The online racing simulator
Event 3 - XF GTI at South City Long - Afterthoughts
I see noone is making a thread here to express their feelings after this race, instead everyone's writing in that small textbox on website. I don't like to read it there, it's like too tight, rather let's express ourselves on a wide and spacey forum.

So, you can take a look at My3id's race report in here.
And I made a video of my hotlap and my race highlights for this round too.

Read highlights video description to find out more about my feelings for this race.

And Tim, thank you for your lovely comment. I really appreciate that and words like that can only motivate me to race again and do these reports and videos.

Only off is John's fight with everybody after last round. IMO he should act totally different as an admin, but I'm glad that, that whole thing is over now. And this late weather notice, but ok, I hope those things won't happen again.
What can i say. As usual my race was set on T1 .. Someone crashed in front of me so i didn't even had a chance to break...then someone with a lag hitted me and i had a nice tire warmup from that.. For the rest of the race i was alone..21 laps of hotlapping

But combo was good

Oh pool1 that is.
I used to post in the forums after the race along with many others but it died down in favor of the chatterbox.

Also the same petty post arguments about bumps and crashes in the race spilled over here - but it's an aggressive sport and feelings run high.

My race went ok, I had some nice battles and did two pretty nice overtaking moves. I actually damaged my car without realizing and only watching the replay reveals how much I was having to correct the bouncing, I was in such a groove I didn't notice. 14th to 7th was a good result and I was mainly pleased to last the distance when bumping the walls on this track too hard = race over.

It did get a little overboard in the forum the other day and I do regret it but can't change my reactions - I take things personally and react over the top sometimes.

I do realise I'm not quite suited for admin work because I can't put up with idiots and will react in a negative and unprofessional way and as it happens did plan to step down to just a racer last year but we have had a shortage of hosts for the last couple of seasons - it's quite difficult to cater for so many races per weekend and as it is, most of the staff have to host two races as well as drive in another.

Until we have enough staff you'll just have to put up with me being the reckless staff member I am as after four or so years I'm unlikely to change now.
I'm new to this League (signed up just before Qualifying for event 3) but i can honestly say i loved every minute of it so far.

I secured 9th place on the grid in Pool 6 and prior to the race i had decided my main goal was to finish the race and not crash into people.
I watched multiple replays from previous races and from my own experience with online racing games the first few corners are always a mess.

During the LAG-lap i tried to keep my position but i already noticed that due to my lack of experience i had a hard time looking left,
right, behind and in front at the same time to make a turn with 18-19 other cars doing the same.
I decided to take it easy and as you can see in the replay i went from P6 to P17 in 2 corners.
I had minor contact with a car and was happy nobody ended upside down cause of me.
After that i started to drive my normal racing lines and catch up to the cars in front. I knew not everyone was going to be faster, i just wanted to stay clear of trouble.
So the race went on and i started to catch up to other cars, had some great fights with "Andy Urban" and "[FF] GS" that lasted for many laps.

During the race i tried my very best to drive clean and not be a pain in the butt to people that were faster than me.
As you can see of the replay i simply moved over and let faster cars get past (even if they were behind me in the race).
I call it fair and i'm sure they like the fact that i didn't try and keep them behind me for too long which would probably end with me hitting the wall and causing a crash.

I had a great race, i enjoyed every bit of it and i managed to finish 10th.
I think i had a pretty clean race and hope others enjoyed racing with me, i'm convinced i would be as happy if i ended last or closer to the top.
It was a great experience for me and i will try to be there again in the future.

So far my race review, now on to the "hot topic":
bumping, crashing, crazy driving ...

I must say that after watching all replays (yep i watched them all) i saw some incidents that need to be looked at. Many of which nobody filed a complaint about.

Looking at the RaceSIM Rules of Racing (http://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/Clean_Racers_Club_Rules) most (if not all) rules about Overtaking were broken by drivers and a lot of times that was the cause of an incident.

I would like the ask everyone this:
Do you want the admins to either leave the penalty system the way it is and just handle the complaints, or do you want them to analyse the replays and hand out penalties?

Because i'm pretty sure that alot of people do not follow the racing rules because they know the chance of someone complaining is slim and it's all too common for drivers to be agressive.

So either we can leave it the way it is now and have agressive drivers keep doing the same thing for the rest of the season,
or the admin put their foot down and give out penalties to drivers who are caught racing agressively and breaking the rules they agreed to.

I know that watching replays and deciding about penalties is going to take up alot of time and as russraine said earlier, there's not too much staff atm handling the races and such.

I think i'll end my post here for now cause its getting huge ... but trust me i could go on for a while about this ...
I'd love to see more clean and fair driving ... but who am i to ask for this ...
I had a reasonable race (pool 6), some good battles and a couple of scrappy moments (for those I apologise) but there was some good tight racing. I could have finished 1st or 2nd if it wasn't for some silly mistakes I made, lost a good 15 seconds of total time.
#6 - apo3d
i think that incidents that are not reported simply 'go by' because due to massive amount of work and time and concentration required, only reported incidents are reviewed.

maybe a referee training course and the recruitment of a few people would ease the workload on each of the appeal arbiters.

the ideal result would be having several people that would watch the replays for non-reported incidents also and apply corrections based on the decision resulting out of the majority of their votes.

this means a lot of time invested in this.
Quote from apo3d :the ideal result would be having several people that would watch the replays for non-reported incidents also and apply corrections based on the decision resulting out of the majority of their votes.

Yup,

that is exactly what i had in mind.
People who review the replays, take notes of the incidents (what pool, timestamp, cars involved, description of incident) which are then reviewed by the other referees and actions are then taken.

It would require a handful of people and A LOT of free time.

In the end, how do we look at this league?
Do we want to keep it the way it is and only deal with the reported incidents.
People will hold grudges against others and it could end in destruction derby scenarios.

Or do we want to make this league clean and fair and go down hard on rule breakers and aggressive drivers.

off topic,
my LX4 is doing more off road than fast laps atm ... it's hard to control
We don't really have the people power to watch every replay and deal with every possible incident that isn't reported. If people have a grievance then they have a right to get the issue looked at, I don't think we need to go beyond this.

It's up to me if I choose to report something that affects my race or not, I don't expect anyone else to be looking on my behalf.
Quote from russraine :We don't really have the people power to watch every replay and deal with every possible incident that isn't reported

Fair enough, its a game in the end, not a 2nd job.

Are we allowed to report serious incidents that do not involve ourselves or our pool?
Just wondering, i enjoy watching replays and i noticed accidents in certain races that were similar to situations in other races that due to "clean racing" and "awareness" of the drivers ended well.
Hmmm.

I can't see anything wrong in reporting something which is quite serious and really breaking the rules even if it is in a different pool than your own but I don't suggest you watch every replay for every little thing. Generally our system of grieved parties reporting problems works ok.

Our appeals guy Solar Hydro can only deal with so many things a week.
Quote from Agressor :Are we allowed to report serious incidents that do not involve ourselves or our pool? Just wondering, i enjoy watching replays and i noticed accidents in certain races that were similar to situations in other races that due to "clean racing" and "awareness" of the drivers ended well.

Freedom of Speech + for reference, Appeals Arbiter decisions have in the past been taken that did not result from a complaint, and the OLFSL rules were modified ahead of this season to facilitate ex-officio action.

Quote from Agressor :Fair enough, its a game in the end, not a 2nd job.

Some might legitimately call this into question, and I don't mean myself.

Solar Hydro
Uh close to the start of race 4 i found some time to post some reflections of race 3

Pool6 - the last Pool i always starts there

the first corners were hart and much contact between the drivers...
At turn 5 ... the double left someone wanna pass me outside and tought that he know that it can`t ends well... and it dont ends well... only for him.. good luck for me

after i watch the replay later in the evening is saw that it looks much more unclear than it feel in the race but i think thats Touringcar-racing.

The rest of the race i had some nice fights and my tires were pretty good

At the last lap.. horrogakx? if i think right... has a crash some turns in front of me so i come closer to him... at the last corners i got him.
on the way to the finish line i go byside of him and of couse he dont wanna let me pass
so we going closer and closer to the wall and finaly i touch it... and then i bumpt to him and all things went wrong
and the lucky pete pass both of us .

But if i remember of the race i dont know if i do someting wrong or if its only bad luck

Well in 4 hourse the next race starts and i hope it will be better for all

see ya on track

Event 3 - XF GTI at South City Long - Afterthoughts
(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG