The online racing simulator
Event 1, AS7, FXR+UFR
No thread yet?
I was in pool 6 but got disconnected on something like the 3rd lap
I only saw about 2 cars during the whole race, even on the grid they were cutting in and out like lights switching on & off.

Did anyone else have problems?
I was in pool 6, and I only saw your car during the first lap. You disapeeared soon after the start of the race. I think it must have been your connection, all the rest was fine.
I'm leaving my ISP now, this was the last straw, got the MAC yesterday. I was with Nildram and I'm moving to O2 at the end of the month.
#4 - t1ger
Hi Horrgakx,

Yes, I think your connection was bordering on non-existent. You were not visible at all from the actual start of the race, but I could see you had split and lap times so I knew you were still going at your own end. The connection to the server was not complete though, so we never actually saw you.

After 3 laps you disconnected anyway, probably because your already tiny link to the server got broken entirely. For the purposes of the results, you will be classified as having completed 3 laps. This is because the server believed you were racing and sent split and lap times to my insim app AND because you didn't affect anyone else's race AND because you disconnected. If you had finished it may have been a different story because you were not actually seen and so you could not race against others and others could not race against you (because they couldn't see you!).

I am sorry about your race, but this is the nature of on-line gaming and I hope you get your end sorted as best you can soon. We try our best to keep our servers up and connected all the time, but even this is completely out of our control.

Thanks
Tim
O2 are pretty good and cheap.
Tim - thanks for the reply. I'm not having a go, just disappointed. I know I'll not get points but I didn't want to get a "no show"

Russraine - not cheap for me, the exchange isn't LLU so its still over £20 top line.
ah I see - BT are slow to open up.
#8 - t1ger
Quote from horrgakx :Tim - thanks for the reply. I'm not having a go, just disappointed. I know I'll not get points but I didn't want to get a "no show"

Russraine - not cheap for me, the exchange isn't LLU so its still over £20 top line.

You won't get no points, you will get:

DNF + (DNF * (completed laps/total laps))

Which equates to:

26.5 + (26.5 * (3/23)) = 29.9

Tim
Thanks.

Just for info, my new broadband switches over on Friday, so hopefully I'll have nearly 2 days to sort it out before the race. I hope I have connection otherwise I won't be able to notify anyone I can't race!
Here are My3id news from OLFSL race 1, which are our thoughts of the race too
click here to read

I also made these two little video's you might want to check
Highlights
Hotlap
/*videos are available in HQ*/

Read video description to find out more about my feelings on the race, it's kinda long
What pool was that?

A pity we can't get this sort of report for all pools.
I count victory only in pool 1, so it we're talking about pool one here
News are located on My3id's homepage and are talking mostly about our race, hehe

I hope OLFSL admins will write some stuff on their front page too :P
I haven't watched those videos yet, but I will be doing when I get some time.

I did want to make one myself from one of the pools, but unfortunately a combination of my lack of creativity and severe lack of free time to do it, means that I would doubt it will ever get done. As for doing it for all pools - forget it. Way too much work - it takes all my time sorting the league out in the first place.

As for race, reports - same applies. A lack of time and creative spark means they would be short and boring.
Quote from t1ger :As for race, reports - same applies. A lack of time and creative spark means they would be short and boring.

TBH I would love to see something written in LFS World News. It's a great way to promote league and their drivers. If it takes too much time, just to write something down from 1st pool. For example I enjoy very much to read news from OWRL F1. That is like max text that I could read and not get bored. But I'd suggest to write even less than that.

You might have noticed that text on our page isn't too long ether. If it's too long noone wants to read it, it's just boring
Sooo, the special ones dont have to pit stop. Nice league
Quote from tiagolapa :Sooo, the special ones dont have to pit stop. Nice league

How about you get more informations on your mind and then comment on stuff

hehe - you dumbass!

I recieved a penalty for that which suited the circumstances. It's not something which would ever happen again though if you read into it.

Event 1, AS7, FXR+UFR
(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG