The online racing simulator
So, that's it?
(134 posts, closed, started )
So, that's it?
So CTRA has been shut down I'm guessing, since all servers are shown as "offline" on the Race Authority website?

Well it was fun while it lasted. Although all the talk of the Scirocco being implemented intot the X-System as of late meant I thought this project was serious about staying.

Anyway, I guess thanks to everyone involved in CTRA/UKCT and the upkeep of the system.
#2 - Bean0
As it was stated that hosting etc wasn't the issue, more the time required by actual humans, is there any chance of the servers coming back without the licensing aspect ?

Same cars, track rotation system, auto restarts, classed results etc...
Well, I'm sure help could have been recruited should it have been needed... it seems (to me, anyway) rather selfish to shut the servers down, rather than to ask for help.

Anyway, I hope it comes back because I don't play on LFS anywhere else..
Hmmm....TBH, I had little to no idea of the "background" stuff behind CTRA, and TBH, seeing all the "dirty washing airing" in the locked thread, I am not wholey suprised to see the CTRA system "gone".

Its just a shame its the LFS community that lose out.
Knowing UKCT's history and their collective ingenuity, I would have thought that they will come up with somthing.

I think its better waiting for an official anouncement before all the "its over, was good while it lasted" comments.

SD.
without ctra LFS become cruising and Demo players world.
#7 - Jakg
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Well, I'm sure help could have been recruited should it have been needed... it seems (to me, anyway) rather selfish to shut the servers down, rather than to ask for help.

You really are a proper tool. "selfish" to shut down a server that provides benefit to LFSers but doesn't provide any real benefit to UKCT (in fact UKCT members even pay for it...)?
Nooooooooooooooooooo
Quote from Jakg :You really are a proper tool. "selfish" to shut down a server that provides benefit to LFSers but doesn't provide any real benefit to UKCT (in fact UKCT members even pay for it...)?

How does that make me a tool?

Are you only involved in CTRA/UKCT because you want to "one-up" everyone else?

It's been said before (even by myself) that people would contribute to support the running of the CTRA servers, I'm sure if Sam made an application form, to recruit new people to deal with the reports on the X-System servers, there'd be more than enough people apply to sort everything out.

So let's think about it logically.

Money is a problem?

PEOPLE DONATE, PEOPLE (INC MYSELF) HAVE SAID WE'D DONATE.

Time is a problem?

RECRUIT SOME HELP, NOT HARD.

So, if you think what I said was selfish, think again. It's logical. Whatever the reason is for closing the CTRA servers down, is more than needing the manpower/money. If Sam was serious about keeping CTRA running, he could have hired some help and been able to take a GREAT deal of load off his back. But he chose not to, for whatever reason. He's already said it's not a matter of "being able to afford to host the servers".

.... Really Jack.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :

So, if you think what I said was selfish, think again. It's logical. Whatever the reason is for closing the CTRA servers down, is more than needing the manpower/money. If Sam was serious about keeping CTRA running, he could have hired some help and been able to take a GREAT deal of load off his back. But he chose not to, for whatever reason. He's already said it's not a matter of "being able to afford to host the servers".

You are jumping to the conclusion that the lack of servers means its all over.

Give people a chance to clarify and explain before trying to run their lives.

SD.
Quote from SparkyDave :You are jumping to the conclusion that the lack of servers means its all over.

Give people a chance to clarify and explain before trying to run their lives.

SD.

Have to agree, hopefully it's the week or 2 weeks needed just to recharge the batteries and clear any little niggles that’s there, and to call it a selfish decision is going a bit too far. It’s not as if we are a paying customer to the server, and they most certainly don’t owe us anything.

It’s been great fun racing in the CTRA over the past year or so, but there are plenty server lying unused and empty.
Crap happens and we move on. Agreed with Mackie, there are a lot empty servers laying around where to race but no one is there ever. People will probably find some new places now I think and few other servers will be filled up with CTRA drivers maybe.
If UKCT finds someone to take up running of CTRA I will gladly assist the new group in making changes to the X-System code to get them up and running.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :How does that make me a tool?

Are you only involved in CTRA/UKCT because you want to "one-up" everyone else?

It's been said before (even by myself) that people would contribute to support the running of the CTRA servers, I'm sure if Sam made an application form, to recruit new people to deal with the reports on the X-System servers, there'd be more than enough people apply to sort everything out.

So let's think about it logically.

Money is a problem?

PEOPLE DONATE, PEOPLE (INC MYSELF) HAVE SAID WE'D DONATE.

Time is a problem?

RECRUIT SOME HELP, NOT HARD.

.... Really Jack.

You'd be happy to put in several hundred pounds over the course of a year or two would you? You'd be happy to sit at the computer and instead of playing LFS simply file through thousands of petty reports filed by idiots against idiots, and have to pay for that privilege? You'd be happy to have people think you are biased all the time against certain parts of the community?

No, I thought not.
all you geeks need to get a life.
What if we already have one?
Sad, as for the very limited time I had for racing, CTRA was always the perfect place. Now with it gone, I don't yet know where to continue to race, as ordinary pubs are too casual, while leagues and tournaments need too much commitment.

Saying that, I still hope that CTRA will rise again, once SamH has solved his presumably numerous issues both IRL and with CTRA/LfS, regardless of the bad blood between him and becky.
Well SamH has removed all info on his profile/friends and avatar. So for now i think CTRA will be down.

Soooo let the guys have a break and stop hassling them. they do a great job. at least you can do is keep quiet till the situation has cooled. not open up another thread to encourage a flame war.

find something better to do with your time than worry about a server on a pc game. Me thinks some of you need to get a poke.
Quote from Rdcranno :Well SamH has removed all info on his profile/friends and avatar. So for now i think CTRA will be down.

Soooo let the guys have a break and stop hassling them. they do a great job. at least you can do is keep quiet till the situation has cooled. not open up another thread to encourage a flame war.

i agree withyou mate give them a break.

I dont think some people know how much work is involved in running a sever. let alone a racing League As big as thing one is
Quote from typhirion :i agree withyou mate give them a break.

I dont think some people know how much work is involved in running a sever. let alone a racing League As big as thing one is

I think you hit the nail on the head! I run a few servers for different games and just keeping all those running without the CTRA system is enough!

Sometimes a break can be good both for those working on it as well as for the customers to be able to miss it and really know what a service it is

Belive me when I say when you can't have CTRA any more it pisses you off
wtf CTRA gone?? Was the only racing servers that I went on.. Ah shit, end of lfs for me..
i think devs should donate to CTRA because without CTRA they will lose alot of players
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :wtf CTRA gone?? Was the only racing servers that I went on.. Ah shit, end of lfs for me..

Tomba(FIN)
S2 licensed

Racername: KR. Tomba
Online at: [url="lfs://%7CLightning+Racing+GT2+Club%7C0%7CS2%7C/"]Lightning Racing GT2 Club[/url]

Quote from Gil07 : Tomba(FIN)
S2 licensed

Racername: KR. Tomba
Online at: [url="lfs://%7CLightning+Racing+GT2+Club%7C0%7CS2%7C/"]Lightning Racing GT2 Club[/url]

yah gotta start searching for new servers, began now
Well, seems like that its over now
Was fun as far it lasted.
This thread is closed

So, that's it?
(134 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG