The online racing simulator
Quote from anttt69 :Yeah i'll really be loosing out. I think some people take this game far to seriously.

So because you don't take this as seriously as others, you feel that everyone should be brought down to a sensible level of seriousness...?

Let's say that qualifying was on the day of the event; a 10 minute session or whatever. If someone did 200+ laps of practice beforehand they're more than likely to be able to perform as well as they did in their 200 practice laps. And you can't limit how much practice people can do; that would be silly.

It doesn't make a difference whether the laps are done on the quali server or on any other server or offline. Having the quali server there is good for people who are done qualifying and want to do some full stints or whatever.
#52 - Dru
Pointless discussion +1

People can put as much or as little effort into practice or qualifying as they like.

If people can produce 1 great lap and have the perfect setup immediately - then kudos to them - for the rest of us mortals - hard graft, lots of laps and setup tweeking can be done whenever, wherever in an effort to catch them
Quote from Mp3 Astra :So because you don't take this as seriously as others, you feel that everyone should be brought down to a sensible level of seriousness...?

I never said that, you did & this is a pointless conversation.
#54 - Dru
Quote from anttt69 :I never said that, you did & this is a pointless conversation.

I was actually refering to your o/p about not being fair that someone else could not put the laps in - not Passos or anyone elses comments....
Quote from anttt69 :I never said that, you did & this is a pointless conversation.

:doh: We'll settle this on track... Or in qualifying.
#56 - Dru
Quote from Mp3 Astra ::doh: We'll settle this on track... Or in qualifying.

yeah - we can only settle on the track if we make the top 32 hey
Well, I do think having infinite amount of time to get that lucky lap is not fair. Pre-qualifying should be just pre-qualifying, it takes more skill and a bit of tactics to get that one fast lap in just few tries when you need it.

But that's how it is now, so in the mean time I'll take my time because I has it.

Oh yes, and what's the logic with identical times with that timing system. Yesterday I got identical time with M.Vukicevic and I was put ahead of him even though he had done his lap before me. Is it now fixed because I'm behind him?
Quote from Blackout :
Oh yes, and what's the logic with identical times with that timing system. Yesterday I got identical time with M.Vukicevic and I was put ahead of him even though he had done his lap before me. Is it now fixed because I'm behind him?

I recall that problem was because identical times were incorrectly sorted alphabetically by driver name. I thought this problem was fixed ages ago. Seems not in your case.
Quote from Dru :yeah - we can only settle on the track if we make the top 32 hey

Well as the CR set is better than mine I doubt i'll be challenging you for grid positions. Also if racers quali times were a fluke or a one off they will just get eaten up during the race.

I'm coming to get you PassingHAAM .
Quote from Swiss_Tony :I recall that problem was because identical times were incorrectly sorted alphabetically by driver name. I thought this problem was fixed ages ago. Seems not in your case.

I remember Reintjan saying its something to do with the number of laps the driver has done. Guy with the lowest laps will be put infront
Quote from anttt69 :Well as the CR set is better than mine I doubt i'll be challenging...

Within the team is where the competitions gets the fiercest.:fence3d: There are no such thing as shared sets in this series.
Quote from sokke :Within the team is where the competitions gets the fiercest.:fence3d: There are no such thing as shared sets in this series.

No, it's just that nobody is shearing them with you.
Quote from Dru :I was actually refering to your o/p about not being fair that someone else could not put the laps in - not Passos or anyone elses comments....

So my suggestion for limited laps is pointless in your eyes, please enlighten me as to why?
i never cease to be astonished by the closeness of qualifying in these things, im in 25th and was a bit annoyed about it untill i realised im only a bit over a second slower than the leader which isnt that bad for me
Quote from james12s :i never cease to be astonished by the closeness of qualifying in these things, im in 25th and was a bit annoyed about it untill i realised im only a bit over a second slower than the leader which isnt that bad for me

Same here

Altho it's not as bad as the iTCC last round. 1s behind was the back of the grid

Looking forward to Sunday's race, should be really close. At least I have my rear gunner behind me

EDIT: Shame my rear gunner is behind everyone else too
rofl i aint got to be a tail gunner yet as sam hasnt put a lap in
#67 - Dru
Quote from Blackout :No, it's just that nobody is shearing them with you.

LOL, what he doesn't know is that Is that we all have ben driving with Matti's set (as there is a leak in the team) and we are just better drivers than him
#68 - Dru
Quote from anttt69 :So my suggestion for limited laps is pointless in your eyes, please enlighten me as to why?

Quote from anttt69 :
I dont think its fair on those who haven't got time to put in 200 quali laps.
(or maybe Santos is just obsessed)

There is your reason.....

Each person on this planet has the same 24 hours a day to do something with - what they do with their time is (unless your in prison) totally up to you what to do with.

Anyway - lets move on... I'm done with talking - lets race!
-
(BSantos) DELETED by Dru : removed
-
(Fuse5) DELETED by Dru : removed
Quote from Blackout :No, it's just that nobody is shearing them with you.

Arr. I should have known. To never trust a pirate. pirate:
#70 - Dru
Quote from sokke :Arr. I should have known. To never trust a pirate. pirate:

lol says his 'Pirate' teamie from Season 1
Quote from adamlfs :I remember Reintjan saying its something to do with the number of laps the driver has done. Guy with the lowest laps will be put infront

Not the case, I am now tied with someone & although I have lower laps & I did my quali time before they did I am still placed behind?

How does the tracker work?
Since an automated system isn't going to be used, it's up to the race admin to decide who starts ahead and I assume he will take the driver with the least laps to the front.
The driver who set his time first should be ahead of those who equalled the time later.

We have discovered a minor problem in that Airio is outputting the times in 12hr format, so it will be checked manually as well as the times are stored in Linux time format in another file.
Quote from Bean0 :The driver who set his time first should be ahead of those who equalled the time later.

I think this is unfair. One hour ago I was second on tracker with same time as third and fourth and with least laps, and now just few hours before qual end, you came with this rule and tracker push me back on fourth place.

I can't find a reason why should guy who set time first be in front, it's much harder to do it with four times less laps.
Quote from s@leSs :I think this is unfair. One hour ago I was second on tracker with same time as third and fourth and with least laps, and now just few hours before qual end, you came with this rule and tracker push me back on fourth place.

I can't find a reason why should guy who set time first be in front, it's much harder to do it with four times less laps.

It is common throughout motorsport that in the event of equal times, the person who set the time first is in front.

Lap count does not really mean much, as someone with more total laps could have set their fastest lap on their first or second, then tried (unsuccessfully) to improve.

Round 1 - Pre-Qualification Info/Chat
(76 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG