The online racing simulator
MMS Cup season 2 Q&A + General discussion
Hi guys,

This thread is for any questions or info or recommendations for the cup. If you have ANY questions please ask here, thanks.
Will there be a teams championship?

Is there a reversed top 8 for race 2?
No and no..
We are thinking of 3 races a night, qually for race 1 , finishing position for race 2 and top 8 reversed for race 3..
Quote from aobrien :No and no..
We are thinking of 3 races a night, qually for race 1 , finishing position for race 2 and top 8 reversed for race 3..

Sounds good....
On which days will be the races? On wednesdays, like last season?
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :On which days will be the races? On wednesdays, like last season?

Sorry but we havnt decided yet on the day of the week but we are thinking of sundays, but as i said not decided yet so dont think that it will be on sundays cause it might and it might not.
Quote from aobrien :No and no..

Accually we have decided on having 3 races a night on 3 of the 6 rounds in the series and 2 races on the other 3 rounds so for the rounds that have 2 races it will be for race 1 you start where you qualify and for race two i will pick a number out of a hat from 6 - 10 and from the number i pick will be reversed and if theres three races a night then you start race one where you qualify and for race 2 you start from where you finish race 1 and for race 3 i will pick a number out of a hat between 6 and 10 and from the number i pick will be reversed.
#8 - oli17
firstly, is the car XF GTI or XF GTR? also, is the race at the weekends, and what time is it (if its been decided). also do we have to upload our skins before the race and do we have to be in teams?
Quote from oli17 :firstly, is the car XF GTI or XF GTR? also, is the race at the weekends, and what time is it (if its been decided). also do we have to upload our skins before the race and do we have to be in teams?

The car is the XF GTI. I don't think the admins made a decision made a decision about the time of the race yet. You need to upload your skin on the thread named "skins", even if you should better wait a little bit without making yours because the admins will probably make some nice numberplates. And, no, you don't have to be in a team.
oli17, I think that as a demo race you can't join any of the tracks in the calendar, even Blackwood as it would be configured as S2 host rather than demo. You can join by adquiring a S2 license, but I'm afraid you can't take part in the champ as a demo racer.

Ontopic: XFG + Sundays is confirmed, isn't it?
*sigh* i went over this in the sign ups thread (basically i will have it by then). so what are the specs for the skin? number, logo and the rest is up to me?
Quote from oli17 :*sigh* i went over this in the sign ups thread (basically i will have it by then). so what are the specs for the skin? number, logo and the rest is up to me?

Yes that's it. Just be aware that you will be likely to make some modifications on your skin at some point because of this :

Quote from n-murray :ye im working on a numberplate at the moment

Quote from oli17 :firstly, is the car XF GTI or XF GTR? also, is the race at the weekends, and what time is it (if its been decided). also do we have to upload our skins before the race and do we have to be in teams?

Quote from Koa128 :oli17, I think that as a demo race you can't join any of the tracks in the calendar, even Blackwood as it would be configured as S2 host rather than demo. You can join by adquiring a S2 license, but I'm afraid you can't take part in the champ as a demo racer.

Ontopic: XFG + Sundays is confirmed, isn't it?

:shhh: We discussed this in the Sign-ups thread - he's getting S2
Quote from oli17 :*sigh* i went over this in the sign ups thread (basically i will have it by then). so what are the specs for the skin? number, logo and the rest is up to me?

Yep.

Races are Sunday evenings, no time atm but I would think starting at 6-7 UTC or something like that

EDIT: @ The Website guys, its got the first round on the 5th June, not July
embarassing Q, but how do i make a skin? the default file is .dds how do i open it with photoshop?
Quote from J@tko ::shhh: We discussed this in the Sign-ups thread - he's getting S2

Tks for the update

Good news Oli, hurry up for combo practice
can ppl please help me with the skins, i'm getting myself into a right mess!
Quote from oli17 :embarassing Q, but how do i make a skin? the default file is .dds how do i open it with photoshop?

Nope, just get a basic template for the XFG, and I encourage you to download the LFS Viewer, which includes basic JPGs templates for all the cars.

After that, just get your favourite image editor and start to work
where are these templates? i downloaded them but don't know how to get the templates to photoshop? what folder are they in?
Quote from oli17 :where are these templates? i downloaded them but don't know how to get the templates to photoshop? what folder are they in?

lfs/data/skins - its called XFG_default.jpeg. Resize it to 2048*2048 for skinning.
i only have like 5 files in there, and they aren't it. all of the skins are in .dds format, why aren't yours? what's going on!?!??
GOT IT! it was in lfs/data/data/skins...WTF!
Quote from oli17 :GOT IT! it was in lfs/data/data/skins...WTF!

You have a wierd file structure there
yep. i have absolutely no idea what i'm doing, so i'll stop. can someone give me a complete idiots guide to skinning. literally the most stupidly basic instructions ever. i've looked at some guides but they make no sense.
Quote from oli17 :yep. i have absolutely no idea what i'm doing, so i'll stop. can someone give me a complete idiots guide to skinning. literally the most stupidly basic instructions ever. i've looked at some guides but they make no sense.

Dear oli, I'm afraid, I can't help you making sking, but may I ask you, to qoute this post in my signature?

MMS Cup season 2 Q&A + General discussion
(48 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG