The online racing simulator
#1 - nilo
New OLFSL season launched!
Thank you all so much! I didn't expect the season to start so soon!

Very nice 2nd event! It was the classic pre-S1 demo combo with which the OLFSL started years ago.

The race on the 9th July (FIFA WC Final) leaves us soccer-fans a bit unlucky, though.
The date
The date probably matches the world cup final, but I'm sure the chances of your pool clashing will be slim!

Glad we're having a BF1 race, once you are used to the power it's fine, the traction control will help avoid accidents in the race.
hehe BF1 and north are not a good match... it will be hard...

I´ll be active this season.. prolly not in all the races but in the majority
LX4 and 6 in same event??
#5 - Tez4
Quote from Blackout :LX4 and 6 in same event??

Yeah, on Kyoto National I don't see how they could even be close to even. The LX6 would easily out power the LX4 on the oval part. Maybe on a track like Aston Cadet it would be closer???

Well anyways, I am definitely going to try to make as many of these as possible. I think I am a good enough racer to compete, I just lack the motivation and time to experement with different set-ups. So if anyone has any good ones for the first race...

See you all in South City.
Hmm
Well I think I was at the meeting when we decided the LX4 and 6 race although I can't be sure now, things just so wild lately.

We did test out all proposed races (apart from BF1 As North) as this was before the patch, so it must have seemed ok at the time.

I'd have thought that one was much easier to drive and therefore had less chance of mistakes and spinning off, therfore making it a bit of an advantage over the one that was faster.
Great news!!
First the new patch, and now the new OLFSL season! Time to get back to racing... But anyway, my doubt is the same as everybody else. LX4 and LX6 in the same event doesn't seem logical. If we check LFS World we'll see a 5 sec diference between the two on that track. Unless you're planing to force top drivers to use LX4 so that we "Sunday Drivers" have a chance to win!...
Quote from Neokiller :hehe BF1 and north are not a good match... it will be hard...

I´ll be active this season.. prolly not in all the races but in the majority

Basicly I think this is the perfect track for the Sauber, at least a better choise then Fe 2

Grrr I thought it was National .....
#9 - Misko
Still no official is explaining the reasoning for LX4 and LX6 in the same race???
Are the dates set ?

I've another league race at 14th, same hours... I trained a lot for it offline, managed to get only 1 second behind pole sitter which is enourmesly good for me , so....
Quote from Misko :Still no official is explaining the reasoning for LX4 and LX6 in the same race???

Official explanation: you get to choose. This was a staff decision, which one you pick is up to you.

The race dates are final. We booked the same weekends we've had for a very long time now.
Aha, I see. Basically the reasoning for someone choosing LX4 would be something like this: "I don't like that 'overpowered' LX6, and I have no chance to get to higher pools anyway, so why not have fun racing with less incidents in lower pools in a car thats more managable and enjoyable." That might make sense, otherwise I don't see a reason for someone to willingly handicap himself/herself with a lower class car. Most of the people race in OLFSL just for a bit of fun of competing, so ok.
server
Fiendi family!

I've upgraded my server from cel500 to cel700mhz, if you need one or more additional server to the OLFSL events, please let me know!

regards
--
nrg
Hello,

Any estimated time, when the new rules are up to be seen? I'm just thinking whether to join the season for some races or not, but I can't really make a decision if I cant see the rules of the competition. It's just been a long time since my last olfsl race.

I also saw I'm not in the members list anymore, do I need to register again? I remember I was the 60th ever to register in olfsl, and that was also my number in the league..

Anyway, good to see the oldest lfs league is still up and running, keep up the good work.
Quote from MacEST :Any estimated time, when the new rules are up to be seen?

I'd say today..

Quote from MacEST : I also saw I'm not in the members list anymore, do I need to register again? I remember I was the 60th ever to register in olfsl, and that was also my number in the league..

The number is still yours, it's just not visible on the site. Contact FienDi, he will restore it and give you a userID and a password to the site. He removed the members who don't have a userID/pw, because they have not been active members in about a year, but all that memberinfo does still exist. Not for long though, so your timing is perfect

FienDi's email & msn: fiendi@lfs-league.com

Welcome back!

New OLFSL season launched!
(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG