The online racing simulator
Yeah. I think either allow drivers to cut as they please, or alter the chicane significantly in order to slow the cars down a lot. Putting a couple of posts in place doesn't do much imo.

In the 16h race last year the posts were rarely even standing because every 10 or 15 seconds another car would take them out. This meant that the next few cars past were able to cut significantly without having to worry about hitting the posts.
Quote from PMD9409 :I think it would be easier as well. Only time I would see it an issue is at start of race or after a SC when all the cars are bunched up.

Other than that I think it is worth the risk.

I think at this points it its more save without any poles or tyres, cause when they got kicked on the track it could realy mess the grid up.

I hope for no layout things on the shicane.
Quote from CRC Snightlo :I think at this points it its more save without any poles or tyres, cause when they got kicked on the track it could realy mess the grid up.

I hope for no layout things on the shicane.

Exactly, that is also a factor in why I don't want a layout. Poles make a mess!
So.. whats it going to be?
Ya, would be nice to know... I would personally leave it as it is, cuz whatever you put there, a car in front usually throws it off the track which will be an advantage for a car behind... as usual.
Quote from Mysho :Ya, would be nice to know... I would personally leave it as it is, cuz whatever you put there, a car in front usually throws it off the track which will be an advantage for a car behind... as usual.

agree, posting the layout (if any) would be very useful for doing some testing
Would be a good idea. IGTC is like the FIA only lamer!

Jokes1!!11!!
Hm i didn't think it was funny either, thought that was cause i don't laugh at my own jokes... Good comeback though made me laugh!
any layout for race? i would like do some teststints with it.
Quote from kiste :any layout for race? i would like do some teststints with it.

Why do you need a layout to do know where to drive?

The rules - F.4 and H.4 - seem quite simple to me - just keep 2 wheels on the track (including kerbs and green bits) and you'll be fine surely?
still, alot easier with a layout you know
There won't be "OMG HE DID THAT WHY WE CAN'T LETS CUT!!" with a proper layout. Tyres, haystacks, lots, lots of cones would be best way.
negative texas, that would be the worst way
:rolleyes:
Just to update, there will not be a layout, but rule H4 does still apply. If you cut the sandy area repeatedly to gain time/make passes, you may be penalized.
Yay! Dreams do come true.
Also: in response to some complaints from several teams, we are moving to a F1-style (exact rules are being hammered out) system for SC periods, in which (most likely) lapped cars between the lead-lap cars will be waved by the SC and effectively get a lap back. This will a) get rid of the problem of leaders tripping over slower lapped cars on restarts and b) result in more cars on the lead lap vying for the win. Full details will be announced probably tomorrow.
nice idea's

will there be a layout for qual?
Quote from [DUcK] :nice idea's

will there be a layout for qual?

What he said, a layout for quli but not for the race.
Okay. And i wouldnt cut anyway but the track can be smaller with a layout. thats why i asked before.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG