The online racing simulator
Round 4: Protests
You know the drill. Put 'em here (only if really warranted!).
Restart after SC - Lap around 55 or something 1h 25 right before the First split.

Car #04 against #17.

#17 Pushes us #04 on the grass, while under blue flag, we hit the wall no control over the car and lost 8 places down to place 12
#3 - xenoa
#10 XFusion likes to file a protest against #25 on lap 59 fast chicane
RPL later
Quote from baSh0r :Restart after SC - Lap around 55 or something 1h 25 right before the First split.

Car #04 against #17.

#17 Pushes us #04 on the grass, while under blue flag, we hit the wall no control over the car and lost 8 places down to place 12

Replay attached.
Attached files
igtc-09-r4-inferno-insert.mpr - 682.2 KB - 214 views
#8 - xenoa
Quote from baSh0r :Restart after SC - Lap around 55 or something 1h 25 right before the First split.

Car #04 against #17.

Although #17 were under Blue Flag, it is our judgment that they were caught at a bad time. InSeRT were aware about the situation (Blue Flag), and let lapping cars pass a number of times after the restart. Inferno engaged their pass during a bend and while InSeRT had another car passing them on the outside at the same time. InSeRT didn't have anywhere to go - racing incident.
Car #02 against #23, lap 91 or 92 going down back straight and through the chicane.

Both cars 16 and 23 had blue flag, we pass 23 down the back straight, then he trys to repass us entering the chicane. This causes us to run wide, hit the tires, and they bounce off of us and remain in front of us.

Corey is still driving, replay later (unless someone can post).
Guys, are you blind. Seriously after dismissing this i have to ask this. Even before the actual crash you see them driving in our car not looking anywhere. Please would you take a look at this again we lost so much by that and that is seriously no racing accident!

edit: ConeDodgers on the Left side was so much faster that he could have pulled to the left even before hitting us. Instead of doing that he pulls to the right after Conedodgers had passed him about 90% already.
Quote from xenoa :#10 XFusion likes to file a protest against #25 on lap 59 fast chicane
RPL later

Drive through for #25. #25 had the advantage into the corner but then appeared to give it up. #10 took the normal racing line as #25 was byt this time at the rear wheel of #10. #25 then decide to carry through with the overtake but by this point had an insignificant overlap.
Lap 100, #06 SR against #04 Inferno

Car 04 has very little overlap, and when 06 gets a little sideways, he sticks his nose in a gap that doesnt exist and spins the 06 around...

Hopefully someone has a replay
The car in front was on the outside getting oversteer, we pinched on the inside willing to pass, on the brakes, then suddenly the [SR] Team pulled in and got hit by us beeing on the brakes already no chance to avoid that.

Racing accident in my eyes, no matter tho, we are sorry that it had to happen that way.

And "that gap" did exist.

edit: Your driver almost pushed our driver off the track on a straight road some laps before.

Car #04 against #17.

Penalty for us must by a joke, but not very funny, after restart chaos I let pass many cars, and in crucial moment I try to miss pneu, i have been ahead and contact was not strong + LFS contact model = exemplar racing accident.
Quote from Gil07 :Lap 100, #06 SR against #04 Inferno

Car 04 has very little overlap, and when 06 gets a little sideways, he sticks his nose in a gap that doesnt exist and spins the 06 around...

I would add more laps to the replay but the filesize would be too big.

And BTW Inferno, "on the brakes" - the replay shows you accelerating into the #06 car...
Attached files
igtc-09-r4-inferno-sonicrealms.mpr - 1.2 MB - 193 views
Quote from PMD9409 :Car #02 against #23, lap 91 or 92 going down back straight and through the chicane.

Both cars 16 and 23 had blue flag, we pass 23 down the back straight, then he trys to repass us entering the chicane. This causes us to run wide, hit the tires, and they bounce off of us and remain in front of us.

Corey is still driving, replay later (unless someone can post).

Racing incident but with a warning to n!faculty.

n!faculty was a lap down and also with not enough overlap. They should have backed off when approaching the chicane entry.
Quote from Gil07 :Lap 100, #06 SR against #04 Inferno

#06 recovered quickly from the minor slide coming out of the sharp left-hander prior to the first split, and was far enough ahead of #04 to have full right to choose their line into the next (sharp right-hand) turn. They closed the door on #04, who nevertheless stuck their nose in, failing to give enough room, and collided with #06 just after the apex. This is an overaggressive and overoptimistic pass attempt.

DT to #04 for avoidable contact.
Lap 116, #12 rear-ended #05 while #05 was pitting in, causing #05 to speed in pit-lane.

See more precise accident report & replay below.
#21 - troy
Car #05 against #12, end of Lap 116 (1h00m10s into the replay)

#05 takes the line into the pit entry, #12 follows hits #05 which then gets a drive through penalty. #12 is already behind #05 for some laps and #05 always clearly takes a different line before the pit.

Sorry I couldn't cut the replay, mpredit was acting up.

Replay download: http://archiv.to/?Module=Detai ... ;HashID=FILE4A1878ADA325B
#22 - b0rn
Car #23 against #07, first split in Lap 132 or 133

Car #07 is getting back on the Track and is hitting #23-N.Hermann
Quote from troy :Car #05 against #12, end of Lap 116 (1h00m10s into the replay)

#05 takes the line into the pit entry, #12 follows hits #05 which then gets a drive through penalty. #12 is already behind #05 for some laps and #05 always clearly takes a different line before the pit.

Sorry I couldn't cut the replay, mpredit was acting up.

Replay download: http://archiv.to/?Module=Detai ... ;HashID=FILE4A1878ADA325B

While #05 plans to enter the pits, #12 is apparently unaware of this fact and slipstreams in an attempt to make a pass. Crucially, #05 brakes very early (relative to the majority of other cars on the track) and too rapidly, and this causes the collision to occur. Driver of #05 should have been fully aware of the car directly behind him, braked later and more gently, or done more to indicate that he was going to pit.

This is something of a gray area due to the nature of the pit entry on this track, but in our opinion this is a racing incident.
that DT penalty for No.17 - InSeRT is for my start at he beginnig? What was wrong? I start passing when GREE FLAG shows....

or for protest form No.04 Inferno?
Quote from Megin :that DT penalty for No.17 - InSeRT is for my start at he beginnig? What was wrong? I start passing when GREE FLAG shows....

or for protest form No.04 Inferno

It's for the restart after the SC period. You clearly lagged behind the field, got a running start, and then passed 8-9 cars with your speed advantage.

Round 4: Protests
(35 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG