The online racing simulator
#1 - t1ger
Event 2 - MRT5 (MRT) at Aston Cadet (AS1)
OK, I know the results of the first event are still not done, but we also need to get ready for the next event.

This one should be fun. 50 laps of the quick Aston Cadet in the nimble MRT. Please remember that these cars have no reverse gear!!

I just raced 50 laps with the AI (which are slightly slower than me, they managed 55:45 I think as their fastest) but they were really difficult to overtake, so I am guessing that this race is going to be difficult for overtaking. Most of the passing is going to be done with people flying off the track!

Anyway, I finished 3 laps behind the AI

Tim
stop it Tim you're getting me excited lol - can't wait for this one actually, gonna be mayhem.
Quote from t1ger :Anyway, I finished 3 laps behind the AI

I know how you feel, I tried a 15 lap race and finished 2 laps behind due to spins. This car is a b!tch.

One thing I noticed are the odd lines the AI take, especially the last corner which they take very wide.

And the first corner they have a shallow approach with a steel exit. I have to take that corner like a classic 'hairpin' where I come in hard on the brakes, turn late and let the car accelerate all the way through.

The left hander before the chicane is tricky too, do you brake before it or just lift and downshift?

So tricky.
#4 - t1ger
Quote from horrgakx :I know how you feel, I tried a 15 lap race and finished 2 laps behind due to spins. This car is a b!tch.

Hehe, the thing is the AI don't spin on the track. Because I ran 50 laps, they decided they needed a pit stop - it was great, because 7 of them got stuck in the pits because they all piled in at the end of lap 25!

Quote from horrgakx :One thing I noticed are the odd lines the AI take, especially the last corner which they take very wide.

Hmm, not overly weird I didn't think, but they basically lost a lot of time (to me) in the first corner (because they braked so early) and the last corner (because they don't carry enough speed through).

Quote from horrgakx :And the first corner they have a shallow approach with a steel exit. I have to take that corner like a classic 'hairpin' where I come in hard on the brakes, turn late and let the car accelerate all the way through.

The left hander before the chicane is tricky too, do you brake before it or just lift and downshift?

So tricky.

I have tried various approaches to that last corner and lifting seems to be the best for me 'cos it unsettles the car least. Shifting down is a really bad idea until you are mostly through the corner. Get the corner right, and it feels really sweet. However, to the world record, I am still losing 2 seconds a lap - and I am sure that the WR will fall during our qualifying as is so often the case - which makes me feel very slow.

JR: I agree though, I am looking forward to this one, its a great track/car combo. Should be fun.

Tim
Not sure if I make the race, depends on time... gotta admin+race in Baltic Cup.

Pretty hard combo though.
Pls olfsl staff never ever give as1 or rev track to mrt again.. Why can't you try with fe4r for instance - it's much much much more interesting and fun to drive....

Anyway..pool1 start 15 finnish 9..everybody i passed crashed.. ..then i was trying not to fall asleep for most of the race...on fe4 i would be more busy at least.
I have never knewn how to really drive the MRT and I never liked it as much as I do some other cars, but I think I managed pretty well, there were incidents but I'm happy that I finished at all.
Quote from kamo2000 :Pls olfsl staff never ever give as1 or rev track to mrt again.. Why can't you try with fe4r for instance - it's much much much more interesting and fun to drive....

Anyway..pool1 start 15 finnish 9..everybody i passed crashed.. ..then i was trying not to fall asleep for most of the race...on fe4 i would be more busy at least.

If it was that easy for you why didn't you win?
#9 - amp88
Quote from russraine :If it was that easy for you why didn't you win?

He never said it was easy, he said it was boring.
Quote from amp88 :He never said it was easy, he said it was boring.

I think he's just a douche.

-edit- I must stop insulting people - problem is I take any negative comments about our league quite personally and am easily provoked into being nasty back. I don't mind constructive criticism though.

Anyway I found the combo quit exciting - perhaps that's because I'm not the most super LFS driver and have setups which make me glued to the track - yeah I spin every now and then and I'm not too fast but at least I have fun in every race. Watching a race with racers all driving around without making mistakes doing the same time per lap is boring to me.
Quote from russraine :I think he's just a douche.

-edit- I must stop insulting people - problem is I take any negative comments about our league quite personally and am easily provoked into being nasty back. I don't mind constructive criticism though.

It was constructive criticism though. He said he didn't enjoy the race at AS1 but he thought he would have enjoyed it more at FE4. He didn't just say "The race was boring". If people offer you constructive criticism and you insult them they're not likely to come back to future series you put on, are they?
Whatever dude - a race is only as fun as you make it - if you have a boring race it means you were boring yourself. Face is if that many people crashed off that means there was excitement and that with 8 other people in front you should be putting in pb's to try and get a win - just sounds like Kamo was too slow for the other Pool 1 guys in front and didn't like it to me. If you want to have a race you can win just go to single player mode and put the AI cars on Rookie mode.
Well You though wrong. I just have enough of the same old combos for mrt again and again..always as1, fe1 in leagues no one even though that mrt can be used on other long tracks. It's not about winning at all. That's all. I never though i will get such negative response at this....like i was insulting member of Your family or something..jeez
I found it to be an interesting race, and the combo was fun.

FE4 would be OK, but even then there would be many long flat out "boring" sections, compared to AS1. LFS needs a facelift thats all.

Edit: Josh, not cool.
Quote from russraine :I think he's just a douche.

Anyway I found the combo quit exciting - perhaps that's because I'm not the most super LFS driver and have setups which make me glued to the track - yeah I spin every now and then and I'm not too fast but at least I have fun in every race. Watching a race with racers all driving around without making mistakes doing the same time per lap is boring to me.

Quote from russraine :Whatever dude - a race is only as fun as you make it - if you have a boring race it means you were boring yourself. Face is if that many people crashed off that means there was excitement and that with 8 other people in front you should be putting in pb's to try and get a win - just sounds like Kamo was too slow for the other Pool 1 guys in front and didn't like it to me. If you want to have a race you can win just go to single player mode and put the AI cars on Rookie mode.

He's not the douche, you are.
Wanna take this outside Joshy baby or are you all forum talk and no man bits? Oh from Norwich - that says it all - inbreeding haven. lol
Quote from kamo2000 :Well You though wrong. I just have enough of the same old combos for mrt again and again..always as1, fe1 in leagues no one even though that mrt can be used on other long tracks. It's not about winning at all. That's all. I never though i will get such negative response at this....like i was insulting member of Your family or something..jeez

Funny things is I'd be happy with you insulting my family.

I wouldn't mind if you'd have raced that combo in our league before, we're not to blame if you have driven it before in other leagues - maybe you drive in too many - I've only ever driven in two and don't think I've had the same combo more than twice.
Quote from russraine :Wanna take this outside Joshy baby or are you all forum talk and no man bits? Oh from Norwich - that says it all - inbreeding haven. lol

Wow, great comeback. I'm not actually from Norwich, I'm just at uni here, but by the sound of it you may yourself be a product of incest.

Anyway, if you're going to needlessly attack someone simply for stating their opinion in a constructive manner then you should expect someone to take issue with it.

If you want a dictatorship over your league members then go and start your own forum.
Quote from joshdifabio :Wow, great comeback. I'm not actually from Norwich, I'm just at uni here, but by the sound of it you may yourself be a product of incest.

Yes we are probably brothers! Have you got fifteen toes as well?
Thx for the support
I don't wan't to start fights. Just though i say what i had in mind. It's not that all leagues use this combo( but most i saw do)..all servers usually do them all the time. Those combos with mrt are overused all the time. I almost never see some other longer courses with mrt. Yes that's because there are boring long straight's etc but with so many racers on the server i don't think this would be an issue like for 5- 10 drivers on normal server. Little more variation shouldnt be a problem. Beseides on demanding track like fe4 no one should feel bored as there are many things to watch out there. I love to drive with mrt and the fact that only those configs are used mostly is always making me sad. I hope we can end this conversation as it's now offtopic.
We, at my3id, just wrote news on our front page, so if you want take a look here.

There are two short videos too, just like last time around.

Hotlap
Highlights

Read highlights video description to find out more about my feelings on the race.
Good videos Niki! Nice write ups to, I enjoyed reading them.

I want to thank you and your team for being professional and understanding the (difficult) decisions we have made. Your efforts are helping to make the league a happy place - all the best for the rest of the season.

Tim
for me the race was very insteresting dunno how u can say boring...

with the MRT you do not have a second to relax you are concentrating 100% all lap every lap... maybe thats the difference between people who say its boring to whom say its interesting.

for me this race was based on high end concentration and drivers with good consistency maybe setup plays a part in this.

my report on the race.

first few laps... trust me guys i was not calm it may have looked it.. but no way in hell was i xD tbh in those laps i looked more backwards than forwards taking defensive lines into corners when exiting corners going to the middle of the track forcing hugos hand to go either outside or inside, especially down finish straight and also exit of both chicanes i moved to the center of track to defend. then i saw hugo mistake and then i felt more relaxed tyres were heating up nice.

I then put in some good laps got into my rhythm (sp?)

then come lap 24 i was about to enter chicane... i saw yellow flag popup on my screen and that lost me concentration :/ i wondered where it was etc i was guessing on the inside coz thats where spinners end up normally there... i turnt in too early left wheel on kerb full acceleration and boom... i hit tyres.. all laps before this i could get exit speed of 154-156. my setup did not like the left kerb so i avoided it at all costs but there it got me as i wasnt fully concentrating and look what happend.. boom. since that lap everytime i went thru chicane, you can just hear my car scrape that floor so bad its worse than a broken record :P this is not an excuse to why i lost the race, it was my noobness that did.

since that lap the floor of my car was hitting the ground and i was getting max 151kmh out of chicane in last laps with less fuel was 152 153. so my laptimes started falling off a bit. for me to makeup this time and keep the 5 second gap i had to make that time in the last corner, so i was braking later. but on lap 48 i do not know why... probably my noobness on the exit i got oversteer tried to correct this pushed me wide.. saw tyre on dirt tried to correct it and with MRT u just spin.. i know if i did that again i would let off the gas instantly.. THAT was my mistake staying on the gas thinking ahhhh it will be ok im sure... xD

sector 1 was an absolute dream to drive, most laps ~80% of laps maybe more were 28.1 or less, i even had a 27.97 i think.

Id just like to say gratz to dave as he drove a great race kept it on tarmac and didnt spin and thats what count. dont matter if u get fastest lap or leading for 48 laps you gotta cross that line on the last lap first to win

I will learn from my mistakes and if im in that position again i will do things differently. thats what life is about taking things that happen, learn from them and then fix them and i try that from now

thank you and goodnight

[SR] BreadC
It saddens me to read some comments above. I think this league is utterly professional and as a result 1) I love the way it is run, 2) I love the hard-but-fair rules, 3) it brings a better class of racer who isn't likely to wreck, oh and 4) because its a professionally run league, please ban the children who sling personal insults.

I'm disappointed that the first race I had connection issues, then this last MRT race I qualified but couldn't race because of personal reasons Plenty more left though And congrats to the people finishing the last race, I wasn't looking forward to it if I'm honest.
Quote from horrgakx :It saddens me to read some comments above. I think this league is utterly professional and as a result 1) I love the way it is run, 2) I love the hard-but-fair rules, 3) it brings a better class of racer who isn't likely to wreck, oh and 4) because its a professionally run league, please ban the children who sling personal insults.

Russraine (who threw insults above) is a host for OLFSL.

Event 2 - MRT5 (MRT) at Aston Cadet (AS1)
(33 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG