The online racing simulator
RaceDay 5 - Post Race Chat
I was impressed with the quality of driving shown by most if not all on track this evening. There are a few points which could be better, hopefully we can get them sorted out for the next and final round of the series:
  • End of Race Proceedure states that at the end of a race each driver must proceed back to the pitlane or the start finish line (for places 1st - 3rd). At the end of Race 1, all drivers returned to the pitlane, the top three should have gone to the grid and awaited instruction. This proceedures does not include Donouts
  • At the end of Race 2, the top 2 drivers passed the start/finish line to complete donouts where as the 3rd place driver went to the pitlane.
  • Common courtesy dictates that drivers should remain in the server after a race-ending crash. Staying in the server shows other drivers that you have respect for them, by staying to see the end of thier race. Leaving sometimes gives the impression that when your race is over, nothing else matters. Please remain in the server till the end of the session.
Personally, I had a great time! Ok, I finished last twice, but at least I finished, and I really enjoyed some LFS time. See you next round!
#2 - 5haz
Thanks for organising, shame about the small grids but good racing none the less.

Hehe sorry about the post race, race 1 I just followed the person infront just in case, and as for the donuts, well I just couldn't help it.
Quote from 5haz :Thanks for organising, shame about the small grids but good racing none the less.

Hehe sorry about the post race, race 1 I just followed the person infront just in case, and as for the donuts, well I just couldn't help it.

Mathamatically, you're champion! Gratz!
Sorry guys, I have bad lag and fps troubles, also sorry to chris who i dunno whos fault it was but oh well
Hope u had a good time lads!,
Dan
Quote from mkinnov8 :Common courtesy dictates that drivers should remain in the server after a race-ending crash. Staying in the server shows other drivers that you have respect for them, by staying to see the end of thier race. Leaving sometimes gives the impression that when your race is over, nothing else matters. Please remain in the server till the end of the session.

I only left to lower any lag, which I know I have, in the server. I've been taught to do it in every other league I've driven in.
Sorry about the donuts race 1! It was the first time i've been up the sharp end so wasn't sure what to do. I know now for the next race however. Thanks for hosting it lads, although there weren't many of us the racing was fun and I'm looking forward to the next round. Congrats to joe on the title, your driving was awesome yesterday!
No problem guys. Really, every league will have different proceedures and drivers should make sure they have read up on them (particularly when included in PM's ).

Chris, firstly you spectated, thus reducing your lag. In LFS, leaving the server does not reduce server lag. It may reduce your lag personally, but as you are not on the track, your connection does not tax the connection to the master server. And its mkinnov8, or Stoney is just fine .

The End of Race Proceedure that RaceSIM use, simulates (as much as possible in LFS) real life. There are a few reasons we ask the drivers to complete the slowing down lap:
  • If drivers are angry, that slowing down lap gives them one more thing to think about, thus reducing thier anger by the time they get to the pits
  • In strict leagues, penalties could be issued for non-following of end of race proceedures*
  • Completing the lap stops the unrealistic "crashing" which occurs at the end of usual LFS races
  • Completing the lap looks much better for highlights or broadcast
  • Completing this lap gives Race Control extra time to complete thier work before drivers start leaving.
* If we were seriously applying penalties for the after race proceedure rule on this race, this is how that would have gone down, and how the results & championship would have been effected.

Race 1:

Grindle, Lapervotte and Tarlton all drove into the pitlane following the race, where they should have gone to the start/finish line (which doubles as the podium generally in LFS). A +30 Second penalty would have been applied to thier race finish times, and dropped them from thier 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

The race results would have been approx. as follows:
  1. 22 J.Shaw
  2. 27 B.Grindle
  3. 33 Y. Laprevotte
  4. 00 B.Tarlton
  5. 03 K.Higgins
In Race 2, 1st, 2nd and 3rd again broke proceedure (this time 1st and 2nd going to the start/finish, but then donut-ing, and 3rd place going to the pitlane. Ironicly, even after 30 added seconds, the positions for this race would have remained as they were.

But, we are not enforcing these rules strictly for this race or the coming one, but that doesnt mean drivers are not expected to follow them

Overall, you all did great and it was quite an easy session to organise. I hope you had fun, and that you will attend the final race of this series in two weeks time, at Westhill.
Nice event guys. Shame that only 8 guys did show-up. But that was quite fun anyway, as this combo requests all of your attention if you don't want to see your car spinning on the chicane and then fly in one of the tower near the track, due to the weird LFS physics.

Sorry for my non-attendance on race 2, I was going for the distance that was showed on the first post of the pre-race discussion thread, but 25 minutes of race was too much for me last night.

Quote from mkinnov8 :
Grindle, Lapervotte and Tarlton all drove into the pitlane following the race, where they should have gone to the start/finish line (which doubles as the podium generally in LFS). A +30 Second penalty would have been applied to thier race finish times, and dropped them from thier 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

I knew that we didn't respect the procedure, but I saw the winner coming in the pits, that's why I decided to follow him.
#9 - bozo
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Nice event guys. Shame that only 8 guys did show-up. But that was quite fun anyway, ...

I was moving my ISP, but the previous provider stopped the connection 2 weeks early (kind of them!). Back online now though, and I'll be ready to defend my position at the final event.

RaceDay 5 - Post Race Chat
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG