The online racing simulator
Round 4: Broadcast
Hey all, here's hoping that Benji and DWB won't kill me for this, but I figured I'd post this up now.

Round 4 of the 2009 International GT Championship will be broadcast live on multiBC (thanks to the financial expenditure of Timo "hyntty" Hynninen - thanks to him for the expense) starting from about 18:40 UTC. Unfortunately, due to time constraints based on what Timo worked out with multiBC, we will not be streaming qualifying live. But we will join as soon as we can to give an introduction and then get into the race.

I know for sure that I'll be providing commentary, and I'm not sure of any others offhand, but definitely hoping that a couple will be joining me.

As per usual, contact me via PM, or IRC during the race, if you're interested in an interview live. I'd be glad to fit you in.

Feed Service Info:

Event:
IGTC Round 4 from Westhill International Reversed

Time: 18:40 to 22:55 UTC

Test Window Starts: 18:35 UTC

StreamID: Stream II

Streamstarter Link: http://www.multibc.de/Streamstarter/

Post-Event Unindexed (Streamed) File: ftp://213.251.134.180/2009.05.23-2-multiBC-Live-Saving.wmv

Post-Event Indexed (Re-wind, fast-forward capable) File: http://multibc.com/public_ftp/ ... -IGTC2009_Round4_Race.wmv
Quote from dekojester :Time: 18:40 to 22:55 UTC

Test Window Starts: 18:35 UTC

Shouldn't those times be 1 hour earlier?
Quote from zeugnimod :Shouldn't those times be 1 hour earlier?

If they were covering qualifying yes.
#5 - arco
Is it streaming right now? For me it just says "connecting to media" and nothing happens.
Quote from arco :Is it streaming right now? For me it just says "connecting to media" and nothing happens.

Not yet, we're starting in a few minutes.

d
You do know that anybody watching the broadcast knows the password for the server...........
Quote from Wilko868 :You do know that anybody watching the broadcast knows the password for the server...........

Well, somehow the P2P started without us telling the thing to, so,

d
the P2P more or less always on
Quote from multiBC :the P2P more or less always on

great stream, thanks
was funny watching you trying passwords and the AI's before start
Yeah, the stream was very good tonight.

The only bad thing is that you have to watch it in full-screen with Vista so you can't watch the stream and read IRC at the same time. :|
Nah, open it in Winamp or VLC and you can
I guess I could have tried that out myself.
thanx a lot for these records
Quote from zeugnimod :Yeah, the stream was very good tonight.

The only bad thing is that you have to watch it in full-screen with Vista so you can't watch the stream and read IRC at the same time. :|

Unless I'm going mad, while I was checking out my camera mad skills, I was able to watch the stream in non-full screen. OR it's because I have two monitors and it was able to stay full-screen on my second monitor while I was doing other things. So, the solution:

1) Go mad and imagine it's still there
2) Buy a new [2nd] monitor.
Very nice coverage again, I just found myself prefering to watch the stream rather than F1

Only one side note: I know i probably couldn't do it better, but one of the commentators was using a very silent almost whispering voice without a lot of variety in the tone, if you could be a little happier it'd be great

Apart from that: NO, I didn't want to scare anyone braking in T1, that's just my XRR line
Quote from Mp3 Astra :Unless I'm going mad, while I was checking out my camera mad skills, I was able to watch the stream in non-full screen. OR it's because I have two monitors and it was able to stay full-screen on my second monitor while I was doing other things. So, the solution:

1) Go mad and imagine it's still there
2) Buy a new [2nd] monitor.

That doesn't work for me. I just use VLC

[Which, btw, allows you to have Full Scren whilst ur doing other things]
yes indeed deko, i am estonian, yet not driving for the EER.
Controversial, i know ^^
Quote from Fuse5 :yes indeed deko, i am estonian, yet not driving for the EER.
Controversial, i know ^^

Wow, what a Concept ! You knowing something !

*ducks, runs*
lol

go back to that new dimension of yours

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG