The online racing simulator
Next season (2009)
Heyho :-)

The season is near the end and well.. how about next season? :-)
Are there some news about that?

Sheepy
#2 - t1ger
Hi Sheepy,

Blimey you are keen! As yet, we have no plans for next seasons "theme" or car/track combos, but rest assured there will be a full season for you to enjoy.

Qualifying on the server instead of uploading hotlaps will be kept, however we are toying with new ideas for exactly how this works, but I will keep you in the dark about those for now!

Other than that, I would like to change the RaceControl application which the hosts use to organise the actual races, and if I can do what I am hoping to do, this will make the experience better for racers and hosts. Again, I will keep you in the dark about this too just in case I can not pull it off and then no-one is dissapointed.

So, have a good holiday, and the league will be back next year with a brand new season of fun for racers of all skill levels!

Tim
even if a bit long for me, I very much liked this league ;-) good job
Without brining your app into the public domain but as you've mentioned it, the only thing I find troublesome with the app is the PID issue, but I realize that is LFS not issuing a number until they get on track, other than that, no problems. I look forward to your ideas.

Next season... Well personally I think we should wait until the new VW car comes in the next patch. It would be so annoying to plan a season, get it underway and then a new patch arrives.

However, depending on interest both S.Varjonen and I had a nice plan for a special event which we scrapped in the Summer - if enough people fancy something nearer Xmas then do lets us know. No point in planning something if only three people show after all.

Re This season - too long as Shimanofr mentioned, the summer break really dragged it for me.
Yes the quali Server is great :-) much better then the Uploadsystem from before!!!

well... may we can finaly drive kyoto gp next season
I would like to put forward that all available cars are used. Even the BF1
Every car in one season - that sounds MAD but at the same time FANTASTIC.
I really enjoyed the 2008 season.

1 gripe though. I missed the 1st race after the summer break because I simply forgot.

Could an auto email be sent out to every member, say a week before the end of the summer break, as a reminder?

Other than that, great season guys (Qualy on the server is much better ). Keep up the good work
#9 - Tukko
Quote from tongey :(Qualy on the server is much better ). Keep up the good work

I prefer hotlap qualy! hope to see a new car and some nice combos next season.. maybe I'll be back!
Quote from Tukko :I prefer hotlap qualy! hope to see a new car and some nice combos next season.. maybe I'll be back!

:jawdrop:
Hey. I filled out the form at the olfsl website, and was wondering what I should do next, if anything. What Im really asking is, is there anything I need to do before the start of the season in order to get in? Thanks, and sorry if this is answered elsewhere
Quote from Tukko :I prefer hotlap qualy! hope to see a new car and some nice combos next season.. maybe I'll be back!

I prefer HL qualy too. That was something OLFSL was special by. And also it makes your life much easier if you're tight with time, like I am
In upcoming season, please try make holiday break-time longer than that in season 08.
I remeber that season 07 was without races from mid-june to end of august, and that was good .
Races on 29.06.08 and 21.09.08 were held during holidays, so part of us couldn't race in them.
we're working on it
We're already working on next season, more news as it happens.
Any news, like race calendar maybe, it's March already
please bring back the hotlap qualify.

I might join again
Quick Update:
  • Race Calendar has been drafted, just needs dates adding (taking into account F1 weekends and holidays etc etc)
  • Qualifying server will be kept (no hotlap qualifying - sorry three_jump, can we not pursuade you to try the qualifying server again?)
  • Warm-Up race will be announced soon, so keep checking the web site for the details.
@Devaar: no you don't need to do anything more yet. Just keep watching the site, and it will all be made clear when you need to do something. Welcome aboard!

Tim
depends a lot on the dates.
Quote from t1ger :
  • Race Calendar has been drafted, just needs dates adding (taking into account F1 weekends and holidays etc etc)

can we see, can we see
Combo
Hi racers

Give me the first combo , I need a challenge

Best Regards
Thunder
warm up race announced, check the site.
It might be late for me to say this, but I'll still share my thoughts.

I noticed how everyone avoid using BF1 car in any league with mixed cars. I'm almost ok with this in national leagues, but in international league with mixed cars like this, I think there should be a BF1 race.

I understand that there is a fear that racing wouldn't be intense or w/e, but just to drive BF1 alone for that long and not make any cardinal mistake is extremely satisfying.

I know that in beginning there was huge fear of the downforce loose moments, but over the past three or so years OWRL and oneGP showed how racing with BF1 can be fun too.

FTR I'm not SS fan at all
Hi Niki.

If it was up to me I'd always include a race with the BF1 however ib general it seems a bit too much to handle for most racers.
I was afraid you'd say something like that, but have you ever thought of picking some pretty simple combo, maybe that'd help

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG