR4.set - 132 B - 708 views
Hum

not good for me this set
but.. i also dont know if i drive FZ or XRR

if i use the xrr.. its nearly impossible to burn the clutch so its may the better option?
Remind me to save and post the reply of me training this combo with FZR.
You simply can not believe how much options there are to crash

It's like a comedy show
#5 - Wakey
Quote from AtomAnt :Nothing special , with r4's it will go the distance. Better drivers than me will run r3's.

Nice set Thanks
Well

after many rounds and some sets of new tires and bodyparts
ill change some little things on ants setting and now its fine for me

thanks ant for the source

Maybe someone helps...
I think its more for driver who arent the quickest.. like me
But its much more easy to drive then ants
Attached files
XRR_Ky_Gp-r_02d.set - 132 B - 903 views
#7 - Wakey
Spoilt for choice now
Keep tweaking it boys, it does hug the road and unlike the fzr, it won't burn up da clutch.

Thanks for reposting the tweaked set, I'll give it a whirl

AAnt
clutch is not a problem at all. I'd never choose slower car, just because it I don't have to lift off
I found the tweaked set undrivible while the one posted by Atom is ok. Keep em coming guys i still don't know which car to choose.
Also struggled with the tweaked set :Eyecrazy:
I'm still driving the FZR for now, but i will give the sets provided here a go.
You never know i can suddenly drive the XRR better
I know wakey

but i dont know how to drive a strong and nervouse back like ants
"Active SCCC Server" is from now on also hosting the upcoming OLFSL combo. Race lenghts of 10 laps, no qualify. Good for training, not only in being fast, but also in getting some passing experience.
My race report
Hi all,

Firstly, I was supposed to start 12th, but because something happened, I was disconnected from the server just before the start and then I forgot to join the grid before I set the grid, so I started last!

After about turn 5 I was in 12th!

After lap 1 I was about 8th, I think. Then I carried on and managed to claw my way up to 6th. Mainly because others slid off the track and let me past.

Anyway, I was managing to stay out of trouble, only sliding off the track slightly once or twice - nothing major. I past lap 11 and thought "YAY my tyres last". During lap 11 or 12, I set my pitstop up ready. I would not refuel or repair damage but I would replace any tyre which was over 60% worn. I felt confident.

I lost a few places then, down to 10th - just the faster guys who had slid off coming back past, but then some more places gained by pit stops and offs. Its OK, I thought, as long as I finish higher than 12th, I'll be happy and judging by how far behing me 12th was, I was OK.

So I planned pitstop for about lap 15. On lap 13 or 14 I tried to take the big right hand corner after coming off the banking, and WOOOAH, whats going on here, I can't turn, massive understeer! Checked tyres - damn it a puncture, left front. Limped all the way around to the pits, managing to keep it on the road and not loosing a place until I was leaving the pit - two places lost - this is OK, I am still 10th.

Then I was being caught fast by Dr PublicEnemy! He spent about 2 laps closing really fast, then he touched the grass under the bridge on the far side of the track and he spun around - I was free. Phew, I thought. Unfortunately, I was still thinking about how luck I was and how unlucky Dr PublicEnemy had been a few turns later and I forgot to slow down and ended up running across the grass for the sand.....noooooo, avoid the sand, turn left you stupid car, not the sand, not the ...... sand! Stuck. Damn. Spectate.

Now I have headache and I am really annoyed that I managed to make so many laps but was unable to finish.

Oh well, see you next time.

Tim
@ Tim: unlucky, i did the same thing during our SCCC 2 hour endurance test. Missed a corner as went to the beach.

My racereport:

Laglap 1 was a mess, somehow i hugged the wall hard before T1.
Laglap 2 was a lot better, went thru the corners clear.

Race start, seems like people took it easy and most made it thru (one car rolled it tho, scary).
I noobed up the first 3 laps of my race and decided to go flatout on the grass and make some sexy time with the wall before coming back on the track and doing a sloppy 2nd on the next wall.
Car damaged, lost all my concentration.

The next 2 laps or so were bad ... the car was nervous (due to the damage) and i just couldn't keep it on the normal line so i decided to pit.
Repaired the damage as i watched myself drop to near last place.
(Great Rookie, 2 months of practice and you're now just about last, in the last pool? Good job.)

Car fixed and i'm back on the road.
I started to race and my laptimes dropped to normal (for a noob like me) and i kept driving consistently.
Started to overtake others (slower cars and those that pitted).
I remember Tim coming out of the pits and sqeezing it between me and the HR guy. But soon they fell pray to me.

Race was coming near and end, 1 lap to go and i was sniffing Rasta's rear. He's going down! (P7 here i come).
He was not as fast down the main straight and took it easy in T1 (last lap you know, people wanna finish it).
So i noobed it up and decided to go brake on the grass and do a nice slide into the wall. P7 was now gone and i had to hurry back on the road not to lose any places.
I floored it and watched PeterVSP totally wreck the car (was hoping it was Rasta ) in sector 2.
Overtook a car that ran out of fuel right before the finish and ended 7th.
Not bad for a morning of stuffing things up.

I could have done a lot better ... but looking back on how i messed up, it was ok.

Great racing at the front guys, you Pool 3 aliens
See you all next round ... on the oval! Oh dear.
My race report (pool 3)
First I have to thank Solar for giving me a hint how to improve my setup, my gear spacing was to long so I lost a lot of time when accelerating. the changes gave me about 2tents of a second per lap.

For my 1st race it went far better than I expected.
Although I was in 1st place my only hope was to finish the race couse when I was practicing I think I managed to crash in
every corner on the track even once or twice on the strait :P, so I decided to go easy.

At the start I feared D Robb would pass me cause in boath lag laps he was better at the start. Fortunately I launched
well and maybe he didn't and kept 1st place. As I was going through 1st lap, to my surprise, I realized that there was no
wind was a bit concerned about that, wasn't sure about my tires cause I've made changes in setup while practicing with
wind but fortunately it went well.

For a moment it seemed I could win as D Robb was falling behind but a lap later saw Vule
in my mirrors and realized he was to fast for me, more than a sec per lap it seems. Still managed to defend my position
a few laps, my cars top speed helpt me while defending managed to hold for a few laps but then in lap 10 or so
I hit the wall at the second chicane lost to much speed and Vule exploited my mistake and passed me tried to fight
but there was nothing I could do anymore.
I tried to mach his speed for the next two laps but than I run wide at the 1st chicane and spun
fortunately went only shallow in the grass and did not loose to much time. Then I realized that I won't be able to
win so I decided to ease down a bit.
Vule pited in lap 13 or so took the lead though only fictionaly. Later it was a bit dull cause I had a clear track in fornt and behind.

Planed my pit for lap 19 or 20 because I didn't want to loose the heat on my tires but then I totally lost concentration in lap 18 and almost crashed in the last corner so I decided to enter the pits.
I told my self brake early no reason to push and risk a penalty but when I braked for the pit lane my throttle got stuck on my mouse and barely made it to slow down in time. Exited the pits in 2nd place as expected.
After that I had problems with my tires cause they lost temperature. It was like driving on ice in some corners but as there was no nead to push there were no bigger problems to the end of the race.

my settups for this track
original setup
http://www.lfsforum.net/attach ... mp;stc=1&d=1253527447
quali setup
race setup
Baxeg
Attached files
FZR_ky Lr m1 orig.set - 132 B - 824 views
FZR_q1 Kyrl qual m4.set - 132 B - 1001 views
FZR_q1 race Kylr m7.set - 132 B - 1028 views