The online racing simulator
[moved] Track & car suggestions
This season (and all its combos) has been decided already, so suggestions/requests won't change anything anymore.
However, we are going to have many seasons after this one, which is why I opened this thread. Make your suggestions here, that is how you can help us decide and maybe get one of your favorite combos in the OLFSL Race Calendar.
The planning starts weeks before the ongoing season ends, so keep the suggestions coming!
FXO + We int
Westhill is boring as hell with fwd road cars.
Quote from WGooden :Westhill is boring as hell with fwd road cars.

Amen.

F08 on KY GP is a good combo, and I'd like to see some F08.
#5 - t1ger
As I have mentioned before, I think that FOX on AS2R (Aston Club Reverse) is a fantastic combination. bozo, atomant and myself had a REALLY close 7 laps (of 14) which was the most exhilerating LFS racing experience I have had yet, so it definately gets my vote.

Tim
Quote from WGooden :Westhill is boring as hell with fwd road cars.

ok ok, i admit, i like that bombo because i won my first race when trying that combo for the first time ever 10minutes of fighting for 1st non-stop (except lap 3)
total laps done in that bombo after that race: 5

i have attatch a race of 15 cars tbo + we int... i think its a pretty intense racing (im the spyshagg)

but my really rational choice would be
TBO class + SO city long or XFR GTR + As north
Attached files
fxo we int win!!!!!!.mpr - 1.7 MB - 322 views
LX6 @ AS North
#8 - nilo
UF1000-Fun!
UF1 event as season opening is really cool. Please keep that one up in following seasons.

Like t1ger said, Aston Club reverse with FOX, really fun combo
At least 1 rally event, pls.

UF1/FE Rallycross is nice for example.
I would like to see either the TBO class or LRF class at KY2 either forward or reversed.

XRG+XFG on SO Long would be cool too.
I like the league as it is, the following would just be my personal preference:
  • More of the longer track configs. Especially for the MRT events in South City I find those sprint tracks are too short with only one or two tricky turns.
  • Distribute events more evenly on car classes. Obviously there are some favorites like FOX, others do not appear at all like FO8.
  • No rally-cross events (which is the case already for the upcoming season :-). Actually I like rallying, but it's a completely different story (I cover this with RBR). It does not fit into a season focused on track racing.
Quote from lowgoods :I like the league as it is, the following would just be my personal preference:
  • No rally-cross events (which is the case already for the upcoming season :-). Actually I like rallying, but it's a completely different story (I cover this with RBR). It does not fit into a season focused on track racing.

Arent rally races driven on rally TRACKS?

Why not make use of every kind of track, when it is there?
#14 - nilo
+1 for Rallycross!
I also would like to see a rally event in the next season.

It's great fun! :rally_dri

:-)
Quote from BlackEye :LX6 @ AS North

strangely enough the gtrs on aston north are fun too
Yeah, i agree with zeug. More RallyX to the people! Why should rallyx be ignored? Its a part of LFS aswell. Or isnt OLFSL "the league for everyone", including different specialitys like rallycross? Ive arranged RallyX Championships for 3 seasons and its great fun. Thats my opinon..
Quote from jmracing1 :Yeah, i agree with zeug. More RallyX to the people! Why should rallyx be ignored? Its a part of LFS aswell. Or isnt OLFSL "the league for everyone", including different specialitys like rallycross? Ive arranged RallyX Championships for 3 seasons and its great fun. Thats my opinon..

Just so this is clear.. OLFSL has included RallyX several times, but this season is different. Next season will be different than this current one. We try to use a large variety of track and car combos, this time RallyX was not included because it was in our Race Calendar last season.

It doesn't have to be on the calendar every time, does it.. Would make it boring if we used the same tracks every time.

--
Mrs FienDi
The Original LFS League Admin
As a matter of fact last season had 2 rally cross events.
yeah, or let's better call it dodg'em instead of rally cross. it's simple as that: rallying suffers a lot more from latency issues on network cons than track racing on tarmac does, because there're a lot of rapid movements on input controllers and it's almost impossible to predict or interpolate that by LFS or any other sim. So let's just focus with LFS and OLFSL on what is really state of the art in online racing sims... and with LFS that's a lot but not rallying. Just my very personal opinion.
Yes Mrs Fiendi, im not complaining about this seasons calendar, it’s great. I know u cant have rallyX in every season. I’m just sad the common opinion of rallycross in LFS is like lowgoods describes it. That only noobs drives rallycross, or DODG´EM as lowgoods so finely describes it. That it is impossible to get close fights and that enjoying races. That’s wrong! Rallycross isn’t just a playground for bangers and wreckers, it can be serious too.

I’ve arranged RallyX Championships for 3 seasons and it has been great. About 20 ppl every season (that’s what we wanted, so we could fill one server). Drivers like Tukko, Busta, DeeS, Joris, 3ttan, Funek, Chriskart and Tonix have participated.

We have a special race system that reminds of how real rallyX is driven. That mean its about 6 racers in every heat, every racer drives 3 times. Because of that it don’t get so laggy and crowded. Then the points counts and finally the C-, B- and A-final are driven. We have a online judge that gives out penalties during the race and counting the points. I understand that this system maybe doesn’t fit into your league, but I just wanna point out that RallyX can be fun too.
Just take last rallyX race OLFSL had as example. That won TPC|3ttan, a guy that drives mostly rallyX. So there are fast RallyX guys too.

The race system: http://rallyxc.proboards55.com ... lay&thread=1129777472

I was just scared that rallyX in OLFSL was history, but now I know the reason why it isn’t in this season, so then it’s cool.

Good Luck with this season MR and Mrs Fiendi!
I'd like to see a FO8 race, maybe on a reversed configs which aren't raced that much.
i've been racing the xrt against the other turbo cars (mostly fxos) on fernbay green its such a blast

i finally got my time down from 1:24 to 1:19... even if i do wr pace i wont be able to keep up with the fastest fxo drivers
An MRT or FOX round on an autocross layout
I'm not part of it, but I noticed that V8s are rarely used.

v8 AT Aston Historic

v8 at North.
LX6 at SO Long reversed

[moved] Track & car suggestions
(47 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG