The online racing simulator
So, that's it?
(134 posts, closed, started )
everyones running around like headless chickens acting like LFS isn't worth playing any more! There are other servers out there, remove your CTRA tunnel vision for gods sake
Quote from S14 DRIFT :If you weren't so quick to instigate shit, and be a generally ignorant *****, you'd have noticed a while back I had some issues and would take it out on the Forum. I've sinced sorted them and for 95% of the time I'm a fairly easy going and considerate forum member.
He's decided the best option would be to magically disappear, taking down the servers and deleted all the infomation on his profile, it seems to me like he's burried his head in the sand and left us with no decent organised racing to enjoy.

Maybe you and Sam are comparable. He had no obligation to keep it going, and in the same way that you had issues, he has mentioned that he has problems as well. You and Sam are comparable in that way; cut him some slack.

I don't think Sam's left us for good, I'm sure he's going to write one of his insanely long (longer than ajp71 sometimes ) posts which will attract either tea and sympathy or blood and flaming. Let's wait and see, shall we?
Just wanted to stop in and and thank the UKCT team for supporting the CTRA system while it was alive. I was by no means a regular on the servers, but when I was in desperate need of some pickup racing I knew where to go. The LFS community will survive without CTRA, but that doesn't mean it won't be missed. I can understand the whole burnout thing and don't blame anyone for pulling the plug, thanks again for all the time you've already donated to the system and to the LFS community.
Quote from thisnameistaken :...... How about you do Sam the same courtesy?

Quote from Mp3 Astra :....cut him some slack

Ehhh.. guess you guys are sorta right.
Quote from thisnameistaken :Some of us have been willing to give you a second chance, assuming that your attitude was mostly due to circumstances that were getting on top of you. How about you do Sam the same courtesy?

He doesn't owe you or anybody else a place to race, and it seems he's decided he needs some time out. Leave him to it and be grateful that he put in all that effort over the years.

Well done Kev for putting it far more politely than i was going to.

Everyone just need to chill out and see what happens.

After a few people got the knives out yesterday and then decided to stick them right in, I'm not surprised in the slightest that Sam shut it all down. Talk about kicking a guy when he's down.

Just be thankful for all the time and effort Sam and the rest of the UKCT guys have put in since they took over running and improving the system.

It was great while it lasted. Thank you to everyone that was involved.
He took his ball and went home?
Sad news indeed, nevertheless a big thank you to all UKCT (ex-)members for providing well-organized servers and investing many hours to keep them running.
Well at least you have shown the quality to know when you are wrong, which is a good thing
____

Anyways, from the negative has to come a positive thing.

What can be done to save CTRA?

I know people have said about paying a subscription fee, would that work? What would you want to see for your moneys worth?

Personally i think it would work, but id like to see CTRA becoming a governing body for leagues etc.. from rookie leagues to pinnacle leagues. Basically as it is now, i dont think its worth investing in, but if it was to become something like the above with leagues and that, i could be tempted to clear the dust off the wallet.

But... Would this ruin LFS for people who cannot afford to subscribe to CTRA?
#59 - Jakg
How would money help?
Well i got the idea that you were trying to make this a viable business, see the other thread. If im wrong then sorry ill shuttap.
Its your choice guys, it seems sam's going through a rough patch... but look on the bright side... CTRA will be back better than ever. Well done for all the effort you put in guys
Quote from S14 DRIFT :
If Sam was serious about CTRA, he could have simply taken a step back and passed the buck onto either someone else in UKCT (I'm sure a glory hunter would have stepped up to the plate) on a temporary basis or recruited more people to deal with the reports and day to day running of the server gameplay wise. He's decided the best option would be to magically disappear, taking down the servers and deleted all the infomation on his profile, it seems to me like he's burried his head in the sand and left us with no decent organised racing to enjoy. (let alone an official report as to what he's done and if there is any future left).

u heart about this .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burnout_(psychology)

try reading it and think twise before posting that.
I will miss Bump & Jump. I had pretty good races there in the last few days.
@ Moose : if you are talking about me you got my post a bit wrong.

CTRA was 1 of the best systems out there and would be a hell of job for someone to top that. I thank the whole bunch of CTRA for the good fun I had there. Was a top system, good fun. But like always good things come to a end. Shame but thats life. I am thankfull for the time and effort the guys have put in too it.
Thanks for all the great races CTRA!!

And all the bunch of fo**faces who think they can do it better GET A FU**

You should be a shame of yourself saying things like this (Also about the current… topic) it’s a very nice attack FROM BEHIND!!
If this is the LFS community than it’s not worth a good system as CTRA!

Thankyou
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Call me whatever you like, but that's all I have to say.

If ONLY that were true. I was trying to avoid posting in response to your attitude, but being unable to find the "add to ignore" list on this forum it seems I have no option but to read the drivel of a 17 year old boy.

You are offensive, immature and arrogant beyond your age. I would advise you re-read all the comments you've made in this thread alone and compare with your public story of woe... If the light bulb does not come on, then all hope is lost of you "coming of age"
Quote from hotmail : (and about the posters in that threat; nice to see how a banned gay turns it in a war zone)

Quoted......
i hope that ctra will come in its time, better and stronger...
S1 players surely wont gonna like this
#69 - Byku
Nice chaos guys , why not be polite and give a hug to everybody?

Personally I thank for all the people behind CTRA, those servers were really great. I enjoyed it a lot... and lincences were something to win for. Great fun, great races... and so close to gold license . Sam(if You will ever read this) I don't know what the hell is all the fuss about, but all I know that You were managing those servers for quiet some time and for that I thank You a lot. Becky... umm... what is this Blue 2 about? Will it be something like CTRA? Or something else? Just a broadcast system? Sorry for offtopic. Thank You Becky also for wonderful CTRA(as You were/is part of the team) and as I said all the other people(sorry... for not knowing who exacly... i'm not into the "behind-the-scenes" stuff :schwitz.

P.S.: People never change... ... we are going to kill ourselfs by nuclear war for sure ehh...
Quote from badeend :You should be a shame of yourself saying things like this (Also about the current… topic) it’s a very nice attack FROM BEHIND!!

Things like what? Like this:

Quote from hotmail :the one that makes the first line of code that gets the credit, (and about the posters in that threat; nice to see how a banned gay turns it in a war zone)

This is just a example, what people are saying :

Helllaluya for Mrs. Bill Gates, all the other game / applications makers sux, because they build it on his code

?

Quote from mookie427 :everyones running around like headless chickens acting like LFS isn't worth playing any more! There are other servers out there, remove your CTRA tunnel vision for gods sake

+1
Quote from dan12s :Its your choice guys, it seems sam's going through a rough patch... but look on the bright side... CTRA will be back better than ever. Well done for all the effort you put in guys

tbh dan the liklyhood of it coming back is small in my eyes, it may be somehting that happens but a suspect not
where to race now? i've been on CTRA since i finally broke down and bought LFS the week the Rocco was supposed to be released. no rocco, now no CTRA.

CTRA is pretty much the only place i've found that is populated on an everyday basis with HELPFUL racers. people here are willing to share sets and even guide me through a few laps on a new track/car combo.

i'm not the fastest, comfortable cars and tracks only get me around 1-2 seconds off the track record and i don't think a league would be much fun because of that.
Quote from james12s :tbh dan the liklyhood of it coming back is small in my eyes, it may be somehting that happens but a suspect not

the reason i say this is becuase sam put this in the CTRA state thread:I had suggested closing CTRA temporarily, taking a time-out to recharge and to get on top of some of the issues within the X-System that need addressing, rewriting the last of the unstable code, making some optimisations on the MyCTRA website and clearing the backlog of reports. There is also resistence to short-term closing, fearing that the CTRA would lose its appeal and become forgotten - resulting in empty servers when we re-open, and wasting the time and effort spent getting things back on top.
i really hope it does come back
#74 - th84
Quote from erfrag :where to race now? i've been on CTRA since i finally broke down and bought LFS the week the Rocco was supposed to be released. no rocco, now no CTRA.

CTRA is pretty much the only place i've found that is populated on an everyday basis with HELPFUL racers. people here are willing to share sets and even guide me through a few laps on a new track/car combo.

i'm not the fastest, comfortable cars and tracks only get me around 1-2 seconds off the track record and i don't think a league would be much fun because of that.

What times do you usually race? Feel free to join us on any of the S3R servers or the LOTA league servers. Some people are usually on every night (Thur. nights are race night, so it will be private). I think you'll find that the guys on those servers are as freindly and helpful as you'll find anywhere else. (myself not included, of course. Im an ass)
Quote from erfrag :where to race now? i've been on CTRA since i finally broke down and bought LFS the week the Rocco was supposed to be released. no rocco, now no CTRA.

the Rocco will still be coming mate, don't worry... just not yet
This thread is closed

So, that's it?
(134 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG