Qualifying:
N/A

Race:
#06 - DT for avoidable contact with #08
#17 - DT for incorrect skin
#28 - DT for incorrect skin
#26 - DT for avoidable contact with #18
#2 - Mysho
The server for me simply dissapeared from LFS when I wanted to join to do a stint, I tried to find by name - it said he is NOT online while he was driving on the server, never seen anything like this before... I tried like 10 people and all offline, how the blah can server be not on the list of LFS? Bug or what?
#3 - J@tko
Quote from Mysho :The server for me simply dissapeared from LFS when I wanted to join to do a stint, I tried to find by name - it said he is NOT online while he was driving on the server, never seen anything like this before... I tried like 10 people and all offline, how the blah can server be not on the list of LFS? Bug or what?

I had that before
Quote from Mysho :The server for me simply dissapeared from LFS when I wanted to join to do a stint, I tried to find by name - it said he is NOT online while he was driving on the server, never seen anything like this before... I tried like 10 people and all offline, how the blah can server be not on the list of LFS? Bug or what?

This what victor told me about it.

Quote :hi, the master had to be restarted twice just now. But it's up and running now and will remain so.

victor

Quote :weird. I did see it on the remote, though it wasn't on lfsworld's host list. Apparently the host didn't register with the master, so noone could join it.
However now I see it back again, in the master and on lfsworld.

Too bad you've had to stop the race

victor

To clarify, the "gaps" that one car had over another at the end of the first part of the race were erased with the race restart, as they would have been in a real life race. The result on the tracker will be final, barring any penalties, and plus 65 total laps.
#6 - Megin
Quote from DeadWolfBones :PENALTIES

Race:
#17 - DT for incorrect skin

I watch replay and i see proper skin... what was wrong with our skin?
Could u upload printscreen of our car?
Quote from Megin :I watch replay and i see proper skin... what was wrong with our skin?
Could u upload printscreen of our car?

New plates, introduced for this round. See skin thread.

Also, you continued to drive after we told you to stop in T1 at the end of the race. This may incur a further penalty, we need to investigate.
#8 - CSF
After that, I'm going to the pub.

See you at AS7.
i want replay from first start, IGTC server.
got badly owned by the cars behind when i stopped for an accident ahead were cars were blocking the track.

safe to say that someone made me the bullit to clear the road.

also an incident in lap 20 ish that i need a better look at.

thx in advance.

Quote from DeadWolfBones :New plates, introduced for this round. See skin thread.

Also, you continued to drive after we told you to stop in T1 at the end of the race. This may incur a further penalty, we need to investigate.

1. About new skins... now I know I have to read not only drivers meeting, make confirmation but also every thread in this forum before race (and also read some crap with it). It will be useful to announced changes like new skins also in drivers meeting or better by pm (for example with PM announcing confirmation)
2. Oh, I didn't catch those messages about stopping in T1, really sorry for troubles
Quote from Megin :1. About new skins... now I know I have to read not only drivers meeting, make confirmation but also every thread in this forum before race (and also read some crap with it). It will be useful to announced changes like new skins also in drivers meeting or better by pm (for example with PM announcing confirmation)
2. Oh, I didn't catch those messages about stopping in T1, really sorry for troubles

Yeah, perhaps we ought to announce skin changes and such via PM, but the posts about the new logos were in the skins thread since about 2 days after the last race. Plenty of time for everyone to see them. In general, if there's a new post in the IGTC forum, you should read it.

If we're using the MoE tracker, you ALWAYS need to stop in T1 (or somewhere before the sector 1 split), because the tracker can mess up if you go further.

Thanks!
Can I make a point (or a semicolon if you like). I think it's rather absurd that the penalties given are for incorrect numberboards (to which no one pays attention to) (and arguably when the info of it being changed is not even being announced in an info thread) when teams who do not show up after making their confirmation when there is a mile long waiting list are not penalized at all.
First, grats to podium!!!

And can anybody upload second race on second server, I don't have replay.
Quote from hyntty :Can I make a point (or a semicolon if you like). I think it's rather absurd that the penalties given are for incorrect numberboards (to which no one pays attention to) (and arguably when the info of it being changed is not even being announced in an info thread) when teams who do not show up after making their confirmation when there is a mile long waiting list are not penalized at all.

The rules state that teams who miss two consecutive (or three total) races during the season will be demoted to the bottom of the waiting list.

Both AMT and Mercury gave good enough reasons for failing to attend, and I'm 99% sure that n!faculty's absence was due to a time zone mixup (given that their driver connected at 18:59, as if he were showing up for quali. That's silly but not unforgivable.
#17 - CSF
I would like to ask what the admins will do if a situation like the one we had yesterday with the server occurs again. Will we have the same mumbo jumbo with the lapped cars racing each other while they were being 'lapped', while the admins tell us that we should check the tracker... which they had not checked was working correctly before restarting? Or will you guys now rethink that calamity and present a better solution in the future?
The way you could resolve the blug flag situation by using LFS, is to have the drivers start the 2nd part of the race in the tracker order, and then have the the cars on the lead lap go around the circuit and lap those at the back who are 1 or 2 laps down, then reset all cars and then begin the rolling start - don't know how much that would muck up the tracker though, but it would preserve the blue flags!
#19 - AMB
Quote from DeadWolfBones :and I'm 99% sure that n!faculty's absence was due to a time zone mixup (given that their driver connected at 18:59, as if he were showing up for quali. That's silly but not unforgivable.

Correct, sorry I should of known this, although I wasn't actually driving but came on to support the team and found out they had a mix up
Quote from CSF :I would like to ask what the admins will do if a situation like the one we had yesterday with the server occurs again. Will we have the same mumbo jumbo with the lapped cars racing each other while they were being 'lapped', while the admins tell us that we should check the tracker... which they had not checked was working correctly before restarting? Or will you guys now rethink that calamity and present a better solution in the future?

In the future, should this happen again, cars will be ordered in tracker order (rather than on-track order) for the subsequent restart. We did it the way we did it yesterday because I thought it had to be that way for tracker continuity, but that turned out not to be the case.

As for the tracker not correctly continuing on from the original race, that was a mixup on the tracker admin end that will also be done more smoothly in the future.
#21 - CSF
Quote from DeadWolfBones :In the future, should this happen again, cars will be ordered in tracker order (rather than on-track order) for the subsequent restart. We did it the way we did it yesterday because I thought it had to be that way for tracker continuity, but that turned out not to be the case.

As for the tracker not correctly continuing on from the original race, that was a mixup on the tracker admin end that will also be done more smoothly in the future.

Thanks for the quick response.
Quote from CSF :I would like to ask what the admins will do if a situation like the one we had yesterday with the server occurs again.

As I see it, and this is only my 5 cents to this topic, the solution could be something along the next lines:

1. If server is laggy or there are problems like we had them in this last race: Choose time when you want to end the first part of the race. I.e. in the case of this last race, admins could have changed the length of the race to 2hrs, announce on server that every one on track should finish the race as it is regular end of race. That way you will have exacts gaps between teams saved and you can make a screenshot on server and announce it before the 2nd part of the race so the managers and who ever from the team wants, can take a look and calculate positions... when part 2 is over, add all the results and that is final result.

2. If server crashed: Take the second to last full lap of the leader and count it as the end of the race part 1. In that way you will have time differences between all cars on track, when they cross the line in that lap, after the leader crossed it. Start the part 2 of the race in order that the lap in question is finished. Add all the times of this two races and you will have your standings. Same as in case 1, before starting part 2 of the race, announce gaps between cars (could be some kind of screenshot of tracker or in-race screenshot, it's a little bit harder in this case...).

I believe saving gaps is the only fair solution. I remember watching some races in real life that had to be stopped and they had aggregate time for final standings... also, to be full fair in saying this, there were opposite cases in real life too, when drivers lost their gaps, but I think there is less of those...
Quote from Dragonmen :I believe saving gaps is the only fair solution. I remember watching some races in real life that had to be stopped and they had aggregate time for final standings... also, to be full fair in saying this, there were opposite cases in real life too, when drivers lost their gaps, but I think there is less of those...

I can't think of a single circuit racing series that does it this way. All series that I know of, when red-flagged, line up the cars nose-to-tail and then have a regular rolling restart, which is what we attempted to approximate yesterday.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :I can't think of a single circuit racing series that does it this way. All series that I know of, when red-flagged, line up the cars nose-to-tail and then have a regular rolling restart, which is what we attempted to approximate yesterday.

Did I say something different to this? I just added that the results should be aggregate, both parts added together with gaps of the first part.

I know my english is not excellent but I do not think it is that bad to understand me...

I remember seeing this in openwheel c'ships which I like the most of the all racing series... I believe I saw it in F1 in some very old races, also in some lower openwheel series... very clearly I remember seeing it in motoGP and bike races...
i personally don't think it's a practical solution. Essentially a red flag situation is just a safety car period but because of a more dire situation which we can have little or no control over.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG