The online racing simulator
Quote from b0rn :Car #23 against #07, first split in Lap 132 or 133

Car #07 is getting back on the Track and is hitting #23-N.Hermann

#07 re-enters the track completely oblivious to the #23 car, hits him, and loses him considerable time. Unsafe track re-entry is something that we take very seriously in this series, as it can be easily avoided and can also cause huge damage and time loss.

C2 penalty (-5pts) to #07.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :While #05 plans to enter the pits, #12 is apparently unaware of this fact and slipstreams in an attempt to make a pass. Crucially, #05 brakes very early (relative to the majority of other cars on the track) and too rapidly, and this causes the collision to occur. Driver of #05 should have been fully aware of the car directly behind him, braked later and more gently, or done more to indicate that he was going to pit.

This is something of a gray area due to the nature of the pit entry on this track, but in our opinion this is a racing incident.

Is not my point to make controversy, but i don´t think is a gray area, i think we have to use common sense. Take the example of real life, when you´re in a highway and you have to exit when having cars behind.... you won´t press full brakes without letting know other cars what are you going to do... you should slow down first rather than braking, just releasing the throttle is a way to warn the cars behind... In this case i think is the same...
Any way... i offer my excuses... but i was not able to avoid the contact...
I watch many times my start but in next races i make the same thing. I rules there is that i can overtake when is green flag and i do that. Also there is we must be in single file and also we must leave comfortable gap.... i don't thing that gap was to big, ich green flag will flash little later i also have to brake little and decrease my speed. But Green flag shows exactli when i was close behind cars with better speed som i continue with overtaking.
For example #11 make start like mine - they went in the rigth side of the finish straight. I can't see deferences...

Maybe i overtake few more cars like they or others ( i won't point for somebody else) and that was to mutch see? Or it was too risky or i make some collision? Your decision realy dissapionting me.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :While #05 plans to enter the pits, #12 is apparently unaware of this fact and slipstreams in an attempt to make a pass. Crucially, #05 brakes very early (relative to the majority of other cars on the track) and too rapidly, and this causes the collision to occur. Driver of #05 should have been fully aware of the car directly behind him, braked later and more gently, or done more to indicate that he was going to pit.

This is something of a gray area due to the nature of the pit entry on this track, but in our opinion this is a racing incident.

I havent seen it, but you do state in an earlier post that it will be the fault of the following driver if any contact is made...

Quote from DeadWolfBones :Drivers should be aware of cars that may be pitting in, and will be responsible if they rear-end a car slowing for the pits, but there is no restriction against driving over the pit entry area.

Furthermore, as stated in the rules, it is not a violation of the rules to cross the pit entry line--only crossing the pit exit line is punishable.

Quote from boothy :Replay attached.

Thanks for the replay, and if there is a room for and apology, we offer it.

However in our personal opinion it was a race incident, because both drivers push to the limits. The contact could have been affected us in the same manner.

I have to recoganize the drive through penalty was fair enough.

Great race see you next time
Quote from Bean0 :I havent seen it, but you do state in an earlier post that it will be the fault of the following driver if any contact is made...

There's a common sense limit to all rules like that one. Would it still have applied 50 yards further up the track? Etc etc. I think we spelled out well enough in our decision why we ruled the way we did.
Quote from NelsonGPV :About this protest, please note, the car involved in this incident is car #24

We were at the bottom of the grid.

quite true, my mistake. Good job you never got a penalty huh?
Quote from DeadWolfBones :There's a common sense limit to all rules like that one. Would it still have applied 50 yards further up the track? Etc etc. I think we spelled out well enough in our decision why we ruled the way we did.

It's just that you start by saying that #12 is apparently unaware of our intention to pit.

The very fact that 2 drivers were on the server should be enough warning I think. They have not paid attention and have caused the accident by attempting to slipstream a car which is pitting.

It's just the way I see it, and I do realise that it is a very grey area.
Quote from Bean0 :It's just that you start by saying that #12 is apparently unaware of our intention to pit.

The very fact that 2 drivers were on the server should be enough warning I think. They have not paid attention and have caused the accident by attempting to slipstream a car which is pitting.

It's just the way I see it, and I do realise that it is a very grey area.

You could equally say that your driver brake tested #12. He braked before the pit entry lines, and thus was still on track, on the main straight mind you, when he braked.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG