The online racing simulator
ok, we have a problem. our austrian driver just lost his internet-connection and it seems, that his ISP has serious problems.

we may have to finish the race with just 2 drivers, which means that we get what kind of penalty?
Quote from foofighter :ok, we have a problem. our austrian driver just lost his internet-connection and it seems, that his ISP has serious problems.

we may have to finish the race with just 2 drivers, which means that we get what kind of penalty?

the number of laps you are over the limit per driver will be deducted from your total laps.
You may use a total of 4 drivers in your race weekend, which includes Q1, Q2, and the race.

You've used Louis and Ernst in the quali sessions. Louis and Moos have raced in this race. Since you don't have a 4th driver listed, all of this is kinda moot, though.

If can find a 4th driver (already on your overall team roster but not on this race roster) you can add him, but you'll get a SG penalty in compensation.

If you cannot find a 4th driver, all laps done over the 45% limit by whichever driver exceeds it will not count.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :

If can find a 4th driver (already on your overall team roster but not on this race roster) you can add him, but you'll get a SG penalty in compensation.

Why they just don't add up driver to driver nominations?
Quote from Dragonmen :Why they just don't add up driver to driver nominations?

Not sure I understand what you're asking...
Quote from Dragonmen :This may sound silly but I will protest against every team for warming tires under warm up lap, yeah you read it right.

rule says:
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=972079#post972079

So we file protest for:
1, 5, 3, 4, 2, 11, 9, 15, 18, 17, 10, 19, 14, 7, 35, 34, 38, 30, 32, 37, 33, 36

That is the main reason for some of the accidents we saw in first lap. Some had warm tires and others did not...

Protest denied.

Clarification - The rule in the rulebook is as follow:
* In all but the last sector teams are expected to leave a gap of approximately 5 cars between their car and the car ahead. In the final sector, single formation will be transferred into dual file formation. In the dual formation teams are expected to allow about half a car length between the car in front, and the car next to him.

In essence the post you were referring to was followed up by another edit of the rulings which can be found here after a page of ongoing discussions.
This means that in the single file formation teams have to maintain enough distance between each other and are allowed to warm up tires, only when they reach the final sector, the grid goes into dual file formation and any form of weaving is forbidden.

The same has been applied in the past (see for instance - http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=50839).

Quote from Dragonmen :
About our penalty for skin:
Rule says "with NO livery"

If it is ok to get a penalty for having 75% of correct racing livery (sunstrip, number plate, correct names) and not having only logo of race, and not be able to take common sense in account there, than I don't know why we would do it in case of warm up lap.

Throughout the whole season the correct livery (updated in the skin thread) has been provided and applied by teams (including yourself). If I would apply common sense, it seem normal to me that the same applies for this race.
#07 had to stop - we are looking forward to kyoto - thx
Quote from AppiePils :
Throughout the whole season the correct livery (updated in the skin thread) has been provided and applied by teams (including yourself). If I would apply common sense, it seem normal to me that the same applies for this race.

As you can see we have our skin in skin thread for this race. Our driver had a clean install of LFS ready for the race but accidentally started the old one with the skin of last race...
1 out of 4 things was missing, we had skin with MOE sunstrip and correct number and correct drivers...

rule says "...with NO livery..."

nevermind, I know you would not change your nonsense decision...
Quote from Dragonmen :As you can see we have our skin in skin thread for this race. Our driver had a clean install of LFS ready for the race but accidentally started the old one with the skin of last race...
1 out of 4 things was missing, we had skin with MOE sunstrip and correct number and correct drivers...

rule says "...with NO livery..."

nevermind, I know you would not change your nonsense decision...

The bold part means you do understand the rule, however due to a personal error it was not followed up completely. Livery is the livery as provided by the admins for this race.
protest against #35 by #40

Last 5minutes we all saw it...

EDIT: i file this protest with out seeing it, so dont go flaming

EDIT2:
Correct format of protest:

Protest against #35 F1rst racing submited by #40 AutoMotoTrke.net Sim Racing Team

• The lap/sector/time: L297 (GT2 class) / sector 2 / timestamp 5h57min and so on
• The cars involved: #35 and #40
• Description from our point of view:
Mr. Gluscevic was in the lead, slightly defensive line with a full car over Mr. Arends.
Mr. Gluscevic turns in time for a next corner. Due to bumps from behind from Mr. Arends, on a diagonal corner of our car, Mr. Gluscevic was not allowed to keep the car in line for a corner. Mr. Ardens had no right for the line/room there, because he was not overlapping Mr. Gluscevic's car and was on the outside line of the corner. Mr. Arends should have stayed behind.

EDIT yet again:
because it was near end of race incident, I knew it would be considered after the race and therefor you would already have your mpr.
full mpr was provided here: http://www.darcyf1.net/lfs/MoE/20082009/R5/0809MoE_R5.mpr
Need something more specific there... a lot of us saw nothing much happen except a driver get out of shape and not catch it.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Need something more specific there... a lot of us saw nothing much happen except a driver get out of shape and not catch it.

Basically it was rude driving by m1ster f1rst dr1ver.
We were turning right while they were pushing us on our left end part of the car causing us to turn wheel more right that caused us to go off the track.
This is not BTCC or WTCC as I understand racing...
Quote from Dragonmen :protest against #35 by #40

EDIT: i file this protest with out seeing it
, so dont go flaming

lol @ the contradiction

Only thing i saw was maybe the forceful nature of attempting to get alongside your car meaning you had to leave the racing line or let an accident happen.
Not a fan of this type of racing, but its sadly not uncommon, we all saw it in the Spa GP, Lewis either had to let Kimi drive him off the road and cause a collision, or leave the track in order to let both stay in the race. C*ntish actions, but look what happened there, Kimi gets what he wants and Lewis got penalised for taking advantage of being disadvantaged despite giving up the advantage...

Its wrong that the only option you had was leave the racing line you were intitled to, or get taken out by aggressive driving, you were screwed eitherway

Thats assuming it happened that way, which it kinda looked like on remote & stream, but that doesnt mean too much.

edit - Lewis has done it plenty of times too, like at Hockenheim, just goes to prove sometimes its a c*nts sport, cos they're the ones doing well while crossing the line between what most people would consider fair & unreasonable racing.
Quote from PaulC2K :lol @ the contradiction

yeah when I see "we all saw it" I did not mean myself, should have wrote "you who watched the stream"... but nevermind... you understand me... or not...

Oh yeah, one more thing, you thought I was done with protests for this race? Well you were wrong...
Someone's a Hamilton fan!
-
(pearcy_2k7) DELETED by DeadWolfBones
Quote from Dragonmen :protest against #35 by #40

EDIT: i file this protest with out seeing it, so dont go flaming

Filing the protest without seeing it says it all. Gather a replay, talk to your drivers, analyse everything.... then file a protest if you still think you've been pushed off.

A protest is a way of saying "hey I've been screwed, please have a look" Not "hey I've lost a position in a battle, but please see if anything could make that other guy's move illegal, anything".

Just make sure you think you've been screwed before making it official here.
Phil, please, if you dont like it, just dont read it. If it is because you want to make me a friendly point, its appreciated but dont do it either, I dont need tutor, ok? thnx
-
(pearcy_2k7) DELETED by DeadWolfBones
-
(Dragonmen) DELETED by DeadWolfBones
Protest against car #37 for using a driver that was not on the list of nominated drivers before deadline in driver nominations thread.

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=54517 says:
Quote : Deadline is Friday February 27, 21:00 UCT.

Driver names should be announced the Friday before the start of the race by 21:00 UTC. Teams who fail to meet this deadline will start at the rear of their respective class grid.

So teams who fail to submit driver nominations can even get penalty.

and new driver was added here: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1088122#post1088122 clearly after the deadline.
Sorry to #37 if admins told you it is ok, but I dont see it anywhere and no rule is there that it says it is ok.

Talking to DWB he said "we allow driver lineup changes up till the start of the race" but I do not see this rule anywhere. His explanation is that this "driver nominations" thread is for:
"The confirmation deadline is there to ensure that teams intend to attend the race."
Then why do you ask us to nominate drivers and give us this deadline?

I dont like this ad hoc rules where and when admins like it, calling on "common sense" but on the other sense they can not use the same common sense on other things... like team skin...

It is just wrong.
Quote from Dragonmen :Protest against car #37 for using a driver that was not on the list of nominated drivers before deadline in driver nominations thread.

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=54517 says:

So teams who fail to submit driver nominations can even get penalty.

and new driver was added here: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1088122#post1088122 clearly after the deadline.
Sorry to #37 if admins told you it is ok, but I dont see it anywhere and no rule is there that it says it is ok.

Talking to DWB he said "we allow driver lineup changes up till the start of the race" but I do not see this rule anywhere. His explanation is that this "driver nominations" thread is for:
"The confirmation deadline is there to ensure that teams intend to attend the race."
Then why do you ask us to nominate drivers and give us this deadline?

I dont like this ad hoc rules where and when admins like it, calling on "common sense" but on the other sense they can not use the same common sense on other things... like team skin...

It is just wrong.

Protest denied.

We allow lineup changes up to the start of the race. Changes after the start of the race will result in a SG for the team in question, and the added drivers may only come from drivers already in the overall team lineup.

The MoE rulebook relies heavily on common sense where the rules do not specifically address a situation. It also relies on custom. It has been customary this season for us to allow driver changes past the deadline and leading up to the start of the race.

Finally, we ask that teams only protest incidents that directly involve them. Any more protests of this nature will be considered frivolous and will result in penalties. If you have a concern with or questions about the rules, bring them to the admins directly and we will explain or discuss them with you.

Thanks.
Well I think that ruling should not rely on common sense if that sense is as we saw it on this race this all started with that ruling about our skin, remember that...

This ad hoc ruling and way of conducting written rules, to be honest, is not what I expected to see in high class league like MoE, by well experienced admins...

But hey, I guess it is the way world goes... we have it in all kind of real sports so why not have it in here?
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Protest denied.
We allow lineup changes up to the start of the race.
Thanks.

Driver names should be announc ... ir respective class grid.

I understand Dragonman´s confusion. You´re talking in two different directions to me as well here. How about an MoE " Ask questions here" thread like in the IGTC?

On the other hand, Dragonman. I´d recommend you to not just pick on a single team here, that doesn´t look very friendly, but take all the teams who have edited their driver line-up posts after the deadline. Including TDRT.
Quote from R.Kolz :
On the other hand, Dragonman. I´d recommend you to not just pick on a single team here, that doesn´t look very friendly, but take all the teams who have edited their driver line-up posts after the deadline. Including TDRT.

I did not notice your team did it, I've noticed #32 do it too, but no laps from arrow who was added to line up... and I've said sorry to name #37 in that post.

thanx for expressing you are puzzled by this too, so it is not only me...
Quote from Dragonmen :Well I think that ruling should not rely on common sense if that sense is as we saw it on this race this all started with that ruling about our skin, remember that...

Yes, it started with you not accepting the skin ruling and going on a series of unrelated/poorly justified protests as some sort of way to relieve your frustration.

Kolz, the deadline means that A driver lineup must be posted by that deadline. We prefer it to be, but it does not HAVE to be, the final lineup. Small changes to the lineup are allowed after the deadline, and have been for some time. The purpose of the deadline is, as I told Milan, to ensure that teams are committed to attending the race, and to let us put together a provisional set of tracker input.
Quote from DeadWolfBones : Kolz, the deadline means that A driver lineup must be posted by that deadline. We prefer it to be, but it does not HAVE to be, the final lineup. Small changes to the lineup are allowed after the deadline, and have been for some time. The purpose of the deadline is, as I told Milan, to ensure that teams are committed to attending the race, and to let us put together a provisional set of tracker input.

I understand your motivation for doing so. That´s just fair to give you admins enough time to properly set up the tracker and have a clue of which team is likely to race and which isn´t. Fact is, you made two different statements and that´s causing trouble now. I rest my case.
Thanks for organising it together with your MoE admin crew. All I can say.
I want say sorry for mine inopportune incursion today on MOE server.

(I have'd join on MOE Server instead to use Streaming service)

I have'd do one unlike good thing.

I apologize for this.

Logomaco.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG